PDA

View Full Version : Well, well, well. Bucky fires back at Pellini. Hasn't his big ass mouth

Saltydog
08-02-2014, 12:18 PM
already got them in trouble once and now there's 31 missing emails. Actually, his big ass mouth has gotten him in trouble twice (had incident with a fan). Bucky's thin skin may be his eventual downfall.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000372668/article/hugh-freeze-fires-back-at-bo-pelini-regarding-transfer-comments

mstatefan91
08-02-2014, 12:29 PM
"I think it's bad form ... we're colleagues and in this together."

"I reached out to him, actually, and said, 'If you have something I don't know, please call me." Pelini did not respond, Freeze said.

Hugh Freeze: "We're glad we have String ... and his mom."

My interpretation of the second comment, "Please God let me know if you have actual evidence so I can prepare my apologies and statements accordingly."

RougeDawg
08-02-2014, 12:38 PM
Why would Pelini give over any information to the Black Hole that is OM Athletics and Compliance Department? This would only provide them more time to cover up and put more resources toward damage control. F*ck those cheating bastards. I hope Pelini did file a complaint with NCAA.

OM is like the Cheating Husband and the NCAA is like the wife. The wife continues to hear similar stories about the husband running around but he lies his way out time after time, with her believing him. The husband does a great job covering it up for a long time, but in the end there are just too many separate instances that are all alike for the wife to still believe that her husband isn't running around behind her(the NCAA's) back. It eventually comes out.

mstatefan91
08-02-2014, 12:45 PM
God they are full of themselves. One of the comments:

He chose to play for a school in the best division of the best conference? A school that has what is considered one of the most beautiful campuses in the country? With some of the most beautiful co-eds in the country? A school located in what many consider to be one of the best small towns in the USA to live in? Color me shocked.

smootness
08-02-2014, 12:46 PM
Freeze is weird. Any other coach will either say, 'I'm not going to go there' or 'We feel very good about the way we recruit.' Freeze is always saying, 'Let me know if you have something!'

It's just weird.

msstate7
08-02-2014, 12:51 PM
I personally think both of these coaches are sad for fighting over a trouble maker

mstatefan91
08-02-2014, 12:53 PM
I wouldn't want either one of them coaching at Mississippi State. This is just an entertaining situation that happens to involve our rival's (Are they still our rival? Let me consult sixpackspeak) coach the Reverend Freezus

LC Dawg
08-02-2014, 01:11 PM
already got them in trouble once and now there's 31 missing emails. Actually, his big ass mouth has gotten him in trouble twice (had incident with a fan). Bucky's thin skin may be his eventual downfall.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000372668/article/hugh-freeze-fires-back-at-bo-pelini-regarding-transfer-comments

I fully expect his thin skin to speed up his downfall. When he has a losing streak or loses a game he shouldn't I don't think he will be able to take the criticism he will receive from his fans and the media. The fact that he loves social media means it will be a very public debacle.

defiantdog
08-02-2014, 01:13 PM
I personally think both of these coaches are sad for fighting over a trouble maker

I'm right there with you.... there's a lot of drama queens on that OM "family" now. You have players that push coaches, coaches that yell at fans on twitter, fans that would rather post on a MSU sites than an OM site, etc.

Saltydog
08-02-2014, 01:29 PM
One week after Damore'ea Stringfellow stunned Nebraska fans by flipping his commitment from the Huskers to Ole Miss, it's useful to have a postscript, if you well, from Stringfellow's mom, Kahlilah Levine.

It was Levine, remember, who had such a strong impression of Ole Miss, which Stringfellow said played a factor in changing his mind. It was Levine, too, who accompanied Stringfellow on visits to Ole Miss and Alabama, while never making it to Nebraska's campus. In the wake of Stringfellow's flip, rumors that Ole Miss or Alabama had assisted in purchasing Levine's plane ticket were stronger and more confident ? if lacking proof ? than the usual charges of SEC under-the-table dealings. And in conversations with Levine before Stringfellow committed to Nebraska, she said she was going to advise in his decision, and that she'd accompany him on official visits when he went on them.

So I made a call on the back end of the process.

First, Levine denied "strongly" that any school or person gave her money to buy the plane ticket to visit Alabama or Ole Miss.

"You can put this in your blog: I couldn't care less what people say," she said Tuesday. "They're going to have their opinion regardless of what I tell them. They're still going to talk mess on a screen. Ole Miss didn't pay for my ticket. Alabama didn't pay for my ticket. I put myself in a bind, on my end, to make sure my son was content. That's my business to take care of and no one else's. Nobody's going to pay for my house or my car note. It's on me. At the end of the day, my son's content. The decision he made is the decision he made. There's not a price tag you can put on his decision, because money runs out.

"I could get on a blog and respond to these people, but for what? They're still going to think, even with your article, what they want to think."

Second, Levine said she purchased the plane ticket prior to Stringfellow committing to Nebraska on May 31. Even though she knew Stringfellow had transfer paperwork from the Huskers, she said she fully intended for her son to visit Alabama and Ole Miss ? even if he didn't know it when he committed.

"I told him I wanted him to come home, look over the paperwork I gave him, and we'd discuss it as a family," Levine said. "So however he reached the conclusion (to commit) or so he thought he'd reached that conclusion , I don't know. I was a little (surprised about the commit). I wanted him to explore all options. I told him: 'This is the last opportunity to go anywhere.' I wanted to make sure he was content. I think it was just that he was tired, that 'I'm going to go here, they offered me, and I'll be done with it.'

?On the other hand, I had already been looking at dates for him to visit somewhere else. Which he wasn't too happy about. But, in the end, I told him: 'You're going to make sure you explore all options, and make sure Nebraska is the place you want to be at.'?

Third, Levine claims she couldn't settle on an available date to visit Nebraska ? though the Huskers offered dates ? and that Stringfellow surprised her again by texting her that he was getting on a plane to go to Lincoln. Stringfellow visited NU just before the end of the school quarter at the University of Washington.

?In the midst of trying to move him out of his dorm in Seattle, I had too many errands I had to run before I could make it to Nebraska,? she said.

Fourth, Levine said she contacted Alabama and Ole Miss once she found out both schools were recruiting Stringfellow. Ole Miss had recruited Stringfellow in high school; coach Hugh Freeze, she said, was one of two head coaches ? the other being former Washington head coach/current USC head coach Steve Sarkisian ? to meet in her home during Stringfellow's high school career.

?If Damore'ea hadn't been settled initially on going to the University of Washington, he would have been at Ole Miss,? Levine said. Stringfellow has said he would have gone to Nebraska if not Washington. "I like the way Coach (Hugh) Freeze runs his program."

Nevertheless, Levine said she was ?rooting for Alabama? to be Stringfellow's new college home.

?But at the end of the day, it's not about me, it's about his contentment,? she said. ?Ole Miss is what he picked.?

If Stringfellow had wanted to stick with Nebraska, Levine said, he would have gone to Nebraska. Just not without seeing the other two schools first.

Levine said she's unsure if Stringfellow ever heard from coach Bo Pelini after he flipped his commitment. Levine said she hasn't talked to Pelini recently. Her contact with Nebraska in the last several weeks was conducted through Stringfellow's primary recruiter, Husker wide receivers coach Rich Fisher. Unsurprisingly, Levine said Nebraska coaches were not pleased Stringfellow had even chosen to take the visits, much less change his commitment.

Those are the key highlights from the conversation. Is there a lesson for Nebraska? Not clear. Pelini and Co. generally fare well on the mom and dad front. When safety Kieron Williams committed ? one day before Stringfellow did ? Williams told the World-Herald that Pelini called his parents from his office to make sure they were comfortable with Williams' decision. Since Pelini's arrival, there have been multiple stories about him closing the parents as much as the players when he made his in-home visits. It's arguably the part of recruiting he does the best.

In this case, Stringfellow committed so quickly ? and seemed so certain and firm ? that even though it ran counter what Levine told me in late May, I couldn't help but see Stringfellow as in the fold. Nebraska had to feel the same way. Levine said her son committed to Nebraska after a long year at Washington, almost out of fatigue. Perhaps. But in numerous interviews he gave after his commitment, Stringfellow didn't sound fatigued or uncertain.

I wrote in a previous column ? before which I tried and didn't succeed in reaching Levine ? that ?something? changed between Stringfellow's commitment and his decision, two weeks later, to get on a plane and visit Alabama and Ole Miss. It seems that ?something? was a mom's preference that her son to visit more schools before he made a final decision. Considering Stringfellow knew about the potential of that ?something? before he committed to Nebraska, it remains a flip of intent the Huskers couldn't have forecasted. If there is a lesson here, it's almost coincidental ? and indisputably painful.

Nebraska marches on, of course. When recruiting big fish, you win some and lose some, and because football coaches are competitive men ? not uniquely, but feverishly ? the losses put that heartburn right at the center of their chests. That's why coaches can't do this job solely for the love of recruiting. That's why developing the plainer, less beloved fish is so important and often more rewarding. Especially in the Big Ten. Especially in the Midwest. Especially at Nebraska.

http://m.omaha.com/huskers/blogs/a-postscript-on-stringfellow-s-flip/article_6291c530-fc66-11e3-941b-001a4bcf6878.html?mode=jqm

PassInterference
08-02-2014, 01:51 PM
I'm right there with you.... there's a lot of drama queens on that OM "family" now. You have players that push coaches, coaches that yell at fans on twitter, fans that would rather post on a MSU sites than an OM site, etc.

5 star post.

HailState39110
08-02-2014, 02:49 PM
In the past 12 months Ole Miss has managed to piss off Nebraska because they paid more for Stringfellow &piss off Utah by making a kids mom forge an LOC. This doesn't include how pissed off Georgia and Richt were at OM for coming in at the 11th hour and stealing Tunsil away after Georgia had been recruiting him since the 10th grade.

ckDOG
08-02-2014, 02:51 PM
If OM doesn't get busted for Tunsil, they aren't ever getting busted.

Saltydog
08-02-2014, 03:03 PM
example of their gall, arrogance and desperation to win.

starkvegasdawg
08-02-2014, 03:21 PM
If OM doesn't get busted for Tunsil, they aren't ever getting busted.

I think CJ Johnson is the open and shut case on them cheating. He blatantly admitted he was bought and paid for. No investigation is needed. Should be perfect for the NCAA. They don't have to work for anything.

smootness
08-02-2014, 03:29 PM
I've never seen so many parents seemingly take over a kid's recruitment and insist that they visit and consider a school they've had no prior connection with as I have with Ole Miss over the last 2-3 years.

msstate7
08-02-2014, 04:03 PM
I think CJ Johnson is the open and shut case on them cheating. He blatantly admitted he was bought and paid for. No investigation is needed. Should be perfect for the NCAA. They don't have to work for anything.

In state recruit. Tunsil was very high profile recruit that got stole from a high profile program. No one cares when OM-state fight over a recruit...

Saltydog
08-02-2014, 04:26 PM
are the highest priority.

OurState
08-02-2014, 08:09 PM

This is the golden age of cheating.

Everyone is cheating and no one is getting caught.

The NCAA has been castrated TSUN might get sacrificed so it looks like there are rules, but they probably won't.

Complaining about cheating is as logical as complaining about what goes on in a pile....

Schultzy
08-02-2014, 09:56 PM
This is the golden age of cheating.

Everyone is cheating and no one is getting caught.

The NCAA has been castrated TSUN might get sacrificed so it looks like there are rules, but they probably won't.

Complaining about cheating is as logical as complaining about what goes on in a pile....

Yep

Coackjek
08-03-2014, 01:09 AM
Freeze is weird. Any other coach will either say, 'I'm not going to go there' or 'We feel very good about the way we recruit.' Freeze is always saying, 'Let me know if you have something!'

It's just weird.

IMO way too arrogant.

RougeDawg
08-04-2014, 07:48 AM
In state recruit. Tunsil was very high profile recruit that got stole from a high profile program. No one cares when OM-state fight over a recruit...

Correct. To the common outsider this argument over CJ looks like sour grapes. When the same story starts popping up with UGA, OHSt, FlaSt, Aub, Neb, etc, there's no way the NCAA isn't going to dig a little harder and discover what happened. It's the same with Aub/Bama recruiting. Looks like sour grapes to those who dont know what actually took place.