PDA

View Full Version : Sad Day in Braves Country - RIP Professor

BrunswickDawg
08-02-2014, 10:30 AM
For those of who who grew up in the era where the only baseball on TV was either the Braves or the Cubs on a SuperStation, it sad to know that the play-by-play of our youth is now re-united in the great beyond.

I would spend my nights with Ernie Johnson, Skip Caray, and Pete Van Wieren - the absolutely best team of broadcasters for what was one of the most hapless teams. It is a shame that none of them were awarded the Frick Award by the Hall of Fame.

So Professor, know Ernie and Skip are waiting for you with a cold one, and have fun doing play-by-play with them tonight.

shoeless joe
08-02-2014, 10:49 AM
Very sad. I loved listenin to Pete. When I think of summer time in my youth the braves on TBS with skip and Pete are what I think of. Prayers to his family.

msstate7
08-02-2014, 11:43 AM
Very sad. I loved listenin to Pete. When I think of summer time in my youth the braves on TBS with skip and Pete are what I think of. Prayers to his family.

Same here

Saltydog
08-02-2014, 12:31 PM
much Pete studied the game prior to broadcasts. Ben said Pete had a big impact his career. RIP PVW. For those that might not know, Ben is the braves radio guy and he's from Madison.