PDA

View Full Version : Tyson Lee

Bo Darville
08-01-2014, 10:07 AM
Tyson Lee is speaking right now at the Lee County teacher's meeting. Word from my sis-in-law who is there is that he is knocking it out of the park. Excellent ambassador for our university.

PassInterference
08-01-2014, 10:11 AM
Always liked him. He's got it together in his heart and between the ears. Great leader. He played over his head as a QB and gave everything he had on the field.

Thick
08-01-2014, 10:19 AM
A great young man that would have been hell if he would have 4-5 inches taller!

Political Hack
08-01-2014, 10:22 AM
never understood why people complained about him as our QB. All he did was walk on and beat out all of our scholarship QBs to earn the starting job. Didn't even take up a scholarship... just gave, gave, gave.

TheRef
08-01-2014, 10:35 AM
never understood why people complained about him as our QB. All he did was walk on and beat out all of our scholarship QBs to earn the starting job. Didn't even take up a scholarship... just gave, gave, gave.

He's still associated with the school, also. He is currently the FCA director here at MSU. He and Dak are similar in a way. Both were great leaders and ambassadors for the University. The only thing that was holding Tyson back was his height. If he had Dak's height, he could have willed the team to wins.

starkvegasdawg
08-01-2014, 10:38 AM
He just married my wife's cousin here recently. From all accounts he is a terrific guy. Nothing bad to say about him at all.

msu4ever
08-01-2014, 10:38 AM

Neither could I understand that......and still giving and giving.....I am so thankful to know him and his wife as they journey together. Absolutely wonderful couple...just nothing but good things to say about them.
Glad he has this opportunity. Great things in the future for Tyson and the FCA of Mississippi, by the way,

hells bells
08-01-2014, 11:02 AM
Like Lee. Wish he would have pitched the ball to Dixon on the goal line to beat LSU. Dixon could have run to Columbus each time. But, admire the heck out of the man.

notsofarawaydawg
08-01-2014, 01:03 PM
Tyson and my son are the same age. They were on the same soccer teams and all-star baseball teams when growing up. Tyson just didn't become the person he is now, he has always been this same person all his life. Was always a pleasure to have him around and when they did compete against each other in high school he always displayed top not sportsmanship at all times.

Bothrops
08-01-2014, 01:10 PM
He's a great guy. Uncommonly cool.

godlluB
08-01-2014, 01:24 PM
During the Lee/Relf days, I often said that if we had Lee's intelligence and heart in Relf's body, we'd have a hell of a quarterback.

At time time, I just didn't know that you called that combination "Dak Prescott".

Political Hack
08-01-2014, 01:29 PM
During the Lee/Relf days, I often said that if we had Lee's intelligence and heart in Relf's body, we'd have a hell of a quarterback.

At time time, I just didn't know that you called that combination "Dak Prescott".

pretty close. Dak's got way more upside talent than Rekf had though.

Harrydawg
08-01-2014, 01:38 PM
Tyson Lee is as good of a human as this planet has.....
We need him around our young people as much as possible

Reason2succeed
08-01-2014, 04:24 PM
I have nothing bad to say about any of our QBs. They all gave their best.

gravedigger
08-01-2014, 04:45 PM
It was message board cool to run down our program and players and forgetting it was the result of an NCAA witch hunt.

Yea. Our team wasn't good. But our message boards were cess pools.

Todd4State
08-01-2014, 06:04 PM

Speaking for myself here- I was more upset at the situation where we were forced to start a walk-on rather than complaining about Tyson himself. When you say "beat out" you mean Wesley Carroll left and he beat our Relf and Dan was smart enough to not mortgage Tyler's career for a 6-6 season.

But hey! We were awesome at long snapper!

Personally I thought he did great for a walk-on. You can only realistically expect so much.

Todd4State
08-01-2014, 06:06 PM
It was message board cool to run down our program and players and forgetting it was the result of an NCAA witch hunt.

Yea. Our team wasn't good. But our message boards were cess pools.

NCAA with hunt? Croom didn't recruit any QB's that were worth a darn.

Boya
08-01-2014, 06:13 PM
Good dude ...wish he would have pitched the ball to AD vs LSU...

gravedigger
08-01-2014, 08:02 PM
Didn't recruit? Or they didn't want to play for a school in the condition ours was in?

archdog
08-01-2014, 08:38 PM
He just married my wife's cousin here recently. From all accounts he is a terrific guy. Nothing bad to say about him at all.

I ran into him tonight at Mugshots. I played it cool and did not talk to him. It looked like he was enjoying his dinner. Man its great being back in town.

Todd4State
08-01-2014, 11:09 PM
Didn't recruit? Or they didn't want to play for a school in the condition ours was in?

I believe we could have done better than Ty Evans and Tray Rutland. The reason I believe that is because we did at every other position.

Not to mention we were on probation in 2004. And we're talking about the 2009 season. We have FIVE years to get someone. It's not like the penalties weren't known for 4 years by that time. Yeah- our condition was so horrible we were in the Liberty Bowl two years before Dan and were basically a decent HC away from 6-6 in 2008. Not that I am complaining.

The bottom line is it is un-excusable to have a walk-on at QB be basically your only option along with an inner city wishbone QB. There is a reason why Dan takes at least one QB in every class- even if it is Nick Schuessler. That was poor roster management on Croom's part.

PassInterference
08-01-2014, 11:16 PM
I'll never forget when we were on probation down a scholly or two, and Croom left schollies on the table. Proof positive that Sly Croom was worse than probation.

Thanks, Larry!

I am proud that we hired the first black SEC head coach. I just wish he was Tony Dungy.

hells bells
08-01-2014, 11:20 PM
I believe we could have done better than Ty Evans and Tray Rutland. The reason I believe that is because we did at every other position.

Not to mention we were on probation in 2004. And we're talking about the 2009 season. We have FIVE years to get someone. It's not like the penalties weren't known for 4 years by that time. Yeah- our condition was so horrible we were in the Liberty Bowl two years before Dan and were basically a decent HC away from 6-6 in 2008. Not that I am complaining.

The bottom line is it is un-excusable to have a walk-on at QB be basically your only option along with an inner city wishbone QB. There is a reason why Dan takes at least one QB in every class- even if it is Nick Schuessler. That was poor roster management on Croom's part.

I will always consider Tyson a winner on and off the field. He played a no fear style play being undersized and much criticism from a fan base on occasion. He never quit and carried himself like a man along with a smile on his face. Hail State Tyson Lee to you.

Todd4State
08-01-2014, 11:26 PM
I will always consider Tyson a winner on and off the field. He played a no fear style play being undersized and much criticism from a fan base on occasion. He never quit and carried himself like a man along with a smile on his face. Hail State Tyson Lee to you.

I absolutely 100% agree with you.

I'm just pointing out that the situations that he was put in weren't his fault and that most of his critics don't fault him but rather the situation.