PDA

View Full Version : Wasn't news on DNF remodel supposed to hit this summer?

dickiedawg
08-01-2014, 06:43 AM
Or did I imagine that?

Offshore Dawg
08-01-2014, 06:57 AM
I don't think there was a solid time line. I do think they have plans that they are not ready to release to the public at this time. Weather it is re-model or blow up and start from ground level.

engie
08-01-2014, 07:14 AM
You didn't imagine it.

While a hard date has never been set, Stricklin said it many times. To me, it wouldn't be surprising for the unveiling to happen before football season. I also wouldn't be surprised if they pushed it back to homecoming and did it at Dudy Noble during those festivities for maximum participation and anticipation generation trying to raise a bunch of the money basically overnight...

Last I heard, Strick hadn't 100% decided that a full rebuild was going to happen, but he was getting really close to coming to terms with it. Price difference about $10 million between the options, with the full rebuild being about the same price of Carolina Stadium(keeping in mind that they actually had to buy/lease a premium track of land off campus, clear the land, build a field, parking, drainage, etc and we would just be demoing/building a stadium). Also very near the price of the new Alex Box, which was originally slated to be well under $30 million before dealing with Katrina-related price increases which actually made Alex Box cost more than what they got for their money IMO. So, in my mind, for about/slightly under $40mil, Strick can deliver on the promise of giving us the best stadium college baseball has ever seen...

EdDawg
08-01-2014, 08:11 AM
It would be awesome if they show some kind of rough plans on the jumbotron during one of the football games.

Intramural All-American
08-01-2014, 09:47 AM
I heard a rumor the other day about this. I repeat, this is a rumor that I heard, not something I am saying as fact. Someone told me that they heard we will be completely tearing down Dudy Noble and constructing a brand new stadium. This would then cause us to play our home games in Jackson at Trustmark Park for that season while construction was going on on the new stadium. I have no idea if this is true, and I honestly haven't been following the stadium situation closely at all, so if anyone has heard anything remotely similar let me know. Is this even a realistic possibility? They also said that Bama was supposed to be building a new stadium, as well, and would play one of their seasons in Hoover. I have no clue if that is true either.

messageboardsuperhero
08-01-2014, 10:10 AM
You didn't imagine it.

While a hard date has never been set, Stricklin said it many times. To me, it wouldn't be surprising for the unveiling to happen before football season. I also wouldn't be surprised if they pushed it back to homecoming and did it at Dudy Noble during those festivities for maximum participation and anticipation generation trying to raise a bunch of the money basically overnight...

Last I heard, Strick hadn't 100% decided that a full rebuild was going to happen, but he was getting really close to coming to terms with it. Price difference about $10 million between the options, with the full rebuild being about the same price of Carolina Stadium(keeping in mind that they actually had to buy/lease a premium track of land off campus, clear the land, build a field, parking, drainage, etc and we would just be demoing/building a stadium). Also very near the price of the new Alex Box, which was originally slated to be well under $30 million before dealing with Katrina-related price increases which actually made Alex Box cost more than what they got for their money IMO. So, in my mind, for about/slightly under $40mil, Strick can deliver on the promise of giving us the best stadium college baseball has ever seen...

All this is very good to hear, IMO. I had originally thought that it would take about $45 million. At this point, it would almost make more fiscal sense to just tear it down and start over- considering how much more money we'd make off a totally new stadium compared to a renovation. To me, paying off a $40 million stadium with tremendous earning potential is easier than paying off a $30 million renovation with very limited earning potential.

MsStateBaseball
08-01-2014, 10:12 AM
Aren't we getting a lot more money from SEC TV? I saw where each school getting 20-40 per year. This along with contributions should pay for it.

engie
08-01-2014, 10:42 AM
Aren't we getting a lot more money from SEC TV? I saw where each school getting 20-40 per year. This along with contributions should pay for it.

People that know scoff at the idea that money will be a defining factor either way. Apparently, anything and everything we need is just a few phone calls away on Dudy Noble...

Yes, the SECNetwork is going to bring a ton of money, but you've got to have a balance about how you use it. Plus, I wouldn't be surprised if the conference has a couple of things coming to put a portion of it to use(men's soccer -- for instance)...

Bully13
08-01-2014, 10:50 AM
I don't like the idea of having our team travel 2 hours for home games for a year. but I guess there may be no choice.