PDA

View Full Version : holy shit we hired a legit video guy

PassInterference
07-31-2014, 04:40 PM
Derek Cody!!! aka TheGuyBehindTheGuy

He made homemade ESPN-quality MSU videos when he worked in Columbus. So good, ESPN had the stuff pulled.

Good he works for us now.

MSUDawg4Life
07-31-2014, 04:52 PM
It's about damn time.

engie
07-31-2014, 04:57 PM
He's one of a bunch... 15-20 I believe...

Our production quality will be through the roof from now on across all sports. It's one of the necessary parts of the SECNetwork and all of the small sports being put online. The whole country will have the ability to see this stuff -- it's all got to be first class.

Political Hack
07-31-2014, 05:21 PM
He's one of a bunch... 15-20 I believe...

Our production quality will be through the roof from now on across all sports. It's one of the necessary parts of the SECNetwork and all of the small sports being put online. The whole country will have the ability to see this stuff -- it's all got to be first class.

that's the biggest benefit to this IMO. The money is great also but it doesn't separate us from others in conference.

mstatefan91
07-31-2014, 05:24 PM
I would love it if they could put together a vid of training camp. Just some of the stuff the guys have to go through. The vines are nice but a legit video would be awesome.

BiscuitEater
07-31-2014, 05:33 PM
It's about damn time.

Bodes well .... Really liked his stuff posted on Sixpack!

Original48
07-31-2014, 05:41 PM
Bodes well .... Really liked his stuff posted on Sixpack!
Agree. And I hope we copy what ole miss does with The Season or something similar. That is really well done. The coach's shows have really gotten prehistoric. However, this one is GLORIOUS...particularly the first 1:30...
http://youtu.be/0QrGSzsnJHk

Dawg61
07-31-2014, 06:12 PM
Awesome!! Congrats to Cody

Todd4State
08-01-2014, 01:31 AM
Agree. And I hope we copy what ole miss does with The Season or something similar. That is really well done. The coach's shows have really gotten prehistoric. However, this one is GLORIOUS...particularly the first 1:30...
http://youtu.be/0QrGSzsnJHk

The commercials are also equally GLORIOUS in that video.

You are correct that coach's shows are prehistoric. Typically it's the team announcer and the head football coach who looks like he would rather have ingrown toe nails pulled than be there.

Dawg Tired
08-01-2014, 08:07 AM
Didn't Derek work at EMCC? Sounds like he was a sign and place.

Original48
08-01-2014, 08:45 AM
Actually it was more of a Polk move. Derek was posting awesome videos all over sixpack and people were fawning all over them. But we decided to go with the creator of the Physics of Football.

TheRef
08-01-2014, 09:19 AM

Derek has worked for EMCC and WCBI.

thedawginme
08-01-2014, 09:20 AM
Derek Cody!!! aka TheGuyBehindTheGuy

He made homemade ESPN-quality MSU videos when he worked in Columbus. So good, ESPN had the stuff pulled.

Good he works for us now.

Did he make other things besides football "highlight" videos put to music? There's a big difference in assembling a collage of big plays versus developing documentary style videos, etc. Maybe that is what he did in another previous job?

I'm not trying to take a shot at the guy, just wondering if the breath of his experience justifies the idolizing he seems to get on this site and the other.

TheRef
08-01-2014, 09:26 AM
Did he make other things besides football "highlight" videos put to music? There's a big difference in assembling a collage of big plays versus developing documentary style videos, etc. Maybe that is what he did in another previous job?

I'm not trying to take a shot at the guy, just wondering if the breath of his experience justifies the idolizing he seems to get on this site and the other.

He did a whole tv series following the EMCC Football program called "Inside the PR1DE"

Here is the Season 2 Finale

http://emccathletics.com/video/itp/index?active=/sports/fball/2013-14/videos/20131216-z7sfyve9

TheRef
08-01-2014, 10:58 AM
Apparently, they're not done with the hirings either. Latest tweet from Niblett

Kyle Niblett
@KyleNiblett
Pumped to have @drewwalker35 and "Anti-Sonics" @derekcody on our video staff! More help on the way too! Fans deserve top notch production.

10:55am ? 1 Aug 2014 ? TweetDeck