PDA

View Full Version : LSU game

EdDawg
07-31-2014, 11:10 AM
I know most everyone is on the fence or at least expecting a close game with LSU. What I am wanting to know is what would your thoughts be if we were plaing them at DWS?

I watched most the the replay last night and we were playing amazing in that game. Most of LSU's big pass plays were literally inches away from being broken up all night. I'll give credit to beckham because he made those plays but that performance would have to be hard to repeat for them with new receivers and QB. Our DBs were all over those receivers and I believe our defensive backfield has improved a good bit since then.

FISHDAWG
07-31-2014, 11:13 AM
I think it will be close through 3 qtrs ... just like it has been for the last several years ... 4th qtr start = LSU turbo ignition

EdDawg
07-31-2014, 11:25 AM
It has seem to go that way the past few years, but I believe last year was due to the special teams failing to put points on the board and the defense ( who was pretty young) lost confidence. Similar to the adage if you are down by 15 late in the game go for two to tie instead of going for 2 to be down by 7. By putting off the 2 points it still gives your team hope whereas if you went for it early and failed hope would fade quick

engie
07-31-2014, 11:41 AM
I think it will be close through 3 qtrs ... just like it has been for the last several years ... 4th qtr start = LSU turbo ignition

We are much deeper now than we were at this point last year.

2009 - Need to rehash? That game is one of 3-4 of the Mullen era that still piss me off.
2010 - We go down there, Relf gets a concussion, Russell has to play before he's truly ready, and we put on an INT parade. The defense still keeps it pretty close.
2011 - Best game played against them all year. We had lost Carmon and Saulsberry in the Auburn game. We lost Tobias Smith for the season early in this one.
2012 - Russell throws a goal line pick 6 that would have gotten us to within 6. After Milton basically fumbled the game away for us. Instead, it's a 14 point swing of momentum.
2013 - Down 2 at the start of the 4th and the wheels come off. That happened alot last year. Perhaps has something to do with our change in offseason training philosophy...

codeDawg
07-31-2014, 11:43 AM
We win in Red Stick this year. Book it.

TrapGame
07-31-2014, 11:46 AM
I do believe Mullen changed out S&S coaches because of the LSU game's horrid 4th quarter implosion...please, correct me if I'm wrong. I don't see the wheels falling off in RB this year. This will be Mullen's "big win" until the AU game.

jumbo
07-31-2014, 01:07 PM
If it was at home I would call for the upset.

Political Hack
07-31-2014, 01:38 PM
I'll never predict a win against them again until it actually happens. if it's going to happen this decade, this is the year to do it. I do think we knock of Auburn though.

LC Dawg
07-31-2014, 01:46 PM
Some people say LSU may be a little down this year because of who they lost. In the last five years LSU has averaged over 10 wins a season so a down year could be a 9 or 8 win season. An 8 win LSU team in Baton Rouge is still a pretty damn good team. If we beat them this year it's going to be because we're good, not because they are not good. And for the record I think we will win in Baton Rouge.

preachermatt83
07-31-2014, 02:39 PM
We win in a close one.. #11-1

u bunch of ....

http://foodbitch.me/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/Screen-Shot-2012-09-05-at-2.02.25-PM.png