PDA

View Full Version : Excellent read on Hughes coming back and team expectations

starkvegasdawg
07-31-2014, 10:20 AM
http://espn.go.com/blog/sec/post/_/id/85817/hughes-return-a-huge-lift-for-miss-state

DapperDawg
07-31-2014, 10:33 AM
Didn't he tear his Achilles, not ACL?

starkvegasdawg
07-31-2014, 10:57 AM
I thought it was the achilles too. The article even said he grabbed his ankle. Odd place to grab for a knee injury.

engie
07-31-2014, 11:05 AM
Yes, it was an achilles...

I hope he's 100% from day 1 -- but I'm certainly not expecting it. Glad Market stepped up in his absence and will be there to compete for that spot...

War Machine Dawg
07-31-2014, 11:52 AM
I'd be shocked if Hughes is ever 100% of what he was. Achilles injuries are just one of those injuries medicine still hasn't found a way to repair easily. Hard to get proper blood flow in the extremities for them to heal properly, according to my doctor buddy.

Pollodawg
07-31-2014, 11:59 AM
"Let's go. Let's work." Get it, boys. Great to have Jay back.

hacker
07-31-2014, 12:42 PM
I'd be shocked if Hughes is ever 100% of what he was. Achilles injuries are just one of those injuries medicine still hasn't found a way to repair easily. Hard to get proper blood flow in the extremities for them to heal properly, according to my doctor buddy.

Would you say it was his Achilles heel then? And why won't his Achilles heal?

sorry.

LC Dawg
07-31-2014, 01:53 PM
It's great to have Jay back. It was hard to watch him and his dad on the sidelines after the injury. Jay seemed devastated and you could tell Tony was real broken up about it.

maroonmania
07-31-2014, 04:52 PM

Yep, even with all the goods things Nickoe did his last 2 years I don't really think he was ever back to 100% of what he was before the achilles injury.

engie
07-31-2014, 04:55 PM
Yep, even with all the goods things Nickoe did his last 2 years I don't really think he was ever back to 100% of what he was before the achilles injury.

That's hard to really know since he tore his ACL in the first game last year. He certainly wasn't "back" in 2012 though....

smootness
07-31-2014, 08:01 PM

It just depends. Guys like Dominique Wilkins and Terrell Suggs have come back pretty quickly without any drop-off.