PDA

View Full Version : Jameis Winston: Role Model

starkvegasdawg
07-31-2014, 08:09 AM
I just saw that back in 2012 he and a teammate were detained by police for shooting at squirrels with a bb gun. They were released a couple hours later but the bb gun was confiscated. Then the below happened just a few hours later that same day.

According to the USA Today report, hours after Winston and Casher were confronted by police, they were involved in a BB gun "battle" at the apartment complex the quarterback was living in at the time. The two players were investigated later in the week for the damage, which cost $4,200, but apartment manager Dave Sudekum later said he did not want to pursue charges.

So let's see:
- shoots up an apartment complex with a bb gun causing thousands of dollars in damage - no charges filed
- accused of rape - charges dropped due to supposed lack of evidence
- caught shop lifting - slap on the wrist fine

Three run ins with the law (that we know about) and no consequences what so ever. And we wonder why elite athletes think they can get away with anything. It's because they can.

dickiedawg
07-31-2014, 08:13 AM
More like Parole Model amirite?

Political Hack
07-31-2014, 08:18 AM
Heisman.

BeastMan
07-31-2014, 08:21 AM
I actually wrote about this a while back:

"A Classic Case of a Coddled Athlete" http://3rdand57.com/jameis-winston-the-classic-case-of-coddled-athlete/

I will never understand while Winston gets a media pass and Manziel gets crucified regularly.

turkish
07-31-2014, 08:33 AM
I will never understand while Winston gets a media pass and Manziel gets crucified regularly.
True

starkvegasdawg
07-31-2014, 08:44 AM

Yes you do. We all do. One is a white spoiled rich kid that has an ego the size of TX and openly flaunts his status as elite and better than the average person. It's easy to dislike him (and I do). Also there is no fear of being branded a racist by jumping all over him.

While Winston has shown he is nothing but a thug, he has not shown the in your face 17 you I'll do what I want ego that JFF has - even though what he has done is much worse.

Winston just knows how to play the public relations game better. JFF doesn't care.

cbrunt29
07-31-2014, 08:53 AM
I dislike em both

BeastMan
07-31-2014, 09:04 AM
I couldn't disagree more with your last statement that Winston knows how to play the media. Give my article a quick once over. Winston has deflected every bit of responsibility for his actions. His father went as far as to blame the university for Winston's troubles. It's unbelievable how pathetic they've handled everything and he's been enabled by everyone. He is exactly the kind if athlete you shouldn't like.'

I understand that Manziel isn't humble and some folks don't like that but he has never done anything wrong. All he's done is produce on a team with no defense and have a social life.

Yet, the media gives 1 guy a pass and pounces on the other. I don't get it.

starkvegasdawg
07-31-2014, 09:15 AM
Deflecting the blame is how he is playing the media. I didn't mean he was trying to win Mr. Congeniality at the press conference. He knows that if the media comes after him hard all he has to do is sit back and play the race card. The media knows that which is why they won't pursue it with the fervor they do a Manziel. He just sits back and paints himself as the victim and has others doing the same.

I'm not saying JFF has done anything wrong...certainly not anything illegal. It's just human nature, though, to want to see the person perceived to be better off in life than you that knows they are better off and rubs your face in the fact that they are better off and not have one shred of humility to be taken down a notch or two. There's nothing likable about JFF personally. And while I don't want to turn this into a racial thread to get it locked, the fact that he is white just makes him fair game. Nobody is going to jump to his defense. As an example of this being played out in the past: Ben Roethlisberger gets accused of sexual assault - nobody comes to his defense. He is labelled a complete douchebag that deserves what he gets. Mike Vick gets caught for dog fighting and animal cruelty - there were some that tried to come to his defense and explain away what he was doing and how dare Vick be attacked this way.

BeastMan
07-31-2014, 09:19 AM
I follow you now

Chinchilla
07-31-2014, 09:39 AM
I couldn't disagree more with your last statement that Winston knows how to play the media. Give my article a quick once over. Winston has deflected every bit of responsibility for his actions. His father went as far as to blame the university for Winston's troubles. It's unbelievable how pathetic they've handled everything and he's been enabled by everyone. He is exactly the kind if athlete you shouldn't like.'

I understand that Manziel isn't humble and some folks don't like that but he has never done anything wrong. All he's done is produce on a team with no defense and have a social life.

Yet, the media gives 1 guy a pass and pounces on the other. I don't get it.

I think part of the reason is that there are JFF fans. If you're hosting a talk radio show, and you rip Manziel, you're going to get plenty of people tweeting/calling/etc. to defend him. Doesn't everyone outside of Tallahassee pretty much agree that Jameis is a piece of shit? There's not much of a fun "debate" to be had about Jameis.

I guess I'm saying part of the reason JFF gets ripped on more is precisely because his transgressions aren't that serious. No one wants to constantly talk about dropped rape charges.

Also, the negative Jameis buzz will definitely pick up once he's in the NFL. Manziel's has gone to a new level this summer, which I wouldn't have thought possible.

Dawg61
07-31-2014, 10:04 AM
If you stop watching ESPN during the day JFF and his greasy face won't bother y'all as much. If you watch ESPN any other time besides a live game you're being controlled like a puppet.

hells bells
07-31-2014, 02:13 PM
True

Tim Tebow has been treated the worst for being a Christian and all around good man by the sports media as well as several scum bags in the NFL. Winston and Manzel are propped up like hero's. Shameful.