PDA

View Full Version : Braves

msstate7
07-31-2014, 12:57 AM
If the braves wanna win the east, they need to cut Schafer. Cunningham is a better option. Jordan just can't get picked off in that situation. His only value is baserunning and he blew that.

I also cannot believe we traded a prospect for doumit. I'd rather have Joey terdoslavich.

The nonexistent bench is killing us. We have to upgrade ASAP.

/rant

cbrunt29
07-31-2014, 07:03 AM
And I just don't understand why Fredi G keeps playing Doumit. I understand he's a switch hitter and the matchup is there but he continues to suck and Fredi continues to keep playing him.

On another note, the LA Dodgers are absolutely stacked. Rumor is that they're gonna get Lester from the Red Sox, so that means they'll have Kershaw, Ryu, Grienke, Lester, and Becket. That team's winning it all this year.

starkvegasdawg
07-31-2014, 07:12 AM
I just saw we are paying BJ over $14,000,000. Add in the $19,000,000 we're paying Uggla to sit on the couch and watch Simpsons reruns that is a lot of cash being pissed into the wind. Could do a lot with $33,000,000.

Ever since Ted Turner sold the team they have not been fun to watch any more. He at least did everything in his power to field a winning team and didn't mind spending the $$$.

cbrunt29
07-31-2014, 09:14 AM
And I just don't understand why Fredi G keeps playing Doumit. I understand he's a switch hitter and the matchup is there but he continues to suck and Fredi continues to keep playing him.

On another note, the LA Dodgers are absolutely stacked. Rumor is that they're gonna get Lester from the Red Sox, so that means they'll have Kershaw, Ryu, Grienke, Lester, and Becket. That team's winning it all this year.

Nevermind about Lester. He went to the A's

msstate7
07-31-2014, 09:18 AM
I'd like to see us get tommy milone. Wonder what the a's would want

War Machine Dawg
07-31-2014, 09:49 AM
I'd like to see us get tommy milone. Wonder what the a's would want

We don't need a starter, we need a lefty bullpen arm & bench bat. I WANT Andrew Miller. Hopefully that deal gets done by the deadline today. As for a bench bat, don't really care who it is.

trob115
07-31-2014, 10:54 AM
The braves are in a bad situation. They needed to cut uggla 3 months before it actually happened. We have basically been playing with 23 players all season( uggla and Schaefer) , 22 if you don't count BJ. Cunningham should be on the roster now. The brave front office and fredi need to get their stuff together. I don't see us making the postseason this year and we don't need to give away any top prospects for a bullpen guy in Miller. I would have liked to see the braves get Milone from the A's because we are in need of a starter with all the injury unknowns and the way minor and harang are pitching. Basically I say all of that to say we suck.

starkvegasdawg
07-31-2014, 11:01 AM
The braves are in a bad situation. They needed to cut uggla 3 months before it actually happened. We have basically been playing with 23 players all season( uggla and Schaefer) , 22 if you don't count BJ. Cunningham should be on the roster now. The brave front office and fredi need to get their stuff together. I don't see us making the postseason this year and we don't need to give away any top prospects for a bullpen guy in Miller. I would have liked to see the braves get Milone from the A's because we are in need of a starter with all the injury unknowns and the way minor and harang are pitching. Basically I say all of that to say we suck.

http://one4theotherthumb.com/images/stories/majorleague.jpg