PDA

View Full Version : Maybe Im old-skool.....

Leroy Jenkins
07-30-2014, 06:08 PM
But I dont much care for the "White-outs" and "Maroon-outs". If its pulled off successfully I suppose its OK. But.....

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bt07_kMIAAEgoGT.jpg

DudyDawg
07-30-2014, 06:10 PM
I like it. I like it more when it matches our uniform. I think we look stupid with 65k white polos cheering for the team not wearing white.

Also, looking at that, man we don't really have a big game (or big name) other than Auburn at home, which sucks. Most of us don't expect A&M to much of anything.

preachermatt83
07-30-2014, 06:13 PM
aTm will not be a pushover... trust me.

DudyDawg
07-30-2014, 06:15 PM
aTm will not be a pushover... trust me.

Wasn't really trying to say that, but most of us don't expect 10 wins. And a worse team without the biggest attraction in college football makes it much less interesting to the average fan.

drummerdawg
07-30-2014, 06:20 PM
I don't mind a white out every now and then. I just don't care for getting different sections to wear different colors, that's a little much imo.

Original48
07-30-2014, 06:22 PM
I'm ill equipped to post photos...but the Penn St whiteouts look pretty awesome.

TheRef
07-30-2014, 06:35 PM
I'm ill equipped to post photos...but the Penn St whiteouts look pretty awesome.

http://www.keithhirsch.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/penn_state_whiteout_5_400.jpg

preachermatt83
07-30-2014, 06:36 PM

yea with everyone waving white towels and pom poms... looks awesome.

http://www.sportspowerweekends.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/penn-state-whiteout.jpg

preachermatt83
07-30-2014, 06:37 PM
the difference is that they give every single person that comes in the stadium a tshirt and requires they put it on..

Political Hack
07-30-2014, 06:39 PM
if they would actually put pompoms or towels in the seats rather than saving that .36 cents it would look awesome.

ShotgunDawg
07-30-2014, 07:14 PM
But I dont much care for the "White-outs" and "Maroon-outs". If its pulled off successfully I suppose its OK. But.....

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bt07_kMIAAEgoGT.jpg

Just a thought here: With our football graphics, I wish they would start pointing them the other direction towards the new end of the stadium. I realize we haven't played a game in the new stadium yet, and therefore have no pictures, but, as soon as we play a game and have pictures of our stadium facing the North endzone, I hope they change all the graphics.

Leroy Jenkins
07-30-2014, 07:23 PM
Just a thought here: With our football graphics, I wish they would start pointing them the other direction towards the new end of the stadium. I realize we haven't played a game in the new stadium yet, and therefore have no pictures, but, as soon as we play a game and have pictures of our stadium facing the North endzone, I hope they change all the graphics.

As trivial as reversing the photo sounds, I have had the same thought.

Dawgcentral
07-30-2014, 07:45 PM
I'll probably wear white at day games when it's hot, and maroon on cool days and nights. Maybe they can arrange the clothing instructions to coincide with the weather.

War Machine Dawg
07-30-2014, 08:00 PM
I love the True Maroon & White Out instructions, but I gotta agree with drummer that asking different sections to wear different colors is overkill. One or the other, dammit. Our fans are bad enough without trying to give them extra instructions. Although I must admit, we've done a lot better about the majority wearing either maroon or white for games now instead of whatever they throw on that morning.

BulldogBear
07-30-2014, 09:15 PM
I think we should have a white out every time LSU comes to Starkville and also white jerseys and trousers with maroon helmets. Make LSU wear purple. Every time.

War Machine Dawg
07-30-2014, 10:28 PM
I think we should have a white out every time LSU comes to Starkville and also white jerseys and trousers with maroon helmets. Make LSU wear purple. Every time.

Totally agree. I know Todd will chime in and say that's stupid, he hates it, etc. But if those assholes hate wearing purple and it gets in their head even in the slightest, I'm all for it. We need every advantage, psychological and otherwise, we can get against those bastard Corndogs.

jumbo
07-31-2014, 08:44 AM
it works when everyone plays along, like Penn St.

Chinchilla
07-31-2014, 08:49 AM
if they would actually put pompoms or towels in the seats rather than saving that .36 cents it would look awesome.

Please no towels.

Chinchilla
07-31-2014, 08:51 AM
I'll probably wear white at day games when it's hot, and maroon on cool days and nights. Maybe they can arrange the clothing instructions to coincide with the weather.

I've never understood the failure to do that. Looking at this year's, why are we asking the poor bastards in the fully exposed upper deck to wear maroon in September and to a lesser degree October, then asking them to wear white in November?