PDA

View Full Version : Per MLBtraderumors.com- Renfroe could be the 6th pick of the draft

Todd4State
05-18-2013, 11:55 PM
John Sickels' latest mock draft for MinorLeagueBall.com still has Appel going to the Astros, with Gray going at No. 2 to the Cubs, noting that Appel and Gray are by far the best pitchers available. Sickels' first real outside-the-box prediction is Mississippi State outfielder Hunter Renfroe heading to Miami at No. 6 -- Renfroe's stock has been rising, and Sickels guesses he might appeal to the cost-conscious Marlins.

msstate7
05-19-2013, 12:09 AM
We're not keeping him so I hope he goes high as possible. I would love for him to get on a rampage starting tues and ending in the cws. Hopefully they would be enough to lock him in the top 10.

Todd4State
05-19-2013, 12:42 AM
Well, to be clear this is the only mock draft that I have seen that has him going this high. Most mock drafts I have seen have him going at 17 to the White Sox.

Chris and Hunter coming to MSU and increasing their draft stock immensely is great for recruiting. Chris wasn't drafted out of high school and had struggles his first two years, but under Butch we developed him. Hunter was drafted by the Red Sox in the 31st round and gradually has developed into a potential first round pick. Also, Adam Frazier making Team USA was big for us too.

This is how you attract Vandy type pitching talent and elite power hitters to your program and actually get them into school.

The fact is, we are getting good pub on a well known site- mlbtraderumors.com- and that is awesome.

bobcat91
05-19-2013, 01:07 AM
The Marlins are the worst franchise in the majors along with Houston. Neither have any desire to compete and I'd hate to see Hunter go there.

Will James
05-19-2013, 08:58 AM
The Marlins are the worst franchise in the majors along with Houston. Neither have any desire to compete and I'd hate to see Hunter go there.

Miami, yes they have been. Houston actually is undergoing a huge rebuild but they have a plan in place to be successful a few years down the road. Houston wants to win. Miami wants to make a buck.

Todd4State
05-19-2013, 12:18 PM

Houston is trying to turn it around. They have a new GM that has been there only two years named Jeff Lunhow. He came from the Cardinals and was one of the keys to rebuilding their farm system from one of the worst in baseball to one of the best. I was sad to see him go as a Cardinals fan.

And just this week they hired Nolan Ryan's son as President. He will be good for them as well.

Their manager isn't very good- he caused a game to be protested because he didn't know the pitcher/pinch hitter rules (and neither did the four dumbass umpires who then got suspended). But he's just a place holder for now.

Todd4State
05-19-2013, 12:25 PM
Miami, yes they have been. Houston actually is undergoing a huge rebuild but they have a plan in place to be successful a few years down the road. Houston wants to win. Miami wants to make a buck.

Miami- I don't understand them. They need a new owner. And preferably one that understands that the Latino market there can't afford 50 dollar tickets to watch them play.

Seriously- I'd sell tickets for about 5 bucks and market the hell out of the Cuban community there, and I would probably do better than they are doing right now from a profit standpoint.