PDA

View Full Version : New roster released....

Leroy Jenkins
07-30-2014, 05:26 PM
Check out number 85... Didnt see that coming.

ETA: They just changed Dixon's weight from 240 to 210, thats more believable.

http://www.hailstate.com/fls/16800/pdf/fb/fb_roster_14fallcamp.pdf

DudyDawg
07-30-2014, 05:28 PM
Saw that as well. Apparently he will work out with the TEs and at 250 I can see why. Any chance he plays there or at LB next year (would imagine he's a ST guy at most this season bc of Malcolm).

DistrictDawg92
07-30-2014, 05:37 PM
With Dixon's speed, if he can gain about 10-15 more pounds of muscle, HELLO ARTIMAS SAMUEL JR., my how quickly your son has grown up Artimas Sr., and pretty weird how he is older than you, but now we understand why you have left the team, you were having a son. Congrats Artimas Sr., and thank you for your contibution and your son's future contribution to the Dawgs. Kids are growing so fast these days, unbelievable.

ETA: what an odd name Artimas is, only natural to keep it in the family.

Dawg61
07-30-2014, 05:38 PM
Bear Wilson might be the tallest #1 in the history of MSU. Will Redmond being a JR already is a fu@king CRIME!! That shit pisses me off

Esmerelda Villalobos
07-30-2014, 05:41 PM
BJ Hammond is huge. Gus Walley is big too! So is Fitz

EAVdog
07-30-2014, 05:42 PM
Gerri Green is a huge LB for a true Freshman.

preachermatt83
07-30-2014, 05:44 PM
BJ Hammond is huge. Gus Walley is big too! So is Fitz

I had no idea BJ Hammond was that big.. Seems like he ran like a 4.4 coming out of HS too.

Esmerelda Villalobos
07-30-2014, 05:45 PM
Gerri Green is going to be our next all american and probably the best LB to ever come to state. The staff is super pumped about him. That dude is a hoss. He will end up being the #1 backer in that class in 3 years. Just watch.

BhamDawg
07-30-2014, 05:46 PM
I'm just happy to see PK #37 is listed on this sheet.

TheRef
07-30-2014, 05:47 PM
Gerri Green is going to be our next all american and probably the best LB to ever come to state. The staff is super pumped about him. That dude is a hoss. He will end up being the #1 backer in that class in 3 years. Just watch.

The fact that he is as big as he is AFTER an ACL injury and surgery is a good sign for me.

DudyDawg
07-30-2014, 05:50 PM
So, is Gerri "hard G" Green going to plug the hole McKinney is leaving us? It certainly seems like he's the heir apparent in the LB role for us. Hope he gets some time on special teams and as a sub as well, kinda like Richie Brown did.

preachermatt83
07-30-2014, 05:50 PM
preston smith has gained 55 pounds since his freshman year.

MSUDawg4Life
07-30-2014, 05:51 PM
Things I noticed:

1. Deshon Cooper is on the roster. Glad to see that.
2. JJ McGrath is listed as a sophomore. Why wouldn't he be a redshirt freshman?
3. Aeris Williams and Dontavian Lee both have good size. 215 and 220 pounds as freshmen.

preachermatt83
07-30-2014, 05:51 PM

I agree 100 percent

DudyDawg
07-30-2014, 05:52 PM
Also, that 230 next to Dak is an insult to his size and power. He looks and plays much bigger than that

TheRef
07-30-2014, 05:53 PM
Also, that 230 next to Dak is an insult to his size and power. He looks and plays much bigger than that

Shhhhh...don't tell the opposing teams!

preachermatt83
07-30-2014, 05:54 PM
Nick James has lost 20 lbs

DudyDawg
07-30-2014, 05:54 PM
Shhhhh...don't tell the opposing teams!

Oh. My bad. I mean. 230??? More like 215!!!! AMIRITE!!!!????

Homedawg
07-30-2014, 05:58 PM
Nick James has lost 20 lbs

I saw nick 3 days ago if he weighs 325 he lost some since then. Either way he did look like he was more fit.

preachermatt83
07-30-2014, 06:00 PM
Cory Thomas is a large man as well.

DistrictDawg92
07-30-2014, 06:01 PM
So, is Gerri "hard G" Green going to plug the hole McKinney is leaving us? It certainly seems like he's the heir apparent in the LB role for us. Hope he gets some time on special teams and as a sub as well, kinda like Richie Brown did.

Recruiting web sites should have pronunciations next to their names on their profiles. It will surely take me a while to train my brain to say Gary instead of Jerry. Dennis Thames will always be Dennis to me, Deny Us, so goofy.

However, I believe Richie will fill in the hole left by Mckinney's departure and you will see Gary wreak havoc in the same OLB position that KJ played. But our front seven rotates and switches positions so often that I don't really believe Gary will have just one position but a primary position of OLB but also play every LB position out there and maybeeeee even occasionally step up to the line and put his hand down for different looks.

Esmerelda Villalobos
07-30-2014, 06:30 PM

I think dez plugs that hole

TheRef
07-30-2014, 06:40 PM
My thoughts on the roster: http://maroonandwhitenation.com/2014/07/30/mississippi-state-football-roster-thoughts-observations/

PassInterference
07-30-2014, 06:50 PM
What kind of 250 pounds is Dixon? I didn't see that coming at all. So like pro baseball player 250 or TE 250?

PassInterference
07-30-2014, 06:53 PM
Bear Wilson might be the tallest #1 in the history of MSU. Will Redmond being a JR already is a fu@king CRIME!! That shit pisses me off

Oneal Wilder was 6'5".

defiantdog
07-30-2014, 06:58 PM
Green will be an OLB all damn day. Before his injury, he clocked a 4.37 forty. He's too fast to move inside.... you have to utilize his speed. And at 6-4 240lbs, he's going to be a force.

shrimp
07-30-2014, 07:14 PM
Saw that as well. Apparently he will work out with the TEs and at 250 I can see why. Any chance he plays there or at LB next year (would imagine he's a ST guy at most this season bc of Malcolm).

Roster says he weighs 210, right?

DudyDawg
07-30-2014, 07:21 PM
Roster says he weighs 210, right?

Rashun? 250. That's who I was talking about

ETA: I'm an idiot. Yes, 210. I've been misreading that the whole time

ETA #2: that roster says 210, but Bob says 250, so I guess I don't really know. I'm out of it right now I suppose. Here's Carskadon's article

http://hailstatebeat.wordpress.com/2014/07/30/105-man-football-roster-released-new-players-and-weights-the-highlights/

engie
07-30-2014, 07:25 PM
Rashun? 250. That's who I was talking about

ETA: I'm an idiot. Yes, 210. I've been misreading that the whole time

They initially had him at 250 and changed it.... I saw that too and knew it was a misprint...

DudyDawg
07-30-2014, 07:30 PM
http://hailstatebeat.wordpress.com/2014/07/30/105-man-football-roster-released-new-players-and-weights-the-highlights/ see if the link works now

preachermatt83
07-30-2014, 08:33 PM
Recruiting web sites should have pronunciations next to their names on their profiles. It will surely take me a while to train my brain to say Gary instead of Jerry. Dennis Thames will always be Dennis to me, Deny Us, so goofy.

However, I believe Richie will fill in the hole left by Mckinney's departure and you will see Gary wreak havoc in the same OLB position that KJ played. But our front seven rotates and switches positions so often that I don't really believe Gary will have just one position but a primary position of OLB but also play every LB position out there and maybeeeee even occasionally step up to the line and put his hand down for different looks.

The media guide does..

here ya go..

http://issuu.com/hailstate/docs/fb_14mg?e=6379729/8608129

page 5

CadaverDawg
07-30-2014, 08:59 PM
18 Seniors isn't too bad. Most of them are valuable Seniors, except for Robinson and Muniz. And then of course, we'll lose McKinney

Compared to 13 Seniors last year though, which included several non contributors like Holley, Tobias Smith, Corvell Harrison, Rashun mcCaleb, etc. so when you look at the difference in number of Seniors, plus the quality of these Seniors, we are going to need some youngsters to really step up this year to avoid a drop off next season.

Wells
BMac
Cox
Hughes
Smith
Eulls
Clausell
Day
Beckwith
RoJo
MoJo
Etc

thedawg
07-30-2014, 10:21 PM
Our linebackers are so loaded we will lose a first round pick and another bad ass and still have a really good player as a backup and Jamal Peters probably redshirting... I mean u return brown, brown, Harris, green, and Jackson... I also really believe there's a good chance that someone between Lee shump and Aeries goes to linebacker... Ridiculous deep

preachermatt83
07-30-2014, 10:29 PM
Our linebackers are so loaded we will lose a first round pick and another bad ass and still have a really good player as a backup and Jamal Peters probably redshirting... I mean u return brown, brown, Harris, green, and Jackson... I also really believe there's a good chance that someone between Lee shump and Aeries goes to linebacker... Ridiculous deep

It aint gonna be Aeries.. You can mark that down.. He will be drafted out of MSU as a RB. I don't think some of you guys have seen this kid play very much.. He is amazing. Lance Pogue said he was "hands down" the greatest RB he has ever seen at the HS level.

thedawg
07-30-2014, 10:33 PM
It aint gonna be Aeries.. You can mark that down.. He will be drafted out of MSU as a RB. I don't think some of you guys have seen this kid play very much.. He is amazing. Lance Pogue said he was "hands down" the greatest RB he has ever seen at the HS level.

I have seen him a ton and actually know him personally.... If it were me I would have sent Shumpert to defense in the spring but now that they havent it probably wont be him either.. Im not sure Lee is athletic enough to get on the field at either spot

DudyDawg
07-30-2014, 10:37 PM
No way it's Shump or Aeris. Only one may be Lee just because he's the odd man out

War Machine Dawg
07-30-2014, 10:37 PM

I wouldn't exactly call that a ringing endorsement. Pogue does wayyyyy less with more at SP. He's Sly Croom with a Nick Saban team. Not to mention just a generally shitty person.

DudyDawg
07-30-2014, 10:38 PM
I wouldn't exactly call that a ringing endorsement. Pogue does wayyyyy less with more at SP. He's Sly Croom with a Nick Saban team. Not to mention just a generally shitty person.

Don't think the point was that he's a good guy, just that he's seen a ton of talented runners. But it's clear you don't like him ha

thedawg
07-30-2014, 10:45 PM
I hear what every one is saying about not moving Shump or Aeries but lets look at it.... We have Josh Robinson for two more years.. So in two seasons you will have those three plus four freshmen... at least one of those four freshmen will be a big time player... Last year Perkins got 80% of the carries and Robinson got probably 15% and outside of Alcorn Shump got a carry or two a game...I expect this year at best to go Robinson 70% Griffen 15% and Shump 15% thats if you redshirt Aeries... which he probably wont as hes as talented as all those guys...Then you throw in Lee who will redshirt... any way you cut it there is a log jam and at least one guy needs to go to defense

War Machine Dawg
07-30-2014, 10:46 PM
Don't think the point was that he's a good guy, just that he's seen a ton of talented runners. But it's clear you don't like him ha

He's a shitty coach who's ruined players' careers. If he was half the coach he thinks he is, some college would've snatched him up by now. I wouldn't trust his evaluation of talent. With that said, I think Williams is a very good player. But like Shump, I don't think he has the top end speed to be the elite back so many are claiming he'll be. At least I haven't seen it on film. He's just so physical he was able to truck 98% of the guys trying to tackle him in HS.

War Machine Dawg
07-30-2014, 10:49 PM
I hear what every one is saying about not moving Shump or Aeries but lets look at it.... We have Josh Robinson for two more years.. So in two seasons you will have those three plus four freshmen... at least one of those four freshmen will be a big time player... Last year Perkins got 80% of the carries and Robinson got probably 15% and outside of Alcorn Shump got a carry or two a game...I expect this year at best to go Robinson 70% Griffen 15% and Shump 15% thats if you redshirt Aeries... which he probably wont as hes as talented as all those guys...Then you throw in Lee who will redshirt... any way you cut it there is a log jam and at least one guy needs to go to defense

You can NEVER have too many good RBs. You can lose guys to injury at that position and be to your 4th or 5th guy in a hurry. Hell, look at LSU. They've always got about 5 badass RBs now. Better to have a logjam than not enough.

thedawg
07-30-2014, 10:49 PM
He's a shitty coach who's ruined players' careers. If he was half the coach he thinks he is, some college would've snatched him up by now. I wouldn't trust his evaluation of talent. With that said, I think Williams is a very good player. But like Shump, I don't think he has the top end speed to be the elite back so many are claiming he'll be. At least I haven't seen it on film. He's just so physical he was able to truck 98% of the guys trying to tackle him in HS.

He does... Hes faster than Shumpert and alot better athlete than he looked like in West Points grinder offense... He can go

War Machine Dawg
07-30-2014, 10:53 PM
He does... Hes faster than Shumpert and alot better athlete than he looked like in West Points grinder offense... He can go

Hope you're right. Everything else about him looks damn good. But Preacher predicting he'll be drafted is wayyyy too much sunshine for a guy who hasn't even had an SEC practice yet, much less a carry against a legit SEC D. It would be awesome if he could be good enough to be 3 and done, though. We NEED to have a skill position offensive player be beast enough to leave early. It would help our recruiting tremendously. I honestly can't remember the last guy we had go early at a skill position, but I'd bet it was Moulds.