PDA

View Full Version : WAY early speculation...

TXDawg
07-30-2014, 12:30 PM
I typically try to avoid these kind of things, but I was looking at the schedule today and it got me wondering. IF (and I know it's a big if) both State and Auburn are undefeated going into our game, do we have a shot at College Gameday on Oct 11?

I didn't look at the national schedule, but looking at the SEC games, I think we'd have a shot. Sure, LSU plays at FL that week, but if State and AU are both undefeated, LSU will have two losses at that point. The only other possible draw would be OM at TAMU.

Thoughts?

blacklistedbully
07-30-2014, 12:32 PM
I think if it comes to a panel of "experts" voting on it, some votes intended for us will erroneously go to Ole Miss, and we'll miss out on CG by a single vote.

civildawg
07-30-2014, 12:33 PM
You are forgetting about the other teams in america not in the SEC

Reason2succeed
07-30-2014, 12:39 PM
What we DO have working in our favor is that the MSU/AUB game has been so closely contested in the last couple of years that Gameday would have a lot of material to pull. Cam Newton will be talked about a lot. Plus, we have a new pretty stadium facade that will look good in the background.

blacklistedbully
07-30-2014, 12:42 PM
What we DO have working in our favor is that the MSU/AUB game has been so closely contested in the last couple of years that Gameday would have a lot of material to pull. Cam Newton will be talked about a lot. Plus, we have a new pretty stadium facade that will look good in the background.

And it sets up nicely for them to talk about how Dak compares to Newton and Marshall.

missouridawg
07-30-2014, 12:56 PM
I typically try to avoid these kind of things, but I was looking at the schedule today and it got me wondering. IF (and I know it's a big if) both State and Auburn are undefeated going into our game, do we have a shot at College Gameday on Oct 11?

I didn't look at the national schedule, but looking at the SEC games, I think we'd have a shot. Sure, LSU plays at FL that week, but if State and AU are both undefeated, LSU will have two losses at that point. The only other possible draw would be OM at TAMU.

Thoughts?

The key to something like this is to check the schedule for the day of our game, as well as pay attention to the prior weeks' games too.

Auburn plays vs LSU the week before us. If we beat LSU, then that game is less likely to be the college gameday site and prevents Auburn from getting gameday this week, meaning we could get them the next week.

The week we play vs AUB also has:
OU/TEXAS (not likely cause Texas should be bad)
Oregon/UCLA (very likely, as these two are front runners with STAN for Pac-12 and this would be a good game for gameday to get on the west coast for)
LSU/UF (if we beat LSU and are undefeated and AU is undefeated, then yes, we should be chosen over this game)

A few weeks ago, I pegged this game as our biggest chance for college gameday to come to campus. There's also a chance we get gameday at Tuscaloosa if we're 8-1 or 9-0 (please happen sweet tiny baby jesus).

preachermatt83
07-30-2014, 01:23 PM
The key to something like this is to check the schedule for the day of our game, as well as pay attention to the prior weeks' games too.

Auburn plays vs LSU the week before us. If we beat LSU, then that game is less likely to be the college gameday site and prevents Auburn from getting gameday this week, meaning we could get them the next week.

The week we play vs AUB also has:
OU/TEXAS (not likely cause Texas should be bad)
Oregon/UCLA (very likely, as these two are front runners with STAN for Pac-12 and this would be a good game for gameday to get on the west coast for)
LSU/UF (if we beat LSU and are undefeated and AU is undefeated, then yes, we should be chosen over this game)

A few weeks ago, I pegged this game as our biggest chance for college gameday to come to campus. There's also a chance we get gameday at Tuscaloosa if we're 8-1 or 9-0 (please happen sweet tiny baby jesus).

They always go to the red river rivalry and this year will be no exception . End of story.

CadaverDawg
07-30-2014, 01:49 PM
If not, we will at least have SEC Nation there I would think

ShotgunDawg
07-30-2014, 01:52 PM
IF we were to be undefeated when Auburn comes to town, then yes, I think there is a strong shot Gameday could be there.

On another note, all I hear is how Gameday wants to go to Ole Miss for the grove. However, I only ask for one thing: if Gameday goes to Ole Miss, please ESPN, make them earn it. Don't bring Gameday to Ole Miss just because you want to visit the Grove. Having Gameday on campus should be a privilege afforded to teams that have EARNED it, and, as of now, Ole Miss has not earned it. If they do earn it, then great, but don't give them a freebe because you've read how great the Grove is.

ShotgunDawg
07-30-2014, 01:53 PM
IF we were to be undefeated when Auburn comes to town, then yes, I think there is a strong shot Gameday could be there.

On another note, all I hear is how Gameday wants to go to Ole Miss for the grove. However, I only ask for one thing: if Gameday goes to Ole Miss, please ESPN, make them earn it. Don't bring Gameday to Ole Miss just because you want to visit the Grove. Having Gameday on campus should be a privilege afforded to teams that have EARNED it, and, as of now, Ole Miss has not earned it. If they do earn it, then great, but don't give them a freebe because you've read how great the Grove is from a bunch of subjective, confirmation biased magazines, many of which have probably never actually been to the Grove.

TrapGame
07-30-2014, 01:55 PM
I'd love for it to happen but I just don't see it.

UMCDawg16
07-30-2014, 02:13 PM
One thing that may be a factor that people haven't mentioned is how much ESPN has been hyping up Dak for the Heisman. If we are undefeated going into that AU game that means Dak will have been rolling thus far in the year. That could be thing that could go in our favor. You know how ESPN loves laying the hype down thick on their chosen ones.

cbrunt29
07-30-2014, 02:15 PM
They're saying there's a chance that South Alabama host Gameday when we play there. Not a lot going on in the rest of the country that week

BulldogBear
07-30-2014, 02:49 PM
They're saying there's a chance that South Alabama host Gameday when we play there. Not a lot going on in the rest of the country that week

Saw that. Almost insulting. Imean I'd love to be on gameday but think about it. They'll go to South Alabama and not have gone to Starkville and many other bigger draws/names. I'm wondering why South Alabama's first time to host an SEC school is so mindbogglingly historic. If they do that, chances are they go to West Coast Auburn week. Also, y'all remember that they choose these sights often 2 and sometimes even 3 weeks ahead of time. There's some small chance they could already have LSU-Auburn penciled in before we play them. If they've announced it already, we're probably sunk. Otherwise, you really need to look at who's likely undefeated after Saturday 27 September.