PDA

View Full Version : High school copy cat logos

MafiaDawg
07-30-2014, 10:33 AM
I was looking at the dandy dozen photo shoot and noticed that yazoo high uses the same logo as BYU (which kind of funny in itself). Does anyone know what has to happen for the high schools to use the same logos as college and pro teams?
Just to name a few....
Gulfport = Georgia/grambling
Columbus= Falcons
Desoto central= michigan
MC= Clemson
Gautier= Florida.
I know MRA once used the patriots logo
Hattiesburg uses the same lsu tiger although the lettering is different.
I just assumed they had copyrights on these?

Thrill1
07-30-2014, 12:56 PM
St. Martin uses our baseball MS logo.

BulldogBear
07-30-2014, 01:07 PM
I think Enterprise uses USM's eagle.

Brookhaven's goofya$$ Ol' Brook is based on Ole Miss but not really a logo copy per sey.

Water Valley uses the same WV as West Virginia except it's white on blue of course. There are a LOT more but that's all I can think of off the top of my head.

Big4Dawg
07-30-2014, 01:11 PM
Starkville uses GT logo.

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR2aX6jpA9GKfY1W2DZmpvPwcYr9_Avf IxXWK54lonZbMD9vpOCDkKO_g

http://starkville.ms.schoolwebpages.com/education/components/scrapbook/default.php?sectiondetailid=18111

dawgman
07-30-2014, 02:15 PM
Muscle Shoals, Alabama used to use our MS baseball logo, When we changed to M State for for football, they went to the same logo but with the words M Shoals

Barking 13
07-30-2014, 02:18 PM
Gordo AL copies Green Bay to a T.. right down to the socks and everything..

Tbonewannabe
07-30-2014, 03:37 PM
Marietta, GA uses the M state banner logo. My wife was amazed at all the MSU fans in the area till she got close enough to read the banner.

Bob Sacamano
07-30-2014, 05:21 PM
Didn't Vicksburg get in trouble with Florida regarding them using the gator logo?

smootness
07-30-2014, 05:32 PM
Marietta, GA uses the M state banner logo. My wife was amazed at all the MSU fans in the area till she got close enough to read the banner.

Have they changed recently? They've always just had a blue helmet with a white M for as long as I can remember.

BulldogBear
07-30-2014, 05:32 PM
Didn't Vicksburg get in trouble with Florida regarding them using the gator logo?

Some get in trouble. Some don't. It may come down to whether or not the college/pro cares.

blacklistedbully
07-30-2014, 05:45 PM
I was looking at the dandy dozen photo shoot and noticed that yazoo high uses the same logo as BYU (which kind of funny in itself). Does anyone know what has to happen for the high schools to use the same logos as college and pro teams?
Just to name a few....
Gulfport = Georgia/grambling
Columbus= Falcons
Desoto central= michigan
MC= Clemson
Gautier= Florida.
I know MRA once used the patriots logo
Hattiesburg uses the same lsu tiger although the lettering is different.
I just assumed they had copyrights on these?

Technically speaking, I'd say Gulfport is copying Green Bay more than UGA. UGA uses a black primary color G, whereas Green Bay & Gulfport use a white G on their 2 primary colors.

The Federalist Engineer
07-30-2014, 06:16 PM
St Mary University "the spires" use the MS baseball hat with a green hat. Looks good, hope MSU and spires never quarrel.

War Machine Dawg
07-30-2014, 06:52 PM
South Panola - the script "Tigers" is pretty much a direct TSUN rip-off. Hell, the entire SP uni & program is a rip-off of TSUN.

HereComesTheSpiral
07-30-2014, 06:57 PM
Was in st louis over the fourth and saw a guy with a shirt with our baseball logo.

jbjones
07-30-2014, 07:03 PM
The school I went to (East Central in Jackson Co.) had an Alabama ripoff look in the early/mid 90s when I played there. The school colors are Maroon/White. Our helmets were all maroon, with a white stripe down the middle and numbers over the ear-holes. It was aweful. The DC was a serious Bammer....even though he played for Upig. Go figure.

Now, thank goodness, the Hornets wear all maroon helmets with an overlaped EC on the sides.

Tbonewannabe
07-31-2014, 08:32 AM
Have they changed recently? They've always just had a blue helmet with a white M for as long as I can remember.

I haven't seen it but apparently it is a big M then with Marietta written in the banner across it. It could be a white M with blue writing I guess. She saw it from a distance and was surprised it wasn't M State when she got close enough to read it.

BulldogBear
07-31-2014, 09:07 AM
Sometimes the logos are reversed if they have an orientation. I grew up in Natchez when we had a South Natchez (Colonels) and North Natchez (Rams). I remember South Natchez used the Ole Miss Colonel Rebel but he was facing the opposite way. When we consolidated to just one school my junior year, the new Natchez "Bulldogs" used the walking Bully logo, but again, he was walking the other direction!