PDA

View Full Version : Sports nation poll on Eli being an elite NFL QB...

RougeDawg
07-29-2014, 11:07 PM

Pretty telling. Hard to believe he stumbled his way to two SB rings.

huffy
07-29-2014, 11:18 PM
they should have least put a spec of blue in Lafayette County

Todd4State
07-29-2014, 11:23 PM
To me, Eli is the present day Phil Simms. He is a game manager on a team with a really good defense in their heyday. He can have his moments, and he can also look awful.

I don't think your average Joe sports fan looks at Eli and says- gee, there is a guy that can take over a game like Brady, Peyton, Brees, etc.

msstate7
07-29-2014, 11:29 PM
To me, Eli is the present day Phil Simms. He is a game manager on a team with a really good defense in their heyday. He can have his moments, and he can also look awful.

I don't think your average Joe sports fan looks at Eli and says- gee, there is a guy that can take over a game like Brady, Peyton, Brees, etc.

I think games he has the most influence on are in a bad way. He absolutely loses games for the giants with his careless turnovers. Eli can be very good at times though. Eli is very streaky IMO and that's not a good thing when you're an nfl qb

RougeDawg
07-29-2014, 11:30 PM
Something else that's telling about Eli's perception is BroLocks saying he's never asked Eli for pointers.**

Johnson85
07-30-2014, 07:59 AM

Pretty telling. Hard to believe he stumbled his way to two SB rings.

Do you think he couldn't have done what Troy Aikmen did? I'm not an NFL guy, but it seems like Eli could have won with Dallas. I don't think Eli was ever elite in the sense that he could carry a team to the superbowl, but I think he was more than a game manager. He was a good (at times very good), but not elite, qb who was fortunate to play on teams that were good enough to win the superbowl with a good, not elite, qb. He's not trent Dilfer.

LeakyD
07-30-2014, 09:31 AM
Eli is Trent Dilfer or Brad Johnson with one more ring. I think they were the 6 seed both times they won the SB. Defense and a couple of great catches won those titles. However, if you give him a chance to beat you in the end, he is extremely clutch.