PDA

View Full Version : No wrong answer question

Dogchomp
07-29-2014, 10:18 PM
First time post here, so I thought this would be a good question. Assuming Dak and CJ only play 2 more years, would you rather have 2 (same eligibility as actual) Daks or 2 CJs? *note I'm assuming (as I should) CJ goes to the NFL after his Junior year*

missouridawg
07-29-2014, 10:24 PM
2 Chris jones... Because they can both be on the field at the same time in their primary position.

Political Hack
07-29-2014, 10:32 PM
CJ easy. the world can't handle but 1 Dak Attack.

starkvegasdawg
07-30-2014, 05:38 AM
As much as I love Dak I would take two Chris'. Games in the sec are won in the trenches and having two of them would wreak havoc.

spudd21
07-30-2014, 07:20 AM
2 CJs would just not be fair, I would definitely take 2 though.

dickiedawg
07-30-2014, 07:30 AM
Yeah, it's an easy question. You can play up to 4 Chris jones, really. Dak could play another position possibly but there's no guarantee he's a difference maker.

Now if the question becomes Would you rather have CJ or Dak if you could keep one an extra 2 years, it's tougher and I probably pick Dak.

Johnson85
07-30-2014, 07:46 AM
First time post here, so I thought this would be a good question. Assuming Dak and CJ only play 2 more years, would you rather have 2 (same eligibility as actual) Daks or 2 CJs? *note I'm assuming (as I should) CJ goes to the NFL after his Junior year*

Assuming you meant would you rather have two more years of Dak or 2 more years of CJ, for MSU, you generally would probably take Dak. We've had more success with finding NFL DL than we have had finding good qb's that are also good leaders. But looking at what we will have on the roster in two years, I think it's clearly CJ. He is the more dominant player for his position and it looks like we have good qb's to choose from.

missouridawg
07-30-2014, 07:50 AM
Yeah, it's an easy question. You can play up to 4 Chris jones, really. Dak could play another position possibly but there's no guarantee he's a difference maker.

Now if the question becomes Would you rather have CJ or Dak if you could keep one an extra 2 years, it's tougher and I probably pick Dak.

If I had to choose one player to stay another two years, it would be Dak. MSU can find serviceable lineman (and yes, I realize that CJ is much more than just serviceable).... but MSU can't always find serviceable QBs.

Dogchomp
07-30-2014, 10:18 AM
Ok, looking back I believe this question would have been better served with more variables.

maroonmania
07-30-2014, 11:38 AM
If I had to choose one player to stay another two years, it would be Dak. MSU can find serviceable lineman (and yes, I realize that CJ is much more than just serviceable).... but MSU can't always find serviceable QBs.

I fully agree with you. Maybe a lot of MSU fans downplay the value of the QB position because, to be honest, we've never really had a great one. But there is no question that QB IS the most important position on a team and definitely worth more than any single DL. Guys like Tim Tebow, Cam Newton, Johnny Manziel and the like can totally change the dynamic of a game. A DL can't do that.