OL-7th

Rockmnation.com:

OL- 9th

Dawgsports.com:

OL- 7th

RedCupRebellion:

OL- 8th

I have yet to find someone to put our RB's in the top 10 of the SEC

So, the consensus from around the SEC is that we have a middle of the SEC offensive line- which is pretty good by most standards. Nobody thinks we have middle of the pack RB's and many consider this our biggest weakness on offense.

FISHDAWG
07-29-2014, 08:06 PM
you been hangin with engie ? .... WR's are what is surprising to me

CadaverDawg
07-29-2014, 08:07 PM
Well, it's official then. If the media says it, it must be true. Denzel is greater than BMac, and Bo is greater than Dak too. Since the media is always factual.

It's funny that the consensus on this board and among all MSU fans, is that the OL and ST are our biggest concerns....yet you choose to take the words of a group of media members that don't watch all of our games. Wonder why?

Yawn

bluelightstar
07-29-2014, 08:10 PM
It's not that nobody thinks we have middle of the pack RBs; it's that ours are all relative unknowns unless you follow State closely. Hard to rate 3 guys who most of the SEC doesn't really know.

CadaverDawg
07-29-2014, 08:11 PM
Oh and for the record... I said look up the definition of "consensus". Not create your own hand chosen media consensus to try and prove your point. If you want a consensus, poll the board. Oh wait...that wouldn't get you the results you're looking for.

CadaverDawg
07-29-2014, 08:12 PM
It's not that nobody thinks we have middle of the pack RBs; it's that ours are all relative unknowns unless you follow State closely. Hard to rate 3 guys who most of the SEC doesn't really know.

Exactly.

Coach obviously thinks we're all idiots. His spin on this issue is so easy to see.

HoopsDawg
07-29-2014, 08:15 PM
We are definitely lacking a big time RB.

BeastMan
07-29-2014, 08:21 PM
I like our OL in 2014. Will easily be Dan's best. We don't have a RB that I like as much as Boobie or Vick Ballard. No idea how my opinion fits in this argument but that's my 2 cents

thedawg
07-29-2014, 08:22 PM
We are definitely lacking a big time RB.

No we are not... I'm not sure which one will be but one of the four will emerge as a big time rb... We will be able to run the football on anyone this year... Yes even Alabama

CadaverDawg
07-29-2014, 08:25 PM
No we are not... I'm not sure which one will be but one of the four will emerge as a big time rb.

Agree with this part. Hell, our best RB is Dak Prescott, so Josh Robinson makes a helluva #2

Coach34
07-29-2014, 08:25 PM
I like our OL in 2014. Will easily be Dan's best. We don't have a RB that I like as much as Boobie or Vick Ballard. No idea how my opinion fits in this argument but that's my 2 cents

exactly

Coach34
07-29-2014, 08:29 PM
It's funny that the consensus on this board and among all MSU fans, is that the OL and ST are our biggest concerns...
Yawn

well, there's your mistake. Most fans cant look at their own teams objectively.

CadaverDawg
07-29-2014, 08:34 PM
well, there's your mistake. Most fans cant look at their own teams objectively.

You're a fan.

preachermatt83
07-29-2014, 08:42 PM
We have 4 SEC Caliber backs... there is no possible way anybody can even consider the fact that we have any reason to worry about our RB's... Quoting the media is ridiculous bc we know something they don't.... we didn't lose our best RB by any stretch of the imagination last year. We Better at RB this year than we were last year. A healthy Nick Griffin is worth 5 LP's.

MarketingBully01
07-29-2014, 08:47 PM
Well, it's official then. If the media says it, it must be true. Denzel is greater than BMac, and Bo is greater than Dak too. Since the media is always factual.

It's funny that the consensus on this board and among all MSU fans, is that the OL and ST are our biggest concerns....yet you choose to take the words of a group of media members that don't watch all of our games. Wonder why?

Yawn

I'm not concerned about the OL or Special teams because I think both will be serviceable enough for us to not notice them. Now Field goal kicker (one position) is what I am most concerned about. Hopefully that kid from Michigan is the real deal. Either that or Sobiesk improves 15000%.

Coach34
07-29-2014, 08:48 PM
Quoting the media is ridiculous bc we know something they don't.....

Just like its obvious every year I know something ya'll dont. Or should I bump some threads from last November?

CadaverDawg
07-29-2014, 08:51 PM
Just like its obvious every year I know something ya'll dont. Or should I bump some threads from last November?

http://tattletailzz.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/bill-cosby-annoyed-shaking-head-smh-gif.gif

codeDawg
07-29-2014, 09:47 PM
We have 4 SEC Caliber backs... there is no possible way anybody can even consider the fact that we have any reason to worry about our RB's... Quoting the media is ridiculous bc we know something they don't.... we didn't lose our best RB by any stretch of the imagination last year. We Better at RB this year than we were last year. A healthy Nick Griffin is worth 5 LP's.

I'm going to take the other side of this one. As I see it we have one guy that can do some things in JRob, but everybody behind him is suspect.

Griffin has shown flashes of talent, only to be knocked down by injury. Who knows if that trend will continue, or if he will be able to move past it. This is his last shot, so I hope he is as good in the fall as he was in the spring.

Shump is a powerful back that needs to learn how to run in the SEC. He needs to figure out how to go forward without going over and through people.

Williams has a chance to be great, but he's a true freshman, and we all know how that goes. He's not going to break out this year.

I see one guy that has proven he can do it and three guys with asterisks. I would love to be proven wrong. BTW, I don't know anything about Dontavian Lee, but I love that kid's tape. He's a powerful back with great field vision. He won't content this year, but watch out in the future.

Coach34
07-29-2014, 09:56 PM
Lee is supposedly going to play defense

PMDawg
07-29-2014, 09:59 PM

Yeah why don't you bump all the ones from the last 4 years straight where you predicted 10 wins?

BulldogBear
07-30-2014, 08:31 AM

I like it like that. I'd prefer to be under the radar in every way still possible.

BulldogBear
07-30-2014, 08:42 AM
I'm going to take the other side of this one. As I see it we have one guy that can do some things in JRob, but everybody behind him is suspect.

Griffin has shown flashes of talent, only to be knocked down by injury. Who knows if that trend will continue, or if he will be able to move past it. This is his last shot, so I hope he is as good in the fall as he was in the spring.

Shump is a powerful back that needs to learn how to run in the SEC. He needs to figure out how to go forward without going over and through people.

Williams has a chance to be great, but he's a true freshman, and we all know how that goes. He's not going to break out this year.

I see one guy that has proven he can do it and three guys with asterisks. I would love to be proven wrong. BTW, I don't know anything about Dontavian Lee, but I love that kid's tape. He's a powerful back with great field vision. He won't content this year, but watch out in the future.

I agree those behind JRob are unproven and therefore suspect but mostly just because they're unproven. I will agree with Matt about the media and others though. A lot of them just look and think, "oh, they post LP." The truth of it is that 9 outa 10 MSU folks I knew and talked with last year knew even then that Robinson should be getting more touches. It got almost got cliche that we would we would waste 7-10 plays a game running LP up the middle for -1 to 2 yards per carry. He would occasionally go for more up the middle but his best plays were usually to the corners or receiving. We tried to make him a bruiser (sort of a Boobie lite) and he just wasn't. We really used him wrong. Anyway, back to the matter at hand, it's really only State people that know we didn't really lose our best RB (for the way we were using them). He's still there safely under the radar and ready to ride roughshod over all but the best SEC defenses and he'll still give them fits I believe.