PDA

View Full Version : For you Cards Fans - Hot stove is getting hot as HELL

Lloyd Christmas
07-29-2014, 07:22 PM
My inside source in Louie says Cards will be getting David Price for Shelby Miller, Oscar Taveras, and a first round pick. GOOD trade if this happens. Pierzynski and him are huge pickups for a deep October run.

Dawg61
07-29-2014, 07:25 PM
My inside source in Louie says Cards will be getting David Price for Shelby Miller, Oscar Taveras, and a first round pick. GOOD trade if this happens. Pierzynski and him are huge pickups for a deep October run.

Which team gets the 1st round pick? If the Rays get Miller, Taveras AND a 1st round pick for a player they no longer can afford they just made out like bandits. Watch Taveras rape AL pitching.

Just read this, Rays would get the 1st round pick plus Miller and Taveras but they still want MORE than that. Unreal.

CBS Sports' Jon Heyman was told by a Rays source that the team is "talking and willing" on the David Price trade front.
"[We'll] see if any teams have the desire," the source added. Heyman was told by rival executives that they believe general manager Andrew Friedman "has the guts to deal Price when the team has rallied from nowhere to the cusp of the AL pennant race. A few even suggest that he may prefer to pull the trigger." USA Today's Bob Nightengale has indicated that the Cardinals could have an offer on the table of Oscar Taveras, Shelby Miller and their competitive balance pick in exchange for Price. It appears, however, that the Rays may want even more. FOX Sports' Jon Morosi says that Price is expected to start for the Rays Wednesday afternoon "barring a dramatic turn" in trade talks.

smootness
07-29-2014, 08:04 PM
That would be a bad deal for the Cardinals.

War Machine Dawg
07-29-2014, 10:34 PM
That would be a bad deal for the Cardinals.

Completely agree. Plus, it's not like STL can afford to sign Price to a new deal, either. He'd be a 2-3 month rental to go all in on a Championship run. Mortgaging the future for 2-3 months. Not a good idea.

Todd4State
07-29-2014, 11:37 PM
I agree that would be a bad trade for the Cardinals. IF they do it, I don't think they will do so with the intent of making Price a 2-3 month rental. Not given their history and not given what they would be giving up to get him. Historically what they do is they get a player like this, bring him in to St. Louis and get them to experience the organization and all of the Cardinals stuff and then sign the guy. See Matt Holliday.

On top of that Price won't be a free agent until 2016, so at worst they would be getting 1+ years out of him in his prime.

HereComesTheSpiral
07-30-2014, 08:23 AM
Cardinals will throw in Jaime Garcia , Mark Ellis, and Daniel Descalso for Ben Zobrist with Price.* Other than Taveras, this is a decent trade for me as long as they dont want a lot more since they will have Price next year and if you feel like you wont resign him, you can trade him at the deadline.

dawgs
07-30-2014, 11:55 AM
Great (and typical) deal by the rays if this comes to fruition.

Smitty
07-30-2014, 01:24 PM
Hearing prospect James Ramsey (FSU) traded for Justin Masterson