PDA

View Full Version : Bo Pellinni blast OM transfer WR's parents

BeastMan
07-29-2014, 02:48 PM
http://nebraska.247sports.com/Bolt/Pelini-on-Stringfellow-Read-between-the-lines-29917069

Pellinni discusses what happened as to why Stringfellow (who was kicked off at Washington) flipped from Nebraska to Ole Miss.

Harrydawg
07-29-2014, 02:53 PM
Hmm, wonder why a parent would steer there son to go somewhere?
$$$$$

preachermatt83
07-29-2014, 02:56 PM
"I think we all know what happened there" yea Bo, we sure do..

TheRef
07-29-2014, 03:03 PM
"I think we all know what happened there" yea Bo, we sure do..

Never anger Bo Pelini. He'll come at you with his cat.

https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/451038023791038464/wG6l0e_5_400x400.jpeg

ShotgunDawg
07-29-2014, 03:05 PM
Ole Miss just keeps on keeping on. It's pathetic. There already rumors of recruiting violations with a 2015 prospect.

CadaverDawg
07-29-2014, 03:08 PM
Ole Miss just keeps on keeping on. It's pathetic. There already rumors of recruiting violations with a 2015 prospect.

I've heard the same. Not sure if the rumors are true, or if they'll ever be revealed, but hopefully the guy ends up a Dawg regardless. They are pathetic and pitiful.

thunderclap
07-29-2014, 03:09 PM
Everybody knows but the NCAA.

drunkernhelldawg
07-29-2014, 03:10 PM
Comment really bites into Stringfellow. Could affect his career. I don't think Pelinni was right to put that out there.

ShotgunDawg
07-29-2014, 03:12 PM
You would think with all those subjective, confirmation bias, articles written about how great the Grove, their campus, and Oxford are, they wouldn't have a to commit recruiting violations and pay players to get them to come play for them.

If there was any school that should have too much pride to pay players, it would should be Ole Miss? After all, should you have to cheat to lure someone to paradise?

ShotgunDawg
07-29-2014, 03:16 PM
Comment really bites into Stringfellow. Could affect his career. I don't think Pelinni was right to put that out there.

Pelinni doesn't give two shits. Pelinni is about the worst person in college football to cheat in front of because he isn't political. He will say whatever he thinks, and not have enough awareness to realize he hurt someone. FWIW, I have no problem with coaches calling out players who cheat the system. If Stringfellow or his family accepted illegal benefits, then they should be called out and it should effect their career. Anything to be a deterrent to this stuff.

AlSwearengen
07-29-2014, 03:18 PM

Arrogance, entitlement, and frustration drives them. If the ncaa weren't so impotent, olemiss would have had their asses handed to them awhile ago.

MarketingBully01
07-29-2014, 03:22 PM
You would think with all those subjective, confirmation bias, articles written about how great the Grove, their campus, and Oxford are, they wouldn't have a to commit recruiting violations and pay players to get them to come play for them.

If there was any school that should have too much pride to pay players, it would should be Ole Miss? After all, should you have to cheat to lure someone to paradise?

In all seriousness, they are the modern day SMU and the fact the NCAA does nothing just makes them feel that more invincible.

RossDawg82
07-29-2014, 03:22 PM
Its this kind of stuff that makes them think they are the kings of recruiting. If you follow that story and read the comments by the Husker fans, it is riddled with Rebels acting as though all these 5* kids have been dying for an opportunity to play in Oxford. I am sorry, but unless you live in-state, you never strive to play at Ole Miss. Something is going on and it is become very obvious with every single out of state 5* they bring in. This will eventually lead to their demise.

whosyourdawgy
07-29-2014, 03:27 PM
Never anger Bo Pelini. He'll come at you with his cat.

https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/451038023791038464/wG6l0e_5_400x400.jpeg

Is this for real? What in the Hell? It looks like a SNL skit And how the heck do you find things like this? Wow

TheRef
07-29-2014, 03:28 PM
Is this for real? What in the Hell? It looks like a SNL skit And how the heck do you find things like this? Wow

I'm a magical online wizard, dawgy.

Johnson85
07-29-2014, 03:32 PM
Pelinni doesn't give two shits. Pelinni is about the worst person in college football to cheat in front of because he isn't political. He will say whatever he thinks, and not have enough awareness to realize he hurt someone. FWIW, I have no problem with coaches calling out players who cheat the system. If Stringfellow or his family accepted illegal benefits, then they should be called out and it should effect their career. Anything to be a deterrent to this stuff.

You seriously want people being called out for accepting benefits? Um and Auburn may be a little less discrete about it, but nobody in the SEC has good recruiting classes without being competitive in the recruiting game.

BrunswickDawg
07-29-2014, 03:34 PM

And he brings the cat to games too....
http://usatthebiglead.files.wordpress.com/2014/04/bo-pelini-cat-2.jpg?w=1023

TheRef
07-29-2014, 03:36 PM
All hail the Pelini cat.

https://admin.xosn.com/pics33/640/EC/ECZSCQUBVFGGGHE.20140412211957.JPG

BossDawg
07-29-2014, 04:04 PM
I've heard the same. Not sure if the rumors are true, or if they'll ever be revealed, but hopefully the guy ends up a Dawg regardless. They are pathetic and pitiful.

Can they be discussed on here? I'm just curious.

Coach34
07-29-2014, 04:09 PM
Can they be discussed on here? .

No

TStationDawg
07-29-2014, 04:13 PM
No

Thanks for not allowing that Coach. I can only hope that the NCAA is so pissed at the Big 12 commish that they hammer Ole Miss. That crap HAS to come home to roost eventually. Cue the "One can only hope so Jack" line

BossDawg
07-29-2014, 04:13 PM
Arrogance, entitlement, and frustration drives them. If the ncaa weren't so impotent, olemiss would have had their asses handed to them awhile ago.

Nail, meet hammer. Collectively they have the type of personality that believes money can solve all of their problems. It's hard to believe how more people can't see through their farce of being some innocent and hospitable fan base. Take for instance all of the "Blind Side" hooplah. It blows my mind, I mean really blows my mind how the people who eat that shit up are so naive.

RougeDawg
07-29-2014, 04:14 PM
I'll also tell you I have first hand knowledge of another impropriety they offered a 2014 running back. Occurred during his junior year. This hasn't been been reported to NCAA by my knowledge, but I know the kid will talk. He signed elsewhere but momma was offered a "rent free" house and job in batesville. Hmmmmmm?? He politely declined. I have yet to send this one into the NCAA office. They're so back logged I didn't want this one to get lost.

hailmari
07-29-2014, 04:19 PM
No

Aww.. Shucks.

BulldogDX55
07-29-2014, 04:22 PM
Aww.. Shucks.

Yeah, it's really not a good idea, PR wise, to go and accuse a guy who hasn't even committed anywhere yet of taking handouts. Now, post commit, if there is any actual evidence that surfaces, I'd say go hog wild.

jumbo

no, it's a photoshop. twitter handle is @fauxpellini

however, the real Pellini did bring a cat to the spring game in response.

TStationDawg
Rouge, I know you have a lot of info and I won't press you for any of it; just tell me there is a prayer they won't go unscathed!!!!

hailmari
07-29-2014, 04:26 PM
Oh I totally get it. I'm patient.

ShotgunDawg
07-29-2014, 04:45 PM
Hopefully we will never hear who this player is, as, hopefully, he will make a decision that is in the best interest of his football career.

FISHDAWG
07-29-2014, 05:23 PM
Can they be discussed on here? I'm just curious.

yes .... through private messaging ... pm me with details

blacklistedbully
07-29-2014, 05:43 PM
Its this kind of stuff that makes them think they are the kings of recruiting. If you follow that story and read the comments by the Husker fans, it is riddled with Rebels acting as though all these 5* kids have been dying for an opportunity to play in Oxford. I am sorry, but unless you live in-state, you never strive to play at Ole Miss. Something is going on and it is become very obvious with every single out of state 5* they bring in. This will eventually lead to their demise.

And let's not forget, OM is the land of TSSRA, Rebel mascots, From Dixie With Love, etc, etc. What self-respecting minority and/or his parents wouldn't want to go there just to be a part of that wonderful tradition and atmosphere?***

DownwardDawg
07-29-2014, 05:57 PM

Hahaha!!!! That's a great response!!! I literally Lol'd.

RougeDawg
07-29-2014, 08:35 PM
Hopeful the BIG12 commish and pelini's comments finally force the NCAAs hand in giving OM what they've so rightfully deserved for the better part of 3 decades. They've bought their way out many times before but now have two of the other big conferences pissed, not to mention half of the SEC. It used to only be State people turning over allegations. Now it's the entire sec and parts of ACC and BIG12.

Barking 13
07-29-2014, 10:13 PM

Gandalf Norwood - weather wizard

ShotgunDawg
07-30-2014, 12:56 AM
Check out this beauty from War Chief on Nafoom:

Even if we DID pay stringfellow, don't act like Nebraska doesn't do that. Why would a WR want to play there? Can you blame the kid? Pelini is also, hands down, one of the dumbest looking SOBs on the planet. THIS is a guy you want leading your football program:

Is this how they justify cheating?

Without any evidence whatsoever that anyone else is legitimately cheating, they justify their own cheating by saying, "well, everybody else does it."

Again, why doesn't Ole Miss ever land the recruit to begin with? Why do they have to "flip" so many recruits? Did Ole Miss not know about Stringfellow before he committed to Nebraska, or did he commit to Nebraska over OM, and then OM just upped the offer?

For the life of me, of can't figure out why Ole Miss has to flip so many recruits. If Freeze is such a good recruiter, how come he always has to come from behind to win?

What a sorry ass, pathetic group of human beings.

Statefan
07-30-2014, 07:05 AM
That's weird. I thought "Commitment is staying loyal to what you said you were going to do"

starkvegasdawg
07-30-2014, 07:15 AM
They are daring to make fun of how the coach of another school looks with that buck toothed Opie Taylor they got roaming the sideline? Sweet mercy pot meet kettle. I guess next they will make fun of the NE fans for wearing bowties or something to tailgate.

RealHastings
07-30-2014, 10:03 AM
Someone PM me the rumors?

Bully13
07-30-2014, 10:59 AM
someone please fill me in on what I'm missing. I thought coaches couldn't comment publicly 'bout 'croots.

DudyDawg
07-30-2014, 11:10 AM
We all know they cheat.

The biggest thing about this is ole Bo the cat whisperer bringing his cat to a spring game. That's the greatest thing ever. I mean, the guy is a shit head but that's absolutely hysterical

TheRef
07-30-2014, 11:13 AM
We all know they cheat.

The biggest thing about this is ole Bo the cat whisperer bringing his cat to a spring game. That's the greatest thing ever. I mean, the guy is a shit head but that's absolutely hysterical

Maroney is not impressed.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m8igq6LUCe1r8ifvxo1_500.jpg

HancockCountyDog
07-30-2014, 11:15 AM
Im really glad Pelini came out with this.

Also, this is going to hurt him with recruit's families, so if we are recruiting against Nebraska, we should use it.

ShotgunDawg
07-30-2014, 11:30 AM
I love all of this as well, but the one big problem is that it came from Pelini. Even if true, Pelini is possibly the least credible head coach source in all of major college football. You would be hard pressed to find a coach that the average person or media member believed less.

Bully13
07-30-2014, 11:32 AM
what is it that we're not supposed to be specifically referring to regarding this? I mean hell, Bo's already come out and said dude's parents took money. there's no other way to translate it. and I thought coaches were not supposed to talk about specific croots. what's up with that?

fishwater99
07-30-2014, 01:07 PM
He's a transfer from another school, so I think the rules are totally different than a HS recruit.

DawgHouseUnited
08-01-2014, 04:30 PM
HE DOESN'T JUST HUG CATS. (http://www.foxsports.com/college-football/story/nebraska-huskers-bo-pelini-red-rising-adidas-uniforms-video-080114)