PDA

View Full Version : CL article, MSU commits recruit at DD photo shoot.

Leroy Jenkins
07-29-2014, 02:34 PM
http://www.clarionledger.com/story/recruitingreport/2014/07/29/msu-commits-told-to-recruit-at-dandy-dozen-photosoot/13317743/

This year's Dandy Dozen features five Mississippi State commits.

And each received the same message before heading out to Veterans Memorial Stadium for the photo shoot.

Bulldogs coach Dan Mullen and other members of MSU's staff told each to spend their time recruiting Javon Patterson, Leo Lewis and Fletcher Adams - the state's top uncommitted prospects.

"They said you better stay on those guys. They're not playing around," Murrah's Malik Dear said. "They really want them. We really want them. I think we'll get them."

Lewis, the nation's top inside linebacker, was flattered when he heard about the instructions passed along from Mullen.

"Man, that's really cool," he said. "That just shows they really are showing me love. They tell me I'm on top of their board. That's awesome."

Petal's Patterson simply chucked.

"They would have been after me today even if (Mullen) told them to or not, man," he said. "But I'm just here to go with the flow. I have to do what's best for me."

Dear views the Dandy Dozen photo shoot as a "major" recruiting advantage for the Bulldogs.

"I mean, we don't even have to tell those guys why they should commit to (MSU)," he said with a grin. "We just have to point out here to all these guys. It feels like half of us are going to Starkville. Why would they want to pass up on that?"

starkvegasdawg
07-29-2014, 02:45 PM
Quick opinion poll...What do you think a letter of inquiry sent to TSUN would do to their class? Would they be able to find a way to hold on to who they have committed or would it be a a case of last one out the door turn out the lights?

AlSwearengen
07-29-2014, 02:54 PM
Quick opinion poll...What do you think a letter of inquiry sent to TSUN would do to their class? Would they be able to find a way to hold on to who they have committed or would it be a a case of last one out the door turn out the lights?

Only insiders would ever hear about a letter sent to olemiss. And it sounds to me like Patterson to olemiss has been a done deal for awhile. If we were to pull him, that would be icing on the cake in my eyes.

CadaverDawg
07-29-2014, 03:11 PM
Patterson's comments lead me to believe that while it's fun to get attention from MSU...he's got his mind made up and will be a Bear. Hope I'm wrong. He could be an impact 4 year starter on a bad ass team potentially....

paco
07-29-2014, 03:54 PM
Patterson has never had MSU at the top of his list. He's a rebel bear.
On the bright side, I think Leo and Fletcher are prime targets. Leo is an impact player no matter where he signs. Fletcher also has NFL talent. If either or both choose to play at MSU, they will be part of some very good teams while in college.

Coach34
07-29-2014, 04:15 PM
We have zero chance at Patterson

GreenheadDawg
07-29-2014, 04:43 PM

This. Don't even waste your time thinking about it

maroonmania
07-29-2014, 04:44 PM

Yep, IMO we have zero chance at Patterson and the Rebs have zero chance at Adams. Everything indicates we are heavy favorites for Lewis but I'm afraid his recruitment could turn into another Chris Jones-like circus between State and OM before signing day gets here.

Homedawg
07-29-2014, 06:52 PM
Yep, IMO we have zero chance at Patterson and the Rebs have zero chance at Adams. Everything indicates we are heavy favorites for Lewis but I'm afraid his recruitment could turn into another Chris Jones-like circus between State and OM before signing day gets here.

True, The Chris jones recruitment will pale in comparison bc Leo's is going to drag out for 7 months!

preachermatt83
07-29-2014, 06:58 PM
True, The Chris jones recruitment will pale in comparison bc Leo's is going to drag out for 7 months!

not to mention Chris was committed to MSU, Leo is uncommitted. Look for him to go into signing day uncommitted. We don't fair well in those situations usually but I really think we will with Leo. Look for him to have 3 hats on his table, MSU, OM, and Bama and look for him to grab the maroon and white one!! I think Leo knows right now where he is going and I think the coaches at that school are pretty sure as well but he is just enjoying the process and should if he so desires.

Big Daddy Dawg
07-29-2014, 07:12 PM
Patterson will be at Auburn!

Dawgcentral
07-29-2014, 07:12 PM
I'll never get my hopes up when it comes to the NCAA and TSUN. It's my belief that the NCAA has been rendered "limp" by the SEC in it's inevitable quest for independence. Unless they do something to give Slive an atomic wedgie, they can pretty much what they please.