PDA

View Full Version : I'll leave this here. Read IT if you'd like...

CadaverDawg
07-29-2014, 11:25 AM
http://mweb.cbssports.com/ncaaf/writer/dennis-dodd/24640600/emmert-says-recent-criticisms-of-enforcement-are-inaccurate?v=1&vc=1

ShotgunDawg
07-29-2014, 11:30 AM
Without providing specific numbers Emmert said cases are being processed at a "higher-than-average" rate. Last week, NCAA enforcement director Jon Duncan told CBSSports.com his division is on track to bring more than 100 allegations against 20 schools.

I think Emmert is tired of hearing about how his organization doesn't crack the whip, and, as a show of power, he may open a can of whoop ass. I hope we aren't one of those 20 schools, however, I can probably guess one of those 20 schools.

Question will be what the penalties are. School "M" pays a recruit and probably gets knocked two visits.

Reason2succeed
07-29-2014, 11:36 AM
Emmert can say whatever he wants but Bowlsby is right. The NCAA is NEVER going to take significant action against major money making programs especially now that the Power Five are threatening to break away from the NCAA. What burns me up is that the NCAA punishes the student athletes by taking away their seasons but never punishes rogue universities in nearly as harmful manners. I know that the death penalty hurts the innocent but even the amount of money fined should be astronomically higher and the number of scholarships lost should be crippling if they really wanted to stop cheating. Right now all the NCAA does is hurt players and small schools that don't have the power or money to fight.

Lane Kiffin and USC laughed in the NCAAs face when their punishment was given. Ohio State was barely phased at all by their postseason ban. ADs just schedule a trip to Hawaii for those seasons and keep it moving. Something has to change but I doubt it will.

TheRef
07-29-2014, 11:40 AM
Emmert can say whatever he wants but Bowlsby is right. The NCAA is NEVER going to take significant action against major money making programs especially now that the Power Five are threatening to break away from the NCAA. What burns me up is that the NCAA punishes the student athletes by taking away their seasons but never punishes rogue universities in nearly as harmful manners. I know that the death penalty hurts the innocent but even the amount of money fined should be astronomically higher and the number of scholarships lost should be crippling if they really wanted to stop cheating. Right now all the NCAA does is hurt players and small schools that don't have the power or money to fight.

Lane Kiffin and USC laughed in the NCAAs face when their punishment was given. Ohio State was barely phased at all by their postseason ban. ADs just schedule a trip to Hawaii for those seasons and keep it moving. Something has to change but I doubt it will.

Following this: I wonder if it could be possible for a team that has a postseason ban to also be punished by saying that any win against them does not count towards the opponent's bowl eligibility, then if a school had a postseason ban the bigger schools wouldn't schedule them for OOC because it brings them no benefit. Thoughts? Probably stupid idea from me but decided to throw it out there. The precedent is already in place with the APR rules.

MarketingBully01
07-29-2014, 11:41 AM
Yeah, whatever. They are so full of shit. The fact that they are going to clear Tee Shepard for Ole Miss tells you all you need to know. A guy who had a 5% chance to get in and had to pass 20+ hours just to become eligible is going to play for Ole Miss this year and flipped from us to them on signing day without officially visiting or unofficially visiting their campus. If there aren't any red flags that go up with that recruitment, I don't know what would red flag a recruitment. The NCAA is full of shit and will let everyone get away with anything until proven otherwise. The only way they get a sliver of respect back from me is if they deny Shepard admittance with the NCAA clearinghouse.

RougeDawg
07-29-2014, 11:48 AM
I'd be willing to bet that at least one, if not more, infractions will be handed out to our confederate neighbors. Everyone kept saying their investigation(s) were over after the CJ news article came out. Sh*t, his investigation wasn't even over at that time, but everyone refused to listen. OM was set up during these last 2 classes to solidify an argument of continued improprieties across multiple classes. They were just dumb and arrogant enough to think they wouldn't get caught and/or penalized. Why do you think they have so many rats unhappy and jumping ship? Why hasn't Bucky been landing these highly sought after recruits at the end of last recruiting season and all this year? There's no coincidence why their recruiting tactics fell off dramatically right after all of the rumors and articles surfaced, yet the NCAA's only reply was "We cannot comment on any pending or ongoing investigations." Some of you fell into the bear spin cycle machine that all was written off. Maybe that's why they cant release those 31 letters. They are part of the investigation. We do know that OM got a letter of notice from the NCAA a few months back stating that they were still being looked into and that disciplinary actions would be coming. Everyone wrote that off as well, because you fell into the bear spin cycle.

FISHDAWG
07-29-2014, 11:50 AM
I'd be willing to bet that at least one, if not more, infractions will be handed out to our confederate neighbors. Everyone kept saying their investigation(s) were over after the CJ news article came out. Sh*t, his investigation wasn't even over at that time, but everyone refused to listen. OM was set up during these last 2 classes to solidify an argument of continued improprieties across multiple classes. They were just dumb and arrogant enough to think they wouldn't get caught and/or penalized. Why do you think they have so many rats unhappy and jumping ship? Why hasn't Bucky been landing these highly sought after recruits at the end of last recruiting season and all this year? There's no coincidence why their recruiting tactics fell off dramatically right after all of the rumors and articles surfaced, yet the NCAA's only reply was "We cannot comment on any pending or ongoing investigations." Some of you fell into the bear spin cycle machine that all was written off. Maybe that's why they cant release those 31 letters. They are part of the investigation. We do know that OM got a letter of notice from the NCAA a few months back stating that they were still being looked into and that disciplinary actions would be coming. Everyone wrote that off as well, because you fell into the bear spin cycle.

IT's COMING ????

starkvegasdawg
07-29-2014, 11:55 AM
Bucky's incisors are in warp speed working as paper shredders right now.
http://www.dragracecentral.com/stories/photos_go_here_08/pr/beavershredding.jpg

RougeDawg
07-29-2014, 11:57 AM
IT's COMING ????

I will tell that I know for a fact the NCAA was still investigating the CJ deal even after that article amongst many other allegations of cheating through 3-4 classes. It's pretty much the same boosters, using the same recruiting patterns and techniques, every year. When you've gotten away with doing something for so long, why would you change up your tactics? They were(are) arrogant and complacent, but have had to dial it way back the last 18 months, since they were informed about the NCAA's investigations(s).

sandwolf
07-29-2014, 12:01 PM
We do know that OM got a letter of notice from the NCAA a few months back stating that they were still being looked into and that disciplinary actions would be coming.

When did this happen?

FISHDAWG
07-29-2014, 12:09 PM
Bucky's incisors are in warp speed working as paper shredders right now.
http://www.dragracecentral.com/stories/photos_go_here_08/pr/beavershredding.jpg
^^^ missing e-mails ^^^

starkvegasdawg
07-29-2014, 12:28 PM
When did this happen?

We didn't know. You and others may know but I didn't. Not saying you are full of BS. I sincerely hope you are right. Would love to know some details as I am sure others would too.

thf24
07-29-2014, 12:34 PM
We do know that OM got a letter of notice from the NCAA a few months back stating that they were still being looked into and that disciplinary actions would be coming. Everyone wrote that off as well, because you fell into the bear spin cycle.

Um, are you referring to the letter that turned out to be a fake produced by Bear trolls?

RougeDawg
07-29-2014, 02:04 PM
Um, are you referring to the letter that turned out to be a fake produced by Bear trolls?

No. Around the CJ article that came out they were informed. They released the statement saying they had investigated it internally and found no wrongdoing but could not comment further. That's when the OM faithful started singing "nothing to see here, CJ's in the clear."

HereComesTheSpiral
07-29-2014, 02:13 PM
Following this: I wonder if it could be possible for a team that has a postseason ban to also be punished by saying that any win against them does not count towards the opponent's bowl eligibility, then if a school had a postseason ban the bigger schools wouldn't schedule them for OOC because it brings them no benefit. Thoughts? Probably stupid idea from me but decided to throw it out there. The precedent is already in place with the APR rules.

So are you saying every school that scheduled USC and Ohio State shouldnt have those games count?

starkvegasdawg
07-29-2014, 02:20 PM
No. Around the CJ article that came out they were informed. They released the statement saying they had investigated it internally and found no wrongdoing but could not comment further. That's when the OM faithful started singing "nothing to see here, CJ's in the clear."

I have no first hand knowledge of anything on his recruitment other than what I have read on MSU and TSUN message boards and the CL. However, that being said, he 17ing admitted he was bought and paid for. How this is not the biggest slam dunk case is beyond me. I didn't even have to stay in a Holiday Inn Express last night to know he was bought.

1. In response to being questioned and accused of being bought by TSUN with reports of his mom getting a 100K/year job he responds by saying if his mom had a job like that he would not be driving whatever POS vehicle he had at the time.
2. As soon as his name dries on the LOI he tweets out a picture of a Z71 that he got after he returned the Range Rover because it had too many miles. Now, what changed between that tweet saying he mom is dirt poor to his tweet showing off the $30K+ truck? Publisher's Clearing House show up at their front door with a camera crew, buttload of balloons, and an oversized check?
3. They admit that his mom bought several thousand dollars worth of furniture and paid cash. Again, what changed between the dirt poor tweet and this purchase? Was it Ed McMahon that paid a visit this time? We should all be so lucky.

I would just like to see them give a logical explanation of just these points. Hell, if they can explain that away I would be willing to let anything else slide if I were an NCAA investigator.

Covercorner2
07-29-2014, 02:21 PM
http://nebraska.247sports.com/Bolt/Pelini-on-Stringfellow-Read-between-the-lines-29917069