PDA

View Full Version : Disdain - East Division

FISHDAWG
07-29-2014, 08:32 AM
maybe this side will see a little more parity than the west.

chainedup_Dawg
07-29-2014, 08:41 AM
I thought about voting Florida but ultimately decided on TN. I spent my teenage years and into my twenties in and around Nashville. Those fans are extremely obnoxious. We lived in a gated community, very nice neighborhood. Had a guy that lived across the street that never attended TN, never had kids that attended TN, yet come football season, the guy had orange and white pom poms stuck in the ground lining his flowerbeds and around his trees. Come game day they would leave out in their suv with all windows lined with pom poms and had over 13 magnets on their suv. Just completely obnoxious and that is how the majority of their fan base is. I had a TN fan argue with me that their baseball program was better than ours!?

engie
07-29-2014, 08:45 AM
Florida -- and it doesn't have a dang thing to do with football...

gtowndawg
07-29-2014, 08:59 AM
I still don't think they appreciate the gift they've been given. A&M gets it, Missouri, not so much.

PassInterference
07-29-2014, 09:00 AM
UGA. Mike Heing had them beat until our LT blocked down and let the DE run in there unmolested to sack him right before Heing could throw it to an open guy in the endzone.

The Croomers played them good in Starkville too, but DJ Shockley threaded the needle on 3rd down time after time after time.

Almost upset them when Hershel Walker was playing.

Too many near-upsets against those guys, but they've always made that one extra play or had that one superstar that gets them over the hump.

I'm tempted to pick Tennessee just because DeVinner lives in that state. And because they stole Jason Croom from us.

CadaverDawg
07-29-2014, 09:11 AM
I hate TN in football and bc of their fans...

But O'Sullivan and the Gator baseball team helped make my decision easy. Florida.

BulldogBear
07-29-2014, 09:27 AM
Tennessee!!!! I'm loving these lean years they're having!

Honestly, I don't hold much against East teams per say. As I've seen State be an underdog most of my life, I have a heart for other underdogs everywhere. So, I tend to favor Vandy and Kentucky (football, no roundball). I hated Florida when Spurrier was there, but when he came back from the NFL a bit humbler I actually grew to like him. I haven't much worse experience with UT folks than any other Easterlings necessarily but I kind see Vol nation as #2 offender in the cowbell controversy behind Auburn. Let me explain:

At Neyland, they pump crowd noise from microphones through speakers and amplify. There are no people inside those speakers therefore THEY ARE ARTIFICIAL NOISEMAKERS. This is a hypocrisy that has always pissed me off. The whole cowbell issue is about one thing and one thing only... Whining about losing to MSU. Taking any issue with the cowbell at all by other conference members was simply childish. In the realm of: "Wah! Wah! Wah! We lost. Well, we're gonna get you mfers! No cowbells! How you like that!!!"

spiritual_machine2005
07-29-2014, 09:29 AM
Tenn. when I was growing up, the pastor at my church was a huge UT fan. Found ways to work UT into his sermons. It was kind of annoying and he always wore orange ties. I remember once back in the early 90's, Memphis upset UT and the congregation let him have it!

DawgHouseUnited
07-29-2014, 10:10 AM
TN. I went to the SECCG in 98- frat brother's family got us tickets, but they were in a block of TN fans. Drunk & obnoxious aren't descriptive enough, and I clearly remember one drunk guy really REALLY groping his girlfriend in front of us.

LC Dawg
07-29-2014, 10:32 AM
I haven't had much interaction with East fans but I guess the worst would be Tennessee at the SEC championship game. They were pretty obnoxious afterwards even though we played them pretty evenly most of the game. Also, hearing Rocky Top every two minutes gets old quickly. It doesn't bother me that they've hit on some lean years.

Original48
07-29-2014, 10:36 AM
Tennessee. They are Alabama...but not.

DownwardDawg
07-29-2014, 10:43 AM
I picked Florida due to baseball. I don't hate any of them really.

Pollodawg
07-29-2014, 10:56 AM
Kentucky for me. They honestly still expect to beat us every year.......

FISHDAWG
07-29-2014, 10:59 AM
I still don't think they appreciate the gift they've been given. A&M gets it, Missouri, not so much.

gtowndawg on an island with Missouri ... looks like no one has a problem with Vandy - understandable

MarketingBully01
07-29-2014, 11:33 AM
maybe this side will see a little more parity than the west.

I'm going with Tennessee because they are assholes.

ShotgunDawg
07-29-2014, 11:36 AM
I'm going with Tennessee because they have bought a few recruits from us.

FISHDAWG
07-29-2014, 11:45 AM
have to admit that Kentucky is surprising ... who would take their fans seriously ?

Dawgbite
07-29-2014, 11:45 AM
Obviously you guys have never been to the SECBB tournament and tried to eat a nice dinner while a bunch of blue clad hillbillies stood on the adjoining table screaming "WILDCATS, WILDCATS" !

CadaverDawg
07-29-2014, 12:33 PM
Obviously you guys have never been to the SECBB tournament and tried to eat a nice dinner while a bunch of blue clad hillbillies stood on the adjoining table screaming "WILDCATS, WILDCATS" !

I forgot what sport was played at the tourney you're referencing*

Dawg61
07-29-2014, 12:38 PM
It is night and day difference in disdain I have for West teams compared to East teams. We play the East every year in all sports but yet it doesn't matter because of football. I hate the West teams with a passion.

Dawgbite
07-29-2014, 02:11 PM
I forgot what sport was played at the tourney you're referencing*

They were playing Basketball, We were playing Fart, Stumble and Fall that particular year.

sleepy dawg
07-29-2014, 05:13 PM
I used to hate Florida more than any team in the country because of Steve Spurrier.
Just because he's not beating everyone by mercy rule anymore doesn't mean he's changed. Just because he's old and not dominant doesn't mean I don't still want to bash his face in with a shovel.... so South Carolina is mine.

FISHDAWG
07-29-2014, 05:19 PM
well articulated

BulldogDX55
07-29-2014, 05:24 PM
I went with Kentucky because football wise, I don't really hate anyone in the east, but oh man, Basketball.

CadaverDawg
07-29-2014, 05:34 PM
They were playing Basketball, We were playing Fart, Stumble and Fall that particular year.

+1

Dawg61
07-29-2014, 06:09 PM
I used to hate Florida more than any team in the country because of Steve Spurrier.
Just because he's not beating everyone by mercy rule anymore doesn't mean he's changed. Just because he's old and not dominant doesn't mean I don't still want to bash his face in with a shovel.... so South Carolina is mine.

http://i.imgur.com/VGFB70q.gif

dogshiek
07-29-2014, 06:34 PM
I really held a grudge against the Vols for many years, because they fired Johnny Majors while he was in the hospital.
Phat Phil's floundering and Lane's incompetence made it all better. Gators are the Black Bears of the East, therefore UF got my vote.

Dawgcentral
07-29-2014, 07:21 PM
I voted Florida, and it wasn't even close.

It's the fans mostly. But they have other issues down there. That don't know how to count votes. If you've vacationed there you know they have no hospitality. They dump urine on opposing fans. They were a drunken mess when Tebow came to Starkville.

I could go on, but one last thing. If you wear a visor and it makes your hair six inches taller, you might check the mirror before you leave the house.

DawgPoundtheRock
07-29-2014, 07:48 PM
First post guys. I voted for Tennessee. If you lived here you would understand why. They are as delusional as OM fans and as arrogant/obnoxious as Auburn fans. I went to an OM-UT game several years ago at Neyland, and by half-time found my self pulling for OM. That's how bad it is.

Dawg61
07-29-2014, 07:57 PM
First post guys. I voted for Tennessee. They are as delusional as OM fans and as arrogant/obnoxious as Auburn fans.

True story. Welcome to the board too.

FISHDAWG
07-29-2014, 08:03 PM
I have only been to only one game at Gainesville and yes it was 2001 when we got blown out but we were treated well by most of the fans I came across (even before the game started)... in fact invited to several tailgates ... after the game we were treated with sympathy and not in a condoning manner ... so my experience was a good one ... I still voted for UF because I ran into several belligerent obnoxious ones in Starkville last time they were here ... Tennessee def comes close but much like bama fans they were just ignorant and warranted pity more than scolding

Dawgpile
07-29-2014, 08:12 PM
Easy vote for Tennessee.... I live in Nashville

Sidewalk UT fans are horrible, and the graduates aren't much better. ETA: I have absolutely loved the fact they've been down the last few years too. It makes life tolerable.

archdog
07-29-2014, 08:38 PM
Tennessee!!!! I'm loving these lean years they're having!

Honestly, I don't hold much against East teams per say. As I've seen State be an underdog most of my life, I have a heart for other underdogs everywhere. So, I tend to favor Vandy and Kentucky (football, no roundball). I hated Florida when Spurrier was there, but when he came back from the NFL a bit humbler I actually grew to like him. I haven't much worse experience with UT folks than any other Easterlings necessarily but I kind see Vol nation as #2 offender in the cowbell controversy behind Auburn. Let me explain:

At Neyland, they pump crowd noise from microphones through speakers and amplify. There are no people inside those speakers therefore THEY ARE ARTIFICIAL NOISEMAKERS. This is a hypocrisy that has always pissed me off. The whole cowbell issue is about one thing and one thing only... Whining about losing to MSU. Taking any issue with the cowbell at all by other conference members was simply childish. In the realm of: "Wah! Wah! Wah! We lost. Well, we're gonna get you mfers! No cowbells! How you like that!!!"
Last time we played at Alabama they did the same thing. Piped in crowd noise. Funniest thing, they should pump in croud noise when they are singing the Alma Mater. Bone dead silence. I thought aomeone died.

BulldogBear
07-29-2014, 09:16 PM
Okay, so finally someone hated Vandy. Whomever hates and voted for the tugboat captains please comment on why. I've got to hear this.

Dawgpile
07-29-2014, 09:53 PM
I understand the Vandy disdain. REAL Vandy fans are universally elitist; old-school, Tennessee-born the worst.