PDA

View Full Version : Last yrs game against USCe

preachermatt83
07-28-2014, 09:16 PM
If there was ever a game that we just flat out gave away it was that one. I have been re-watching a lot of last years games and this one just makes me sick. We were better than they were.. Turnovers killed us.

preachermatt83
07-28-2014, 09:17 PM
Stonehands Morrow showed zero effort in the game at any point.

MetEdDawg
07-28-2014, 09:20 PM
I thought we were better than TAMU but our defense couldn't stop a 3rd down to save their lives. I mean you put up 41 on a team with our defense and you expect to win. But we gave up more 3rd and 10+ yards in that game than maybe the rest of the season combined. I mean it was ridiculous watching Manziel escape the pressure we put on him (and we did put him under a lot of pressure) and continue to make plays down field. We should have won that game.

But I agree with you on SC. That was a very winnable game. Also add that if we make that FG against LSU that game stays interesting and they don't blow us out 4th quarter.

Barking 13
07-28-2014, 09:29 PM
where are you guys watching the games? you have them recorded?

RC3
07-28-2014, 09:33 PM
Need to just turn those close games into wins this year and everything else will work itself out

spiritual_machine2005
07-28-2014, 09:33 PM
Youtube has a lot of full gamed

preachermatt83
07-28-2014, 09:35 PM
yea im watching them on Youtube... I lost all my recordings when we upgraded our dish service to the hopper deal...

Btw, Our O-Line sucked it up something awful in this game.

War Machine Dawg
07-28-2014, 09:53 PM
Hard for me to bitch to much about that game, knowing what we know now about Dak's mother. But to be fair, Mullen should've pulled him and gone to TR or D-Will after he got off to such a terrible start. Love the effort, but sometimes a kid's mind just isn't on the game. No shame at all in, under those circumstances. But as a coach, you gotta do what gives your team the best chance to win.

War Machine Dawg
07-28-2014, 09:55 PM
I thought we were better than TAMU but our defense couldn't stop a 3rd down to save their lives. I mean you put up 41 on a team with our defense and you expect to win. But we gave up more 3rd and 10+ yards in that game than maybe the rest of the season combined. I mean it was ridiculous watching Manziel escape the pressure we put on him (and we did put him under a lot of pressure) and continue to make plays down field. We should have won that game.

But I agree with you on SC. That was a very winnable game. Also add that if we make that FG against LSU that game stays interesting and they don't blow us out 4th quarter.

I have two words: Johnny. Football. We scored too fast at the end. How many times have we seen him engineer game winning drives in the last 2-3 minutes the last 2 seasons? If you're going to beat aTm, you've gotta leave almost no time on the clock or that guy will beat you with the last possession. I'm glad he's gone.

preachermatt83
07-28-2014, 10:20 PM
Hard for me to bitch to much about that game, knowing what we know now about Dak's mother. But to be fair, Mullen should've pulled him and gone to TR or D-Will after he got off to such a terrible start. Love the effort, but sometimes a kid's mind just isn't on the game. No shame at all in, under those circumstances. But as a coach, you gotta do what gives your team the best chance to win.

I agree... that was the only game all year in which Dak was just obviously not there mentally... and rightfully so.

HereComesTheSpiral
07-28-2014, 10:23 PM
I have two words: Johnny. Football. We scored too fast at the end. How many times have we seen him engineer game winning drives in the last 2-3 minutes the last 2 seasons? If you're going to beat aTm, you've gotta leave almost no time on the clock or that guy will beat you with the last possession. I'm glad he's gone.

Blocked punt and a 30 second td drive killed the TAMU game, but they were also a few shitty passes from putting 70 on us.

bluelightstar
07-28-2014, 10:54 PM
The A&M game was 51-27 at one point. I don't think we were particularly close to winning that one.

Pollodawg
07-29-2014, 10:50 AM
With the exception of three turnovers, Dak smoked that game. He outplayed their QB in almost every facet. And this was on the road. He completed well over half of his passes for over 200 yards. Same at Auburn. There was a time I would have jumped for joy had you told me an MSU qb played that respectably on the road. Sad isn't it?

thunderclap
07-29-2014, 11:00 AM
We lost 19 points on special teams against A&M. This is what scares the hell outta me about this year.

FISHDAWG
07-29-2014, 11:01 AM
we looked like a deer in the headlights that game ... one of the few that I have deleted from my DVR

ETA - talking about the SC game ^^^