PDA

View Full Version : Chris Stamps

Pokerdawg44
07-28-2014, 04:04 PM
Our cb commit out of Vicksburg. Its a shame hes NR on scout. Hes got offers from Louisville, wa st, ky, ul laf, and la tech. 6'0 175 with long arms. His video looks great. Really excited about this guy. I think hes got potential to play football for a looooooooong time. Ive heard he hasn't been doing much camping and staying under the radar. If you haven't watched his video yet then check it out.

ShotgunDawg
07-28-2014, 04:11 PM
Yup, this is the problem. It isn't that Bama and LSU players get a bump, it's that they actually get evaluated

Pokerdawg44
07-28-2014, 04:12 PM
Darrien Mcnair out of fl seems to be under the radar but man I love his video too. He can really come up and knock your dick in the dirt. I rem fl offering but so far we've kept him on board. Really hope he sticks. Hes another one NR on scout.

Bo Darville
07-28-2014, 04:16 PM
In Scout's defense, Stamps was evaluated. They evaluate and award stars. They also rank players, which is separate from stars. They are not running the rankings as deep this year. They said it was because it was kinda stupid to have 2 wideouts (both 3 stars) with one ranked 188 and the other ranked 197. That is because you can't really tell a difference between the 188th best wideout and the 197th best wideout.

It's like awarding all 119 football teams a star rating, but then only ranking the top 25. That is because sometimes it is hard to tell the difference in the #68 football team and the #69 football team. So you give both teams a 3-star assignment and move on.

Pokerdawg44
07-28-2014, 04:18 PM
Yup, this is the problem. It isn't that Bama and LSU players get a bump, it's that they actually get evaluated

I wonder if its in our best interest keeping some of these guys under the radar. Chris Jones blowing up did nothing but give us all a huge headache and a player is going to have the same career at msu rather hes a 2 star or 5 star.

Leroy Jenkins
07-28-2014, 04:41 PM
I wonder if its in our best interest keeping some of these guys under the radar. Chris Jones blowing up did nothing but give us all a huge headache and a player is going to have the same career at msu rather hes a 2 star or 5 star.

I agree with this logic...... to an extent. A problem MAY arise though, if kids perceives they will get less recognition for signing with MSU. The other side of the coin is I want those who deserve the recognition to get it.