PDA

View Full Version : Boise State

justwin
07-28-2014, 02:29 PM
returns their best QB, best RB, and best WR this year.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/player/_/id/504908/grant-hedrick

http://espn.go.com/college-football/player/_/id/517330/jay-ajayi

http://espn.go.com/college-football/player/_/id/504915/matt-miller

Seems like when BSU went with the dual threat Hedrick the latter half of the season full time, all 3 of the guys started really producing on offense.

BSU scored 37.5 points / game last year. OM gave up 23.7. So, a two td swing.

BSU gave up 24.8 pts/ game last year. OM scored 30 / game. Under a td swing.

Seems like the new coach, Harsin, is a younger version of Peterson. http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/10118356/bryan-harsin-head-coach-boise-state-broncos

justwin
07-28-2014, 02:33 PM
I lied..BSU actually returns their top 2 rushers in both Hedrick & Ajayi. They also return their top 2 WRs as well. Here's the other one.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/player/_/id/531761/shane-williams-rhodes

Miller caught 88 passes while Rhodes hauled in 77 passes ~ nice.

RougeDawg
07-28-2014, 02:41 PM
That's why I don't understand why everyone is pencilling Boise in as a bear W. Boise is a decent team and could very well win this one. Boise will score on them, i just don't know what Boise has coming back on defense.

FISHDAWG
07-28-2014, 02:44 PM
That's why I don't understand why everyone is pencilling Boise in as a bear W. Boise is a decent team and could very well win this one. Boise will score on them, i just don't know what Boise has coming back on defense.

no way I'm erasing that as a bear win ... BS just doesn't have enough guns

msstate7
07-28-2014, 02:46 PM
no way I'm erasing that as a bear win

I think BSU will need some help in the form of turnovers. Lucky for Boise, Bo is OM's qb

RougeDawg
07-28-2014, 02:48 PM
no way I'm erasing that as a bear win ... BS just doesn't have enough guns

Neither did Jacksonville State but we all know what happened in that opener.

Esmerelda Villalobos
07-28-2014, 02:50 PM
It will come down to bsu's offensive line. I have no idea what they have there.

msstate7
07-28-2014, 02:52 PM
It will come down to bsu's offensive line. I have no idea what they have there.

Look for lots of misdirection. Lil Kim over pursued quite often last year and I'm sure BSU will want to use his aggressiveness against him

HancockCountyDog
07-28-2014, 02:59 PM
I just did a google search and this is the most in depth analysis I think you will find about Boise going into the spring.

http://blogs.idahostatesman.com/live-chat-boise-state-spring-football-recap/

It looks like they have problems on the OL. Only 21 starts returning, and they are moving their RG (13 starts) to center, meaning there will be roughly 4 new starters at new positions. They only return 1 starter on the DL as well.

That is just a bad matchup for the bears. I think a seasoned DL destroys the bearsharks OL. I think you need a solid OL to hold off their DL and blitz packages. At least on paper, Boise isn't there with the losses on the OL.

Luckily if sunshine is still having PTSD from the Egg Bowl, he will keep Boise in the game.

jumbo
07-28-2014, 03:19 PM
I think Boise will hang around, but I think they will regress without Peterson and the bears will win

PassInterference
07-28-2014, 03:23 PM
I hope Boise runs a statue of liberty play right around Robert Kimdeechy for a walk-off TD.

Johnson85
07-28-2014, 03:35 PM

Because Ole Miss is a decent SEC team. It may be that Boise State is a good team, but for people that aren't very familiar with Boise's team (so basically everybody not on the team or coaching staff), I think the safer bet is to assume they will not beat a decent SEC team.

TrapGame
07-28-2014, 03:37 PM
I think this will be a close game in the first half. The second half will be all OM and my Facebook feed will look like they've won a NC and thus be unbearable for 24 hrs.

Political Hack
07-28-2014, 03:55 PM
the Boise tape will be a glory hole for CDM & Malzahn.

RougeDawg
07-28-2014, 04:11 PM
Because Ole Miss is a decent SEC team. It may be that Boise State is a good team, but for people that aren't very familiar with Boise's team (so basically everybody not on the team or coaching staff), I think the safer bet is to assume they will not beat a decent SEC team.

They were "assumed" to be a decent SEC team after those back to back cotton bowls also, with Heisman hopeful Snead returning. But lost the opening game to a Jacksonville St team that is/was much less talented than this Boise team. I'm Not sold on this OM team for the simple fact that the last two games they played regular season they were shut down offensively, because people have figured out Bucky's gimmicks. Plus OM's OL depth issues are apparently being overlooked.

HancockCountyDog
07-28-2014, 04:42 PM
They were "assumed" to be a decent SEC team after those back to back cotton bowls also, with Heisman hopeful Snead returning. But lost the opening game to a Jacksonville St team that is/was much less talented than this Boise team. I'm Not sold on this OM team for the simple fact that the last two games they played regular season they were shut down offensively, because people have figured out Bucky's gimmicks. Plus OM's OL depth issues are apparently being overlooked.

Snead wasn't with the bears the year they lost to mighty Jacksonville State. Im not sure it would have made a difference though, Snead doesn't play defense.

DownwardDawg
07-28-2014, 04:53 PM

Georgia was a "decent" SEC team when Boise beat them. Not saying Boise will win by any means, but this is the mentality of so many SEC fans. Meanwhile, the SEC goes out and loses some of these games and bowl games every year.

Johnson85
07-28-2014, 04:59 PM

I think by the end of the year, they could have an OL that would make it hard for them to beat Boise State or ULL, but I don't think that will show up in the first game. I think the first game, their paper thin line should still be healthy, their undersized for the SEC D will not only be healthy but it will also not be undersized compared to Boise. I think a team like Boise could cause problems for UM later in the season depending on their injury situation, but I don't think they're going to have a problem with them the first game of the year unless Boise turns out to be a better team than expected.

preachermatt83
07-28-2014, 05:08 PM
ULL is FAR more dangerous of a game for the bears than Boise is.. This is just simply not the same boise team of 3 or 4 years ago. They will give OM a headache but they wont be able to pull it out.

Todd4State
07-28-2014, 05:11 PM
Snead wasn't with the bears the year they lost to mighty Jacksonville State. Im not sure it would have made a difference though, Snead doesn't play defense.

Yeah but they had Masoli. Anyone know what National Park he is working at right now?

At any rate, their defense lost that game for them. They were awful. Who allows a TD on 4th and 30 in OT to FCS school? I mean seriously.

EAVdog
07-28-2014, 05:11 PM
Really depends on just how much Boise can throw into one game. We all have seen their schedule so this one game is really their season. Beat an SEC team and they will live on as a Darkhorse team.

If they have been preparing for Ole Miss for 6 months then it will help to even the talent differential. I'm saying this is a high scoring affair, but I can't see Ole Miss losing.

But if Aaron Morris or Tunsil go down then that changes everything. They are so think on the OL.

RAYn_Man
07-28-2014, 05:28 PM
The worst part about this game is that the delusional Ole Miss fans will hype this win up (if they win) because of Boise's recent success and national attention. But in reality, this is far from the Boise teams of the past.

Political Hack
07-28-2014, 06:18 PM
if OM doesn't win by 4 TDs, they should be worried.

blacklistedbully
07-28-2014, 06:20 PM
The worst part about this game is that the delusional Ole Miss fans will hype this win up (if they win) because of Boise's recent success and national attention. But in reality, this is far from the Boise teams of the past.

Just like with Texas. Texas was a hot mess when OM played them, yet you'll find OM fans talking that win up like it was a NC contender.

BulldogBear
07-28-2014, 07:51 PM
ULL is FAR more dangerous of a game for the bears than Boise is.. This is just simply not the same boise team of 3 or 4 years ago. They will give OM a headache but they wont be able to pull it out.

I also think they may be more likely to take the ULL game off than the Boise State game. Could make it all the more dangerous.

Reason2succeed
07-28-2014, 09:34 PM
As much as I hate TSUN I still don't want to see them lose outside of the SEC because ultimately it hurts our respectability in the end.

msstate7
07-28-2014, 09:36 PM
As much as I hate TSUN I still don't want to see them lose outside of the SEC because ultimately it hurts our respectability in the end.

Whatever. I hope they go 0-12

RougeDawg
07-29-2014, 01:45 PM

My bad. He should've been there but he decided to opt for the CFL draft.

RougeDawg
07-29-2014, 01:54 PM
Whatever. I hope they go 0-12

Yea, I wouldn't shed one tear if they went 0'fer the rest of their existence. I hope they lose their spring game every year.

DownwardDawg
07-29-2014, 02:41 PM

I almost NEVER cheer for other SEC West teams. I hope Boise beats them 65-0.

TrapGame
07-29-2014, 03:48 PM

I hate those bastards. I don't want them to win a damn thing.