PDA

View Full Version : Caban

msstate7
07-28-2014, 08:22 AM
Looks like everyone is predicting him to USCe now. Really hope we get Lewis since we let Caban essentially go.

maroonmania
07-28-2014, 08:33 AM
Reading between the lines it just sounds like our staff is not very high on him. I'm not sure if we would go after him even if we were not to get Lewis. Apparently something missing there that our staff is looking for.

maroonmania
07-28-2014, 08:33 AM
Sorry, double post.

hailmari
07-28-2014, 09:03 AM
Apparently, it was speed. But he looks beast enough in his videos to me. Who knows?

jumbo
07-28-2014, 09:05 AM
Only one more LB spot left for Leo, Derrick Graham and then Caban in that order.

Ifyouonlyknew
07-28-2014, 09:05 AM
When he camped in June he just didn't have what Collins was looking for. He's a good player just didn't fit Collins mold of what he wanted. Right now the LB behind Leo would be Derrick Graham from Florida.

engie
07-28-2014, 09:10 AM
We "passed" on the #12 player in Alabama, got #11 and #13 -- and will have one in the top 10.

Very easily could have #10,11,12,13 from that state. That's exactly how we need to be recruiting...

jumbo
07-28-2014, 09:11 AM
any other year we probably would've take him, but like S our LB board was loaded this cycle

whosyourdawgy
07-28-2014, 10:11 AM
Damn, some of these posts sound Rebelicious! We didn't want him blah, blah, blah. Not smart in my opinion for what that's worth. Just say Damn, we missed out on him and move on.

ShotgunDawg
07-28-2014, 10:26 AM
I think we didn't want Caban because we know we are getting someone else. Also, keep in my mind that both Peters and McClaurin will potentially grow into LBs.

I hate to sound like an Ole Miss fan and say we didn't want him, but I truly believe we have higher guys on the board and one may be a silent commit. However, the difference between what I'm saying and what an Ole Miss fan says is, Ole Miss says they didn't have room for a player because they are holding out for a pipe dream player that have a 2% chance of getting. We we hold out from offering a good player, it's because we already have someone else in the fold.

sandwolf
07-28-2014, 10:57 AM
Damn, some of these posts sound Rebelicious! We didn't want him blah, blah, blah. Not smart in my opinion for what that's worth. Just say Damn, we missed out on him and move on.

I don't know what Paul has been saying about Caban, but I can tell you that for the last couple of months Steve has consistently said that the staff was not sold on his foot speed and that he would need to have a good showing at the Big Dawg Camp in order to get a commitable offer. So its not like everyone has been reporting that he was headed to State and then changed their tune when it started to look like he was leaning towards USCe.

jumbo
07-28-2014, 11:07 AM
I don't know what Paul has been saying about Caban, but I can tell you that for the last couple of months Steve has consistently said that the staff was not sold on his foot speed and that he would need to have a good showing at the Big Dawg Camp in order to get a commitable offer. So its not like everyone has been reporting that he was headed to State and then changed their tune when it started to look like he was leaning towards USCe.

pretty much the same thing

Ifyouonlyknew
07-28-2014, 11:30 AM

We didn't miss out on Caban we moved on after camp. After camp he was still calling us his leader but we slowly started to distance ourselves from him bc he's not what we're looking for. On the other hand we ramped up our pursuit of Derrick Graham after seeing him in person & realizing he's a Gerri Green type freak athlete. Sometimes moving on is just moving on.

maroonmania
07-28-2014, 11:36 AM

Are you serious with this post? Caban is a guy that we've been saying on these boards for weeks now that our coaches weren't sold on for whatever reason. And that has been all at the same time that most of the posters here really would have liked to get him. Its not at all an OM situation where this topic all of a sudden pops up once a player commits to a rival school.

whosyourdawgy
07-28-2014, 12:26 PM
Are you serious with this post? Caban is a guy that we've been saying on these boards for weeks now that our coaches weren't sold on for whatever reason. And that has been all at the same time that most of the posters here really would have liked to get him. Its not at all an OM situation where this topic all of a sudden pops up once a player commits to a rival school.

Yup. Did you see where it says "in my opinion". I don't even care if it's true which it sounds like May be the case. No need to belittle a 17-18 year old kid and for the record the belittling was done very graciously in these posts. Hell if he gets a Gamecock offer, he's a pretty damn good prospect. I'm of the ones that think these recruits read ED and others and none of them want to see this. It's still really early and Caban could blow up his senior year and hell may even reach 5* status. He looks back and thinks about MSU and committing and thinks " I really liked MSU but those bastards on ED said I was too slow that the coaches didn't want me I will show them when I kick their ass as a Gamecock"***. Now that is way extreme I know. But that is the jist of why I don't like saying negative things about recruits we have spent time on even if it's the truth. I don't want it to come back and bite us in the ass. It's my opinion and if ya don't like it. Fine

CadaverDawg
07-28-2014, 12:32 PM
Let's take this conversation to one of the MSU private boards**

Sometimes I really wish we had one, or if we do have one, I wish someone would send me a private invite

breazy
07-28-2014, 12:38 PM
Yup. Did you see where it says "in my opinion". I don't even care if it's true which it sounds like May be the case. No need to belittle a 17-18 year old kid and for the record the belittling was done very graciously in these posts. Hell if he gets a Gamecock offer, he's a pretty damn good prospect. I'm of the ones that think these recruits read ED and others and none of them want to see this. It's still really early and Caban could blow up his senior year and hell may even reach 5* status. He looks back and thinks about MSU and committing and thinks " I really liked MSU but those bastards on ED said I was too slow that the coaches didn't want me I will show them when I kick their ass as a Gamecock"***. Now that is way extreme I know. But that is the jist of why I don't like saying negative things about recruits we have spent time on even if it's the truth. I don't want it to come back and bite us in the ass. It's my opinion and if ya don't like it. Fine

If the recruits are as you say "reading the boards" then they would have seen the 6+ month circle jerk our fans have been having about Caban wondering why our coaches haven't gotten him in the boat. So you can take the self righteous indignation elsewhere as all you've seen in this thread is information from posters originating from what PJ wrote whom is either guessing or has insight from coaches on why Caban isn't a take right now.

whosyourdawgy
07-28-2014, 12:50 PM
Damnation. Y'all are taking this way too serious. I even put like 5 asterisks behind that little diddy. I am sorry for posting that opinion. Cadaver. I'm with u on the private stuff. And I'm sorry for thinking the way I do on this. If others don't think like me, want be the first time and damn sure won't be the last.

maroonmania
07-28-2014, 01:00 PM

Good gracious, nobody is being "belittled", that's ridiculous. Coaches evaluate differently and are looking for certain things in the schemes they run. Just because our coaches are not wowed by him doesn't mean he won't make someone else a great player.