PDA

View Full Version : Counter

EdDawg
07-27-2014, 10:24 PM
This play was our bread and butter with Dixon, but I don't recall us running it much the past two seasons. It may be we just have not run it effectively, however hopefully we will get back to using this play effectively with JRob.

War Machine Dawg
07-27-2014, 10:29 PM
You've just missed it. Plus, Boobie was more exaggerated with his "fake" on the counter than our other RBs. We ran it a good bit last season. Although we did abandon it with TR as QB two seasons ago.

hailmari
07-27-2014, 10:37 PM
It's my bread and butter on NCAA '14, too.

EdDawg
07-27-2014, 10:38 PM
I must have missed it, anyone have a reason why Dixon ran this play so well? Maybe better vision or patience in letting the line pick up their blocks on the pull.

CadaverDawg
07-27-2014, 10:44 PM
I think Robinson will have a big year. Mullen likes to spread the wealth at RB, but I think JRob has the potential to force Mullen to keep him in the game. I think I'm as anxious to see JRob carry the load at RB as I am Dak at QB. We havent had an energetic and charismatic RB since Boobie. JRob has the Boobie swag about him.

And not to change the subject, but does anyone know what Shumpert's 40 time is? He looked awfully slow in all of the replays I've been watching from last year and the spring game. He packs a punch, but I thought he was a little faster. I don't mean it in a bad way, bc we need a bruiser....I'm just wondering if maybe he just appears slower due to longer strides or something?

msstate7
07-27-2014, 10:51 PM
I think Robinson will have a big year. Mullen likes to spread the wealth at RB, but I think JRob has the potential to force Mullen to keep him in the game. I think I'm as anxious to see JRob carry the load at RB as I am Dak at QB. We havent had an energetic and charismatic RB since Boobie. JRob has the Boobie swag about him.

And not to change the subject, but does anyone know what Shumpert's 40 time is? He looked awfully slow in all of the replays I've been watching from last year and the spring game. He packs a punch, but I thought he was a little faster. I don't mean it in a bad way, bc we need a bruiser....I'm just wondering if maybe he just appears slower due to longer strides or something?

I'm hoping that shump looks so slow bc of indecisiveness

CadaverDawg
07-27-2014, 10:56 PM
I'm hoping that shump looks so slow bc of indecisiveness

So he DOES look slow to you too? It's not just me?

msstate7
07-27-2014, 10:59 PM

Yeah I thought he and Wes rea would've been a good race and I was very surprised. I thought shump would be much faster

CadaverDawg
07-27-2014, 11:10 PM
Yeah I thought he and Wes rea would've been a good race and I was very surprised. I thought shump would be much faster

Ha, maybe not Wes Rea slow...but slow.

Must be the hair**

War Machine Dawg
07-27-2014, 11:24 PM

Welcome to the party. Been saying for a year now that Shump doesn't have breakaway speed. Or if he does, he hasn't shown it yet. But it's hard to tell when he goes out of his way to look for a LB to try to truck instead of running to daylight.

EdDawg
07-27-2014, 11:26 PM
He does seem a little slow, however he likes contact and seems to look for it at times rather than running to space.

preachermatt83
07-27-2014, 11:35 PM
where can I watch the spring game?

sandwolf
07-28-2014, 12:00 AM

Its not just you. I always thought he looked really slow too......I just figured that it must be the way he runs or something.

CadaverDawg
07-28-2014, 12:34 AM
where can I watch the spring game?

HailState App or HailState TV

thf24
07-28-2014, 01:00 AM
It's my bread and butter on NCAA '14, too.

Really? I never have much luck with it. It always develops a little awkwardly for me where the pulling block is right in the back's way when he makes the turn, and I lose a little time getting around that. My bread and butter is just abusing the zone read.

hailmari
07-28-2014, 01:46 AM
Yeah, I've played with a few teams where I couldn't run it right. But when it works, it really works. Zone read took some practice, but I can't pass for crap so I had to learn it.

^Just like real life for some teams..