PDA

View Full Version : Dan Uggla

Dawg61
07-27-2014, 08:24 PM
3 errors in 3 games with SF, 0 hits, 3 k's. He's gone full mental. Just had a routine ground ball go right between his legs. Giants fans already booing him.

msstate7
07-27-2014, 08:25 PM
He did get a walk and a run too tonight so he made up for the 1st error.

starkvegasdawg
07-27-2014, 09:06 PM
What are Giants threads doing on an MSU message board?***

HereComesTheSpiral
07-27-2014, 09:50 PM
What are Giants threads doing on an MSU message board?***

Hes just trying to make the braves fans feel better**

War Machine Dawg
07-27-2014, 10:30 PM
Welcome to the Dan Uggla Shit Show Club. We Braves fans sympathize while hysterically laughing our asses off.

msstate7
07-27-2014, 11:16 PM
If the wildcard was today, it'd be giants-braves. I like our chances esp with all the routine groundballs we hit to 2nd.

Dawg61
07-27-2014, 11:27 PM
Giants will make another move at 2b. Uggla is just a bad stop gap till then. Poor dude has just totally lost it. I don't feel all that bad though, he is getting 19 million more.

Dawg61
07-30-2014, 09:29 PM
Dan Uggla was released today after only 4 games and 11 ABs with the Giants. 0 hits, 3 errors and 19 million still to be paid by Braves. Wow

HereComesTheSpiral
07-30-2014, 09:47 PM
Dan Uggla was released today after only 4 games and 11 ABs with the Giants. 0 hits, 3 errors and 19 million still to be paid by Braves. Wow

Hope his money management skills are better than his hitting a ball skills****

War Machine Dawg
07-30-2014, 10:30 PM

Damn, that was fast. Giants GM has bigger balls than Wren.** Then aGAIN, it's easy to have balls when someone else is paying $19 mil to a guy who is sucking harder than a Tijuana hooker and has proven he sucks worse than that over the course of about 3 years.

Dawg61
07-30-2014, 10:37 PM
Damn, that was fast. Giants GM has bigger balls than Wren.** Then aGAIN, it's easy to have balls when someone else is paying $19 mil to a guy who is sucking harder than a Tijuana hooker and has proven he sucks worse than that over the course of about 3 years.

Most frustrating thing to me about Uggla is her pure stubbornness by refusing to try/do anything different at the plate. He just keeps trying to push the square peg through the round hole. He starts letting go of the bat with one hand almost immediately as the bat is half way through the hitting zone. You'd think he'd be willing to try just about anything different because what he's been doing simply isn't working and yet nope nope nope. He just keeps on keeping on with the same shitty approach/stance/swing. When it starts going that bad I'd even try hitting left-handed during batting practice. Something, anything. Maybe he needs a year in Japan. I still think he's got talent he just needs a total brain recall.

War Machine Dawg
07-30-2014, 10:40 PM
Most frustrating thing to me about Uggla is her pure stubbornness by refusing to try/do anything different at the plate. He just keeps trying to push the square peg through the round hole. He starts letting go of the bat with one hand almost immediately as the bat is half way through the hitting zone. You'd think he'd be willing to try just about anything different because what he's been doing simply isn't working and yet nope nope nope. He just keeps on keeping on with the same shitty approach/stance/swing. When it starts going that bad I'd even try hitting left-handed during batting practice. Something, anything. Maybe he needs a year in Japan. I still think he's got talent he just needs a total brain recall.

When it has become as mental as it has with Uggla, you're done. There's no getting it back for him now. You'd need mind wiping technology.

cbrunt29
07-30-2014, 10:52 PM
I've seen some tweets from people saying he has not been not released. Yet.

starkvegasdawg
07-30-2014, 10:55 PM
When it has become as mental as it has with Uggla, you're done. There's no getting it back for him now. You'd need mind wiping technology.

Avery, Wohlers, Rocker, and now Uggla. Four Braves that went cuckoo for cocoa puffs while wearing the uniform.

cbrunt29
07-30-2014, 10:57 PM
Yeah guys, Chris Haft, a beat writer for the Giants, said that Dan's still with the team as of now.

War Machine Dawg
07-30-2014, 10:58 PM
Avery, Wohlers, Rocker, and now Uggla. Four Braves that went cuckoo for cocoa puffs while wearing the uniform.

That's not fair to Avery. He lost it due to injury. And **** Jim Leyritz for Wohlers. Might as well and go ahead and put BJ Upton on the bat shit crazy list, too.

Dawg61
07-30-2014, 11:19 PM
Yeah guys, Chris Haft, a beat writer for the Giants, said that Dan's still with the team as of now.

Sure enough he hasn't been released yet. Not cool whoever broke the story that he was without that being true.

"The Giants are likely to release second baseman Dan Uggla in the coming days.
A report surfaced Wednesday that the team had already cut ways with the struggling infielder, but Uggla remains a member of the Giants for now. He likely won't be for too much longer, though, as sources have indicated to the San Francisco Chronicle's Henry Schulman that Uggla will be cut loose soon. Uggla is 0-for-11 with six strikeouts and three errors through four games with the club"

FISHDAWG
07-31-2014, 08:27 AM
negative ... reported this am that he has not been released as of July 31

FISHDAWG
07-31-2014, 10:05 AM
Giants ... major backfire ... never mind, can't post video

cbrunt29
08-01-2014, 01:50 PM
The Giants cut Dan this morning.

Dawg61
08-01-2014, 02:04 PM
The Giants cut Dan this morning.

Ha this guy gets cut every other day

cbrunt29
08-01-2014, 02:08 PM
Ha this guy gets cut every other day

I don't feel too bad for him. The Braves owe him $19 million so he won't struggle.