PDA

View Full Version : Ran across this little jewel. No way we're not a top 5 SEC DL......NONE.......

Saltydog
07-26-2014, 10:22 AM
Much less worse than UM.........For all the wooly articles I've seen out there, there are a lot not giving us much respect and historically we seem to do better when that's the case.......

http://247sports.com/Article/Best-defensive-lines-in-the-SEC-for-the-2014-football-season-29830903

msstate7
07-26-2014, 10:30 AM
We were the best defense in the sec by the end of the year IMO. No way we're outside top 3.

DownwardDawg
07-26-2014, 10:46 AM
Garbage article. Zero research. Ask Auburn if we struggled against the run. Ask ole miss if we struggled on defense. I remember the same thing being said about us by another idiot right before the bowl game. "MSU struggles stopping the run and Rice is a heavy running team". I laughed at that then watched as we completely shut down the run once again.

engie
07-26-2014, 11:00 AM
We were 66th in yards/rush last year. That's obviously got(and going) to improve this year, but statistically I can understand why they ranked us down a little bit. Now, we faced a tough rushing schedule last year as well. In terms of adjusted stats, we were #22 in this regard. We were also not a great TFL or Sack D last year. #93 in sacks and #63 in TFL. Both need improvement to be considered an elite DL...

Todd4State
07-26-2014, 12:04 PM
Our stats are probably skewed by the Oklahoma State game, LSU game, and Johnny Manziel.

Todd4State
07-26-2014, 12:06 PM
We were 66th in yards/rush last year. That's obviously got(and going) to improve this year, but statistically I can understand why they ranked us down a little bit. Now, we faced a tough rushing schedule last year as well. In terms of adjusted stats, we were #22 in this regard. We were also not a great TFL or Sack D last year. #93 in sacks and #63 in TFL. Both need improvement to be considered an elite DL...

You know what would help with both of those? Playing Chris Jones at DE. That would allow us to get PJ Jones and Nick James on the field all at the same time as well.

Won't happen though.

Maroons
07-26-2014, 12:33 PM
You know what would help with both of those? Playing Chris Jones at DE. That would allow us to get PJ Jones and Nick James on the field all at the same time as well.

I disagree with this. Would much rather have an elite DT causing disruption up the middle.

engie
07-26-2014, 01:35 PM
Our stats are probably skewed by the Oklahoma State game, LSU game, and Johnny Manziel.

We actually held aTm under 100 yards total rushing...

War Machine Dawg
07-26-2014, 01:46 PM
I disagree with this. Would much rather have an elite DT causing disruption up the middle.

This man knows what he's talking about. But there will be some situations where we'll see CJ at DE, I think. The fact is, we're ridiculously deep on the DL. Maybe the deepest we've been since '99.

BossDawg
07-26-2014, 04:40 PM
Ask ole miss if we struggled on defense. I remember the same thing being said about us by another idiot right before the bowl game. "MSU struggles stopping the run and Rice is a heavy running team".

Exactly.

Sour grapes? Maybe. But it really just boggles my mind. I'm truly dumbfounded as to how OM somehow finds themselves being put in lists like these, only to have quite the opposite outcome before or by the end of the season.