PDA

View Full Version : Fred and Fred

preachermatt83
07-25-2014, 11:26 PM
We are all talking up Bear and Jameon when it comes to our receivers and they will likely be our two leading guys. They are both great but I really expect Fred Ross and Fred Brown to have really stellar years for us. Have been watching some of their film from when we were recruiting them and man they can flat out bring it. Ross is an absolute freak of an athlete.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/460788/highlights/28760374

msstate7
07-26-2014, 08:36 AM
I'm excited to see christy as well

MarketingBully01
07-26-2014, 01:08 PM
We are all talking up Bear and Jameon when it comes to our receivers and they will likely be our two leading guys. They are both great but I really expect Fred Ross and Fred Brown to have really stellar years for us. Have been watching some of their film from when we were recruiting them and man they can flat out bring it. Ross is an absolute freak of an athlete.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/460788/highlights/28760374

I look for our entire unit to improve as a whole. We have in my opinion the best wide receiver coach in the country in Billy Gonzales.

Homedawg
07-26-2014, 01:10 PM
I'm excited to see christy as well

He's going to have a really hard time getting on the field if we stay healthy.

War Machine Dawg
07-26-2014, 01:39 PM
He's going to have a really hard time getting on the field if we stay healthy.

You might be surprised. I know it was just a scrimmage, but he was one of the standouts in the M&W Game. He's big and has ridiculous hands. If nothing else, I could see him playing a big role in the red zone.

Homedawg
07-26-2014, 02:46 PM
You might be surprised. I know it was just a scrimmage, but he was one of the standouts in the M&W Game. He's big and has ridiculous hands. If nothing else, I could see him playing a big role in the red zone.

Maybe so. But I've had several conversations w someone that would know and he's never mentioned in the top 8. He's a fr so it doesn't mean he won't be a good player. And w us playing lots of receivers I'm sure he'll play some. But based on what I'm hearing, can't see it being a lot.

Coach34
07-26-2014, 05:07 PM
Christy has hands worse than Stonehands Morrow. If he catches 3 passes this year I'll be shocked

War Machine Dawg
07-26-2014, 05:11 PM
Christy has hands worse than Stonehands Morrow. If he catches 3 passes this year I'll be shocked

That's not what I saw in person, Coach. He made a ridiculous diving, one handed catch for a TD. I think he's going to be a good player for us at some point. May not be this year due to depth at WR, but in 2-3 years, perhaps.

To get back to the original topic in this thread, I'm a big fan of Fred Brown. I think he could be a breakout player for us offensively this season. He's got all the tools. Just has to keep his emotions in check.

msstate7
07-26-2014, 05:14 PM

I'll take the over.

Thought he was highly thought of...

Homedawg
07-26-2014, 06:09 PM
That's not what I saw in person, Coach. He made a ridiculous diving, one handed catch for a TD. I think he's going to be a good player for us at some point. May not be this year due to depth at WR, but in 2-3 years, perhaps.

To get back to the original topic in this thread, I'm a big fan of Fred Brown. I think he could be a breakout player for us offensively this season. He's got all the tools. Just has to keep his emotions in check.

Now, Fred brown is highly thought of and well talked about. Clearly, you have similar thoughts. This is his breakout year. We agree no doubt.

Political Hack
07-26-2014, 10:59 PM
Christy has some work to do holding on to the ball, but he did have a good spring game. that's a start.

LC Dawg
07-27-2014, 01:29 PM
It's pretty understood that Bear Wilson is going to start and he has a great future but what exactly are we expecting out of him this year? Is it going to be a situation where he is just so good that we can't take him off the field or more of a situation where he creates such mismatches that he has to play a lot even though he's still a little raw. Some of you guys that study film and watch practices probably have some insight on this. What kind of splits should we expect between Wilson, Rojo, Ross, Brown, and Morrow and other outside receivers?

Where'sWaldo
07-27-2014, 01:45 PM
IMO our starting receivers should be Bear, Jameon, and Fred Brown. I would then be ok with Rojo, Ross, and Myles as the backups with Morrow getting reps sparingly. Rojo will more than likely get more reps than I would like because he does all the small things well but he doesn't provide a threat to go over the top and stretch a defense.

Coach34
07-27-2014, 02:20 PM
Starters will be RoJo, Bear, and Tubby- this is a good group. RoJo is physical and more of a possession type WR, Tubby creates problems with his quickness in the middle of the field, and Bear is a physical monster with speed.

2nd group is going to be Brown, Myles, and Ross. This is a very good group of back-ups.

3rd group will be Morrow, Jamoral Graham possibly if he doesnt RS, and Christy if I had to guess. After Game 3, these guys wont see the field much except Morrow

Where'sWaldo
07-27-2014, 02:22 PM
Starters will be RoJo, Bear, and Tubby- this is a good group. RoJo is physical and more of a possession type WR, Tubby creates problems with his quickness in the middle of the field, and Bear is a physical monster with speed.

2nd group is going to be Brown, Myles, and Ross. This is a very good group of back-ups.

3rd group will be Morrow, Jamoral Graham possibly if he doesnt RS, and Christy if I had to guess. After Game 3, these guys wont see the field much except Morrow

I agree with you that Rojo will start but do you think he is more talented than Brown?

Coach34
07-27-2014, 02:43 PM
I agree with you that Rojo will start but do you think he is more talented than Brown?

He blocks better than Brown
He is more physical than Brown
He sight adjusts better than Brown
He runs routes better than Brown

Does he have more speed? No.

War Machine Dawg
07-27-2014, 02:48 PM
IMO our starting receivers should be Bear, Jameon, and Fred Brown. I would then be ok with Rojo, Ross, and Myles as the backups with Morrow getting reps sparingly. Rojo will more than likely get more reps than I would like because he does all the small things well but he doesn't provide a threat to go over the top and stretch a defense.

Crazy talk. RoJo isn't a burner, but that isn't his role. He's our possession WR. It's the job of Tubby, Bear, Brown, etc. to stretch the D. Plus, RoJo is easily our most physical WR right now. Bear is still learning how to be physical as a WR. And most importantly, RoJo is possibly the best run blocking WR on the team. Considering we're a running team, there's no way RoJo shouldn't start. You want that guy out there tying up and beating up DBs, helping create lanes for our RBs & QBs. I'm a big fan of Brown, and think he could be a breakout player this season, but there's no valid reason he should start ahead of RoJo or get more PT than RoJo.

msstate7
07-27-2014, 02:49 PM
He blocks better than Brown
He is more physical than Brown
He sight adjusts better than Brown
He runs routes better than Brown

Does he have more speed? No.

What about hands?

I haven't seen many catches from brown, but he seems to get ball at highest point which I love.

Rojo has seemingly dropped countless passes right in his hands.

As much as we run, blocking is very important though

Where'sWaldo
07-27-2014, 02:59 PM
]He blocks better than Brown--TRUE
He is more physical than Brown--TRUE
He sight adjusts better than Brown---NO WAY. Brown made more catches in the spring game that required adjusting to the ball than Rojo has in his entire career.
He runs routes better than Brown--Possibly but when the defender doesn't respect your ability to run by them those short routes are easier to defend.

Does he have more speed? No.[/QUOTE]

thedawg
07-27-2014, 03:06 PM
I was reading the media guide last week and noticed something interesting... Joe Morrow started 12 out of 13 games for us last year. Bear started the Alabama game.. Not many of our guys consistently started basically every game... I like everyone thinks Bear is better than Joe but they arnt gonna throw Joe away.. I bet they have equal starts by the end of the season barring injury

Coach34
07-27-2014, 03:18 PM
I was reading the media guide last week and noticed something interesting... Joe Morrow started 12 out of 13 games for us last year. Bear started the Alabama game.. Not many of our guys consistently started basically every game... I like everyone thinks Bear is better than Joe but they arnt gonna throw Joe away.. I bet they have equal starts by the end of the season barring injury

starts are midleading. For example, Justin Malone didnt get credit for starts in 3 games his RS season but he played every series after the 1st one that Tobias Smith played. Tobias got the start- played one series, and then didnt play another snap.

Bear has taken the starting position from Morrow- and Joe is fighting with the 2 Fred's for reps now. Joe has the ability- I just dont have any faith he will get develop between the ears enough.

Todd4State
07-27-2014, 03:22 PM
starts are midleading. For example, Justin Malone didnt get credit for starts in 3 games his RS season but he played every series after the 1st one that Tobias Smith played. Tobias got the start- played one series, and then didnt play another snap.

Bear has taken the starting position from Morrow- and Joe is fighting with the 2 Fred's for reps now. Joe has the ability- I just dont have any faith he will get develop between the ears enough.

I thought Morrow was the starting Y receiver for us?

smootness
07-27-2014, 03:43 PM

No, I expect Wilson to be the guy. I think the end of the year was basically Wilson taking his spot.

preachermatt83
07-27-2014, 10:18 PM
who "Starts" at receiver for us really doesn't matter bc the first 6 will rotate regularly. All of them will have multiple opportunities to contribute.

EdDawg
07-27-2014, 10:33 PM
When Dak came in during the Egg Bowl, it was pretty apparent who the go to receiver is outside of Jameon.