PDA

View Full Version : Tunsil's brother

Bully Dee Williams
07-25-2014, 01:26 PM
It's official Tunsil's brother is now a scholarship Reb, though his scholarship is not confirmed (wink, wink)! SMH

This story is too good!

http://on.thec-l.com/1mNaSJu

thf24
07-25-2014, 01:31 PM
Yep. Tunsil, Treadwell, and the Kimcheys own that program.

Alldawg
07-25-2014, 01:37 PM
Would you not give up one extra scholarship to sign what most services thought to be the best LT in the nation? Knock it all you want but I would have done same thing

pdawg10msu
07-25-2014, 01:37 PM
My high school stats were 3 times as good as his. They are straight awful!

Bully Dee Williams
07-25-2014, 01:44 PM
I'm not knocking it. Cool for them! They got a good player out of it.

However, as another poster stated, it does send a message that certain players are bigger than the program. Nine times out of ten, package deals seem to not be as great as they're chalked up to be.

LC Dawg
07-25-2014, 01:45 PM
That's why none of our guys have committable offers from them. They are holding them for the families of the 2013 class.

Alldawg
07-25-2014, 01:52 PM
I'm not knocking it. Cool for them! They got a good player out of it.

However, as another poster stated, it does send a message that certain players are bigger than the program. Nine times out of ten, package deals seem to not be as great as they're chalked up to be.

No doubt, especially with scholarship numbers tight

thf24
07-25-2014, 01:54 PM
Would you not give up one extra scholarship to sign what most services thought to be the best LT in the nation? Knock it all you want but I would have done same thing

No knock on a two player package deal. The significant thing about it is that Tunsil has enough power over them to force them to waste a scholarship AFTER he's already signed and played a year for them.

sandwolf
07-25-2014, 02:56 PM
No knock on a two player package deal. The significant thing about it is that Tunsil has enough power over them to force them to waste a scholarship AFTER he's already signed and played a year for them.

I feel pretty confident that this was agreed upon prior to Tunsil signing with them. Its not like he walked in to Freeze's office in the middle of the season last year and demanded that his brother be given a scholarship offer. Like you said, it was a package deal.

rtdawg
07-25-2014, 05:44 PM
Wow, those stats are really impressive....

Todd4State
07-25-2014, 05:56 PM
At least he's wearing a Cardinals hat.

The difference between our package deals and theirs is we only do them if we legitimately feel that both players have a chance to help us out.