PDA

View Full Version : Dandy #12

Alldawg
07-25-2014, 12:40 PM
Darrell Henderson takes last spot!

thf24
07-25-2014, 12:45 PM
Congrats to him, but I'm not sure why/how they would leave Minshew off for any reason other than plugging in a token OM commit.

hailmari
07-25-2014, 12:49 PM
I wasn't expecting it to be someone I haven't heard of...

Alldawg
07-25-2014, 12:50 PM
You would figure if they were plugging in one it would have been the TE committed.

maroonmania
07-25-2014, 01:56 PM
Congrats to him, but I'm not sure why/how they would leave Minshew off for any reason other than plugging in a token OM commit.

I think you've hit on it. Didn't Hibbler have some issues with his team or coach and quitting or something? I figure they needed a Rebel substitute so they used Henderson. No other real reason he should be included especially over a guy like Minshew.

HancockCountyDog
07-25-2014, 02:02 PM
Henderson deserves it, but so does Minshew to be honest.

Henderson won't sign with an SEC school most likely, but based on his high school production, he deserves to be on the Dandy Dozen, same goes for Minshew.

thf24
07-25-2014, 02:04 PM
I think you've hit on it. Didn't Hibbler have some issues with his team or coach and quitting or something? I figure they needed a Rebel substitute so they used Henderson. No other real reason he should be included especially over a guy like Minshew.

Yeah but it looks at first glance like he's not going to end up at OM. 247 says he doesn't have an offer, and I'm not sure they'd take him even if they end up with an extra scholarship because they already have a ton of scat backs. Maybe despite all that he was their best available option to make an OM-friendly pick as you say though.