PDA

View Full Version : 1980 Bulldogs best ever?

blacklistedbully
07-25-2014, 12:30 PM
I often go back to that season and relive the frustration, as I have long felt this was quite possibly the best team we ever fielded, despite the fact it went 9-3. This team was, IMO, the "gold-standard" of what makes so many of our fans always wait for, "the other shoe to drop".

2 of the 3 losses were more than winnable, UF & Nebraska in the Sun Bowl. I don't remember the specifics of our 6-point loss at UF that year, but do recall those Gators were whipped by 2 teams we beat, LSU & Miami. I do remember coming out against NU gang-busters to start the game, stuffing them defensively and ramming it down their throats on O until a run of t/o's killed us and snow-balled. The other loss was our inexplicable meltdown versus USM, a team that just had our number in those days.

I have always felt we had a better team than all 3 of the teams that beat us that year. That close loss to UF cost us the Sugar Bowl.

Does anybody else think that may have possibly been our best team ever, fully capable of winning a NC had they not, "screwed-the-pooch"?

maroonmania
07-25-2014, 12:55 PM
Question, is that the only team we've ever had, in modern times anyway, to beat Alabama, Auburn, LSU and OM all in the same season?

The Croom Diaries
07-25-2014, 01:04 PM
Question, is that the only team we've ever had, in modern times anyway, to beat Alabama, Auburn, LSU and OM all in the same season?

Yes, because in 1999 we beat all of those except Alabama....and when we were beating LSU we were losing to Bama.

In 1953 we tied Alabama, Ole Miss and Auburn and beat LSU.

In 1941 we beat all of them except LSU who we tied.

In 1940 we beat all of them except Auburn who we tied.

I stopped at 1933 when we joined the SEC as I doubt we ever played all four in one year before that. So 1980 would be the only year to accomplish that feat.

LC Dawg
07-25-2014, 01:30 PM
I often go back to that season and relive the frustration, as I have long felt this was quite possibly the best team we ever fielded, despite the fact it went 9-3. This team was, IMO, the "gold-standard" of what makes so many of our fans always wait for, "the other shoe to drop".

2 of the 3 losses were more than winnable, UF & Nebraska in the Sun Bowl. I don't remember the specifics of our 6-point loss at UF that year, but do recall those Gators were whipped by 2 teams we beat, LSU & Miami. I do remember coming out against NU gang-busters to start the game, stuffing them defensively and ramming it down their throats on O until a run of t/o's killed us and snow-balled. The other loss was our inexplicable meltdown versus USM, a team that just had our number in those days.

I have always felt we had a better team than all 3 of the teams that beat us that year. That close loss to UF cost us the Sugar Bowl.

Does anybody else think that may have possibly been our best team ever, fully capable of winning a NC had they not, "screwed-the-pooch"?

I didn't get to watch the 1980 team in person but I will say that the 1999 team was pretty strong. As far as screwing the pooch I think the 2010 team kind of screwed the pooch. If they had beaten Auburn and Arkansas then they would have been a two loss team in a super strong SEC, which is what a lot of us hope we accomplish this year.

The Croom Diaries
07-25-2014, 01:37 PM
I didn't get to watch the 1980 team in person but I will say that the 1999 team was pretty strong. As far as screwing the pooch I think the 2010 team kind of screwed the pooch. If they had beaten Auburn and Arkansas then they would have been a two loss team in a super strong SEC, which is what a lot of us hope we accomplish this year.

Rather than the 2010 team, which wasn't used to winning, I'd like to substitute the 2000 team for the losses to South Carolina, LSU and Arkansas. And who knows, if we were undefeated we may have played the Egg Bowl differently.

NCDawg
07-25-2014, 03:41 PM
Rather than the 2010 team, which wasn't used to winning, I'd like to substitute the 2000 team for the losses to South Carolina, LSU and Arkansas. And who knows, if we were undefeated we may have played the Egg Bowl differently.

South Carolina, LSU & Arkansas losses in 2000 were ridiculous. We were better than all three of those teams-we appeared to lack motivation against Arkansas and stupid mistakes cost us in the other 2.

BulldogBear
07-25-2014, 03:50 PM

I went to my first game that year (Auburn in Jackson, 24-21 win. Yay!) at seven years old. I consider it my CFB and MSU fandom birth. I remember watching the Sun Bowl with my Dad but not specifics. 1980 is the point from which I can tell you any score, record, and even what our unis looked like if I think about it. Prior to that is when I have to do more reference although I can remember some specifics and generally know when we were good and when not, etc. So, I started off loving the Dawgs in 1980 and was spoiled. Been struggling to catch up ever since.

I would, however, make an argument that 1992 may have or at least had the potential to have been legendary though the record does not show it. It IS marred by the Oxford game, Sleepy's injury, and a 24-3 loss to guess who?????? LSU of course. They were 2-9, and it was the beginning of this 1-22 nonsense versus them as we had beaten them 28-19 the year before in BR. Other than that it felt epic at the time, although I guess the 10-3 win over Arkansas on a scoop and score was lame. Anyway, I always felt the '92 team was one of our strongest ever that just didn't work out. Coming home and turning on the TV to see we were leading Florida 23-6 was just so not what I as a State fan was used to or really expected. This was before the days of keeping up with games on phone and stuff. If you had a prior engagement, you didn't know what was going on. Beating them 30-6 is one of the most satisfying wins of my MSU fandom.

FISHDAWG
07-25-2014, 03:54 PM
that sun bowl was devastating to me ... I had two former team mates from high school on that squad ... Donald Ray King & Ron Harper .... UF was a pisser but the sun bowl required therapy for me

blacklistedbully
07-25-2014, 04:06 PM
that sun bowl was devastating to me ... I had two former team mates from high school on that squad ... Donald Ray King & Ron Harper .... UF was a pisser but the sun bowl required therapy for me

Yep, we gifted that game to them. I don't think I've ever seen a clearer example of momentum shifting so dramatically due to t/o's. For the first few minutes, it looked as though we might even dominate them. Then the wheels just came off the wagon.

dawgman
07-25-2014, 09:32 PM
we didn't have a chinaman's chance at the Sugar Bowl. It was GA all the way or Alabama had we not beat them. We were offered the Florida win after the season and Emory declined.

Martianlander
07-25-2014, 09:44 PM

I was fortunate enough to be there for all of those games. Unfortunately was there for the USM debacle too. We just couldn't get up for them. (Trap game warning for this year's team-don't let down one bit). Yes, I believe that was the best State team I have ever seen. Good offense and great defense.

blacklistedbully
07-25-2014, 10:12 PM
we didn't have a chinaman's chance at the Sugar Bowl. It was GA all the way or Alabama had we not beat them. We were offered the Florida win after the season and Emory declined.

What do you mean, "We were offered the Florida win after the season"?

maroonmania
07-25-2014, 10:12 PM
I was fortunate enough to be there for all of those games. Unfortunately was there for the USM debacle too. We just couldn't get up for them. (Trap game warning for this year's team-don't let down one bit). Yes, I believe that was the best State team I have ever seen. Good offense and great defense.

Interesting in that I was a JR in HS in 1980 and my cousin was a USM student. He invited me to drive to Starkville with him and see the MSU-USM game and I did. So the only MSU game I got to see in person that year was the USM drubbing. Just my luck.

Schultzy
07-25-2014, 10:15 PM
We stuffed Joe Cribbs of auburn at the one yard line on fourth down to preserve victory late in the fourth quarter that year. No one remembers that bc of the bama win the week after. Cribbs started for the Buffalo Bills for years.

FISHDAWG
07-25-2014, 11:44 PM
I was there

cujo
07-26-2014, 07:05 AM
I was in school then and as crazy as it sounds, the '81 team had the chance to be better. As it was, should have gone 10-1 with only loss to Missouri in Jackson early in the season. Lost 17-14 to Bama, game ended on the 6 or 7 yard line; 7-6 to USM, Bond suspended did not play, Moore missed at least one field goal, Southern never crossed midfield offensively but recovered a muffed punt deep in our territory and scored; 21-17 to Ole Miss and Dick Pace.
Would have been undefeated SEC champs(or maybe co w/UGA).

blacklistedbully
07-26-2014, 08:31 AM
Was the '81 bama game one where their defense yelled out, "Hut-hut" to get our o-lineman to jump pre-snap?

I was a student both those years, as well. Perhaps it's why I've never thought of us as a bad football team. I expected us to win based on how we played in '80 & '81, but did consider us, "snake-bit".

dawgman
07-26-2014, 08:49 AM
What do you mean, "We were offered the Florida win after the season"?

Florida sent assistant coaches to Starkville to spy on us during the week of the game. This was discovered after the regular season and the game was offered to us as a forfeit

Emory refused it saying they beat us on the field.

cujo
07-26-2014, 10:30 AM
No, that was the '91 game, Sherrill's first year. In '81, Bond hit Danny Knight on a crossing route for about 65 yards in the last minute or two down to around the 10 yard line. We couldn't get it in from there and game ended. Could've kicked a game tying FG but there was no OT in those days so Emory went for it all, as he should have. Many forget a TD pass earlier in the game to Glen Young that was called back due to "holding." TV announcers threw their hands up over that call.

bulldawg28
07-26-2014, 10:58 AM
No.

NCDawg
07-26-2014, 11:47 AM
No, that was the '91 game, Sherrill's first year. In '81, Bond hit Danny Knight on a crossing route for about 65 yards in the last minute or two down to around the 10 yard line. We couldn't get it in from there and game ended. Could've kicked a game tying FG but there was no OT in those days so Emory went for it all, as he should have. Many forget a TD pass earlier in the game to Glen Young that was called back due to "holding." TV announcers threw their hands up over that call.

A "holding" call on Pig Prather's punt return also cost us the '99 Alabama game. Replays showed no holding whatsoever.

cujo
07-26-2014, 11:56 AM
As well as the '99 Arkansas game. Smoot returned an INT down inside the 10 but holding call put it way back upfield and we didn't score. Lost 14-9.

NCDawg
07-26-2014, 12:19 PM
Another royal screwing was in the 2000 LSU game when Pig Prather hit LSU's Toefield on the 2 yard line and he fumbled the ball out of the end zone. Should have been our ball on the 20 yard line, yet they gave LSU a TD. Replays clearly showed he fumbled before crossing the goal line.

Todd4State
07-26-2014, 12:19 PM
As well as the '99 Arkansas game. Smoot returned an INT down inside the 10 but holding call put it way back upfield and we didn't score. Lost 14-9.

We also hit a flea flicker for a TD that was called back because of holding as well in that game. Again, replays show no holding either.

Stuff like what we're talking about is why I was in full support of making the officials call out the uniform number of the guilty player. They used to not do that.

Todd4State
07-26-2014, 12:26 PM
I think our 1999 team was better than 1980, but not by much. The reason they were better to me was because they won their bowl game and both of their two losses were close, whereas the 1980 team got blown out by USM.

Our offense wasn't that great in 1999, but they were clutch. I think Wyatt would have done pretty well in a pass first spread, which I think is part of the resaon why he did so well in relief. The offense would have been a lot better if Jackie used Dontae and Dicenzo about twice as much as he did instead of Chris Rainey. The defense was just awesome. Any time anyone scored on us, it was pretty much a fluke. The special teams unit was pretty good also- Westerfield was great although Walker was inconsistent that year even though he wa a good player.

Todd4State
07-26-2014, 12:27 PM
A "holding" call on Pig Prather's punt return also cost us the '99 Alabama game. Replays showed no holding whatsoever.

The SEC was not going to let Jackie win the SEC at MSU.

M.Fillmore
07-26-2014, 01:46 PM
I think it was Carl Maddox that spurned the UF forfeit (although Emory may have requested this to Maddox).
This was an incredibly stupid move as the UF forfeit would have given us a co-SEC title with Georgia.

blacklistedbully
07-26-2014, 03:41 PM
Didn't the tie-breaker rule for Sugar Bowl participation used to be whichever team had not been in the longest?

LC Dawg
07-26-2014, 04:35 PM
I don't know where you guys get all your stats and info from so I can't do it but I think it would be interesting to do a starter vs. starter comparison between the 1980 and 1999 teams just for fun. I'd also be curious to know how many from each team played pro ball.

Todd4State
07-26-2014, 04:57 PM
I don't know where you guys get all your stats and info from so I can't do it but I think it would be interesting to do a starter vs. starter comparison between the 1980 and 1999 teams just for fun. I'd also be curious to know how many from each team played pro ball.

Interesting, but I'm not sure what we could take from it since one team ran the Wingbone and the other was basically a pro-style offense.

LC Dawg
07-26-2014, 05:07 PM
Interesting, but I'm not sure what we could take from it since one team ran the Wingbone and the other was basically a pro-style offense.

Yeah I know it's tricky comparing different styles and different eras but I think it would be interesting to see since those two teams are talked about often as the best State teams. We've got to have something to talk about because August is going to be a loooooooong month.

FISHDAWG
07-26-2014, 07:18 PM

Donald Ray King signed with a USFL team... when that played out he signed with the SD Chargers but injury prevented any playing time ... not sure what ever happened to Haddix - the other RB

dawgman
07-26-2014, 07:38 PM
Didn't the tie-breaker rule for Sugar Bowl participation used to be whichever team had not been in the longest?

That is an urban myth / old wives tale. No such rule ever existed. The only rule like this was the PAC10 / BIG10 agreement with the Rose Bowl.

Dawgowar
07-26-2014, 08:18 PM
Donald Ray King signed with a USFL team... when that played out he signed with the SD Chargers but injury prevented any playing time ... not sure what ever happened to Haddix - the other RB

Haddix was an early pick by the Eagles. Nothing special but he hung around for two or three seasons I think. That team to me was the best because nobody predicted them doing what they did. Beating Bama that year was beyond anything a State fan could imagine. You used to open up your Athlon's in June/July and hope there was a rash of injuries for them come game day. There was just no way to heart a three deep roster that Bear had.

USM just enjoyed a run on us and TSUN that was flat out impressive. They could lose to Tulane but the instant one of us walked into the stadium they became world beaters. Thank goodness for Don Smith - number 15 stuck it to them one year, JWS drove the stake into their heart later.

Not sure why we are playing them now. Inexplicable crap happened whenever we played them. My 'Battered Bulldog Syndrome' will be palpitating and making my stomach churn until I see we are up on them by 21.

FISHDAWG
07-26-2014, 08:29 PM
Haddix was an early pick by the Eagles. Nothing special but he hung around for two or three seasons I think. That team to me was the best because nobody predicted them doing what they did. Beating Bama that year was beyond anything a State fan could imagine. You used to open up your Athlon's in June/July and hope there was a rash of injuries for them come game day. There was just no way to heart a three deep roster that Bear had.

USM just enjoyed a run on us and TSUN that was flat out impressive. They could lose to Tulane but the instant one of us walked into the stadium they became world beaters. Thank goodness for Don Smith - number 15 stuck it to them one year, JWS drove the stake into their heart later.

Not sure why we are playing them now. Inexplicable crap happened whenever we played them. My 'Battered Bulldog Syndrome' will be palpitating and making my stomach churn until I see we are up on them by 21.

yep I remember now ... Haddix went in the first round something like the 8th or ninth pick

Todd4State
07-26-2014, 08:53 PM
Haddix actually played for the Eagles and the Packers until 1990 or so.

cujo
07-26-2014, 08:57 PM
JWS didn't drive the stake in them on the field. The last time we played them, we beat them in 1990. Rockey was the coach.

Todd4State
07-26-2014, 08:57 PM

Yes, but a LOT has changed since the 80's. Don't forget we beat Favre his junior AND senior years.

And believe it or not, Don Smith never won an Egg Bowl.

I think Ole Miss winning over us at that time was a combination of bad recruiting by Bellard and Billy Brewer hating us. He was scared of Jackie though. Urban legend is when he found out we hired Jackie, he went "Oh shit". He knew what was coming.

Todd4State
07-26-2014, 09:02 PM
JWS didn't drive the stake in them on the field. The last time we played them, we beat them in 1990. Rockey was the coach.

Even more reason to have faith that we will beat them.

Coach34
07-26-2014, 09:06 PM
That is an urban myth / old wives tale. No such rule ever existed. The only rule like this was the PAC10 / BIG10 agreement with the Rose Bowl.

not true. That was indeed the rule back in 1980.

drunkernhelldawg
07-26-2014, 09:16 PM
You're right about our losses in 1980. Tough to win em all, but shoulda coulda woulda. They are surely in the top five. I've got to give it to the ten win team, led by the under-appreciated Number 9, as JWS liked to call him. I think this year's team will be the best ever.

blacklistedbully
07-26-2014, 11:32 PM
There were plenty of players from those '80 & '99 teams that made it to the NFL. I believe at least 8 from '80 and at least 10 from '99. You could throw in a few more if we include the '81 team.

dawgman
07-27-2014, 10:02 AM
not true. That was indeed the rule back in 1980.

No such rule was ever in effect. The only place it is ever discussed is MSU fans. It seems to help MSU fan's feelings to think we had a shot at the Sugar Bowl. As someone who actually was at that game, not just claims to have been, the only thing ever discussed at the time was that the forfeit would have given us a co-championship. The non-existent rule has been repeated so many times that many have come to believe it.

Coach34
07-27-2014, 10:09 AM
No such rule was ever in effect. The only place it is ever discussed is MSU fans. It seems to help MSU fan's feelings to think we had a shot at the Sugar Bowl. As someone who actually was at that game, not just claims to have been, the only thing ever discussed at the time was that the forfeit would have given us a co-championship. The non-existent rule has been repeated so many times that many have come to believe it.

The Jackson Daily news had articles on it leading to the end of the season because State was still in the mix for the Sugar.

blacklistedbully
07-27-2014, 03:19 PM
The Jackson Daily news had articles on it leading to the end of the season because State was still in the mix for the Sugar.

And I recall there being a big deal made of the change to that rule later on.

Dawgowar
07-27-2014, 03:58 PM

Thought Jackie had one night game with them AT USM? Oh well, graduated in 85 and went to Europe for 3-4 years. In that time, AFN showed me the highlights of Smith's run vs Tennessee and the scores of all the Egg Bowl's Rocky lost, that was it. Stars and Stripes didn't get you the Saturday night scores until Monday. My mom spent three seasons mailing me tapes of SEC games one or two weeks after the fact. All we got were two or three nationally (cough, Big Ten, Notre Dame, Miami) games each weekend. One channel, one Army. Hooah!

Still, being a young Lieutenant in Europe, single, and just smart enough to not get into trouble was fun - but you have not been a Bulldog fan until you are 3k+ miles from Mississippi and your troops are telling you "It's okay sir, maybe you guys can win some games next year."

Dawgowar
07-27-2014, 04:00 PM
Yes, but a LOT has changed since the 80's. Don't forget we beat Favre his junior AND senior years.

And believe it or not, Don Smith never won an Egg Bowl.

I think Ole Miss winning over us at that time was a combination of bad recruiting by Bellard and Billy Brewer hating us. He was scared of Jackie though. Urban legend is when he found out we hired Jackie, he went "Oh shit". He knew what was coming.

Thankfully a lot has changed. Don is still my favorite. Hope Dak can knock him off that perch.

Schultzy
07-27-2014, 09:34 PM
Another royal screwing was in the 2000 LSU game when Pig Prather hit LSU's Toefield on the 2 yard line and he fumbled the ball out of the end zone. Should have been our ball on the 20 yard line, yet they gave LSU a TD. Replays clearly showed he fumbled before crossing the goal line.

Worst call EVAR! And it was at the three or four!

blacklistedbully
07-28-2014, 12:06 AM
Worst call EVAR! And it was at the three or four!

Sorry, but no. That was really bad, but those who were there KNOW Dick Pace was the worst call ever, BY FAR.

NCDawg
07-28-2014, 12:29 AM
Sorry, but no. That was really bad, but those who were there KNOW Dick Pace was the worst call ever, BY FAR.

I agree. At least the fumble by the LSU back into the endzone was a pretty close call, whereas Dick Pace's call wasn't close. No way in hell that was pass interference when our DB was standing there waiting on the ball and the Ole Miss guy comes over his back. Should have been offensive pass interference if anything.

State82
07-28-2014, 08:25 AM

Definitely. And it's not even close.

Coach34
07-28-2014, 08:39 AM
I hope Dick Pace is rotting in Hell.

That was blatant cheating.

maroonmania
07-28-2014, 09:53 AM
I hope Dick Pace is rotting in Hell.

That was blatant cheating.

Well the 2000 LSU game was televised and I have watched a freeze frame of the side judge looking right down the line where, out in the wide open, our guy punches the ball out of the LSU RB's hand between the 1 and 2 yard line and the ball goes flying through the end zone yet he signals a TD. So, on that one, either the ref was blatantly cheating OR he is legally blind. LSU fans want to claim we didn't score in 1999 but all of that happened in a mass of humanity where this play happened out in the wide open with no question on what the right call should have been.

NCDawg
07-28-2014, 10:11 AM
Well the 2000 LSU game was televised and I have watched a freeze frame of the side judge looking right down the line where, out in the wide open, our guy punches the ball out of the LSU RB's hand between the 1 and 2 yard line and the ball goes flying through the end zone yet he signals a TD. So, on that one, either the ref was blatantly cheating OR he is legally blind. LSU fans want to claim we didn't score in 1999 but all of that happened in a mass of humanity where this play happened out in the wide open with no question on what the right call should have been.

I agree that he definitely did not score, but in the ref's semi-defense, it was pretty close. If they had replay back then, the TD would have definitely been overturned. Kinda' like the time Nickoe Whitely knocked the hell out of that Georgia RB at the goal line, and he fumbled in the end zone.

Coach34
07-28-2014, 10:12 AM
Well, that fumble was at game speed and while the no-call was absolutely terrible- those things happen.

Our CB in 1981 had the inside position and simply jumped in the air- the ball from Fourcade was underthrown. The OM WR came back to the ball and climbed over the back of our CB to try to catch the ball. I want to say we intercepted the pass- and Pace throws the flag and calls it on us.

What at makes it even worse for you young guys that don't understand- the ball had been thrown from midfield or so- and pass intereference back then in college was a spot foul- not 15 yards. OM got the Pace cheat call that put them on the 1 yard line to allow them to win the game with under 30 seconds left. Had ESPN existed then- that call would have been replayed 100 times and Pace would have been embarrassed nationally. It was that bad.

Worst. Call. Ever

NCDawg
07-28-2014, 10:31 AM
Well, that fumble was at game speed and while the no-call was absolutely terrible- those things happen.

Our CB in 1981 had the inside position and simply jumped in the air- the ball from Fourcade was underthrown. The OM WR came back to the ball and climbed over the back of our CB to try to catch the ball. I want to say we intercepted the pass- and Pace throws the flag and calls it on us.

What at makes it even worse for you young guys that don't understand- the ball had been thrown from midfield or so- and pass intereference back then in college was a spot foul- not 15 yards. OM got the Pace cheat call that put them on the 1 yard line to allow them to win the game with under 30 seconds left. Had ESPN existed then- that call would have been replayed 100 times and Pace would have been embarrassed nationally. It was that bad.

Worst. Call. Ever

I agree. I remember leaving the stadium in Jackson mad as hell. I think Bellard kicked a FG on 3rd down with about 30 seconds left, and we felt the game was in the bag. As I recall there was another pass interference play prior to that one, which set them up at mid-field. Fourcade threw that pass way over the guy's head, into the stands, and he called pass interference on that one. Pace was determined to not let us win that game.

maroonmania
07-28-2014, 11:20 AM
I agree that he definitely did not score, but in the ref's semi-defense, it was pretty close. If they had replay back then, the TD would have definitely been overturned. Kinda' like the time Nickoe Whitely knocked the hell out of that Georgia RB at the goal line, and he fumbled in the end zone.

Actually, if you watch the LSU play, even in real time, its really not close at all and that is what still makes it infuriating. Otherwise, I would give the ref the benefit of the doubt. If that call had happened at the end of the game rather in the first quarter it would be a much more notorious call than it even is today. Close is the Tyson Lee illegal forward pass against Houston that should have been fully legal, the LSU fumble into the end zone, which was at MINIMUM a full yard away from the goal line, was not close. Really the biggest head scratcher about the Tyson Lee play is that that happened after instant replay was brought in yet somehow mysteriously we didn't even get a review on that one.

Is the OM interference play online anywhere? I wasn't at that 81 Egg Bowl (82 was my first one to attend) and I think I may have seen the play on a highlight somewhere but its been decades since I saw it if I did. I do know it was a ridiculously bad call though.

tcdog70
07-28-2014, 12:32 PM
I agree. I remember leaving the stadium in Jackson mad as hell. I think Bellard kicked a FG on 3rd down with about 30 seconds left, and we felt the game was in the bag. As I recall there was another pass interference play prior to that one, which set them up at mid-field. Fourcade threw that pass way over the guy's head, into the stands, and he called pass interference on that one. Pace was determined to not let us win that game.

Don't think it was another PI call. What happened was that Bellard squibbed kicked the KO and They got the Ball at midfield. We should have kicked it deep. It was Kenneth Johnson who intercepted the pass.

Martianlander
07-28-2014, 01:10 PM

Yes, Pace called three pass interference calls in a row, none of which were legitimate and the last certainly should have been offensive interference. Maddest I have ever left a stadium.