PDA

View Full Version : Yancy--OM Scout site--anyone?

MsStateBaseball
07-25-2014, 10:54 AM
I suppose I can't get in there to see paid stuff even though I am on State's scout right? They have stories of baseball please leaving, etc. One is a recruit, 2016, it may be a Desoto Central kid. Any help?

jumbo
07-25-2014, 10:57 AM
Brantley Bell, Will Jamison, Dalton Dulin

Bigedawg
07-25-2014, 11:02 AM
Ouch. That's gonna hurt. Thought Bell was a future star. Didn't Jay Bell, Brantley's dad, sign with Polk back in the day? Never made it to college, unfortunately.

MsStateBaseball
07-25-2014, 11:08 AM
Thanks.

MsStateBaseball
07-25-2014, 11:16 AM
I guess the article I wanted to see was about Clay Casey from Desoto Central. He is going JUCO so he can get drafted again in a year, apparently.

jumbo
07-25-2014, 11:38 AM
I don't have access, I just remember seeing a few days ago that those guys were leaving and assumed that is what you were looking for.

messageboardsuperhero
07-25-2014, 11:56 AM
So they're losing Clay Casey, Will Jamison, Brantley Bell, and Dalton Dulin? Damn, they are going to be green in the field next year, particularly in the OF. Woodman will be good, but I have absolutely no clue what other OFs they'll have next year. They also have to replace most of their infield.

I just have a hard time seeing them scoring a lot of runs next season. Orvis, Woodman, and Bortles will make a good middle of the lineup- but they have no proven hitters outside of that.

PMDawg
07-25-2014, 01:40 PM
So they're losing Clay Casey, Will Jamison, Brantley Bell, and Dalton Dulin? Damn, they are going to be green in the field next year, particularly in the OF. Woodman will be good, but I have absolutely no clue what other OFs they'll have next year. They also have to replace most of their infield.

I just have a hard time seeing them scoring a lot of runs next season. Orvis, Woodman, and Bortles will make a good middle of the lineup- but they have no proven hitters outside of that.

I remember hearing this last year.

Todd4State
07-25-2014, 03:42 PM

We also assumed that they were going to use the same bats as everyone else.

I'd say based on their offense in Omaha, they are who we thought they were.

Todd4State
07-25-2014, 03:45 PM

Tate Blackman will replace Dulin. They're lucky that Orvis is coming back. And so is his girlfriend that he broke up with before going off to play pro ball.** If they didn't have them, it would be pretty rough.

MsStateBaseball
07-25-2014, 03:51 PM
Dulin and Casey just tweeted they are going to NWCC. They seem pretty stoked. I guess they didn't like OM at all.

Todd4State
07-25-2014, 04:44 PM
Casey wants to play pro baseball ASAP.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Dulin end up at Memphis for his junior and senior years.

Todd4State
07-25-2014, 04:45 PM
Dulin and Casey just tweeted they are going to NWCC. They seem pretty stoked. I guess they didn't like OM at all.

I bet a lot of this- all of these players leaving- is because of Godwin leaving. Jamison and Bell were in line to be starters for them next year.

messageboardsuperhero
07-25-2014, 04:52 PM

Last year they really only had to replace a couple of impact starters (Turner and Mathis)- and they replaced them with a bunch of juniors and seniors. This year, they're losing 6-7 starters and replacing them with freshmen and sophomores. They also lose one of the best hitting coaches in America.

There's a big difference between the two situations, IMO. And for the record- I thought UM would be pretty solid going into this past season.

Todd4State
07-25-2014, 05:06 PM
Last year they really only had to replace a couple of impact starters (Turner and Mathis)- and they replaced them with a bunch of juniors and seniors. This year, they're losing 6-7 starters and replacing them with freshmen and sophomores. They also lose one of the best hitting coaches in America.

There's a big difference between the two situations, IMO. And for the record- I thought UM would be pretty solid going into this past season.

On top of that, and maybe even more importantly, they are losing their ace and two of their key members of the bullpen. And to fill the void created by Ellis leaving, they are going to have to move someone from the pen to the rotation which will further weaken them.

AlSwearengen
07-25-2014, 05:28 PM
wait, Godwin has left? Isn't he the asst. that came in and saved bianco? What are the details?

Todd4State
07-25-2014, 05:58 PM
wait, Godwin has left? Isn't he the asst. that came in and saved bianco? What are the details?

He just took the head coaching job at East Carolina, his alma mater. It wasn't a surprise and had been rumored for awhile.

AlSwearengen
07-25-2014, 08:21 PM
He just took the head coaching job at East Carolina, his alma mater. It wasn't a surprise and had been rumored for awhile.

that is considered a big blow for them, correct? I know their fans have bitched about assistants since McDonald left and if I am remembering correctly, Godwin is the first that they have been happy with.

engie
07-25-2014, 08:25 PM
that is considered a big blow for them, correct? I know their fans have bitched about assistants since McDonald left and if I am remembering correctly, Godwin is the first that they have been happy with.

It's beyond a tremendous blow.

I wasn't very impressed with the replacement either...

Saltydog
07-25-2014, 08:26 PM
nt

War Machine Dawg
07-25-2014, 10:24 PM
We also assumed that they were going to use the same bats as everyone else.

I'd say based on their offense in Omaha, they are who we thought they were.

I see what you did there. Well played.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWmQbk5h86w

Side note: How appropriate is it he's talking about the Bears?