PDA

View Full Version : Liggins

MetEdDawg
07-25-2014, 08:56 AM
Freeze told ESPN that Liggins is going to start at TE, but will probably play QB in goal line situations and could be an NFL OL before it's all over. Showed up about 340 pounds and has dropped to 310 now.

Guess Collins should go ahead and prep a Liggins package on defense because I guarantee you we will see him in the Egg Bowl at QB just like we saw Nkemdiche playing RB before Chris Jones welcomed him to SEC football. I don't understand why if Bo Wallace is so amazing that they feel the need to publicly say they may take him out for a 310 pound TE/OL to play QB in goal line situations.

Brahmabull
07-25-2014, 09:01 AM
My guess is Ole Hugh is trying to act like he is going to keep his cruitin promise he made to Liggins. Don't need more unhappy campers!

EAVdog
07-25-2014, 09:15 AM
People don't understand how bad their OL could be this year. 2 guys coming off injury, JUCO plug-ins, and an overweight QB as a TE (for blocking I can gaurantee). If Tunsil or Morris get hurt again they are in a world of hurt.

maroonmania
07-25-2014, 09:18 AM
Freeze told ESPN that Liggins is going to start at TE, but will probably play QB in goal line situations and could be an NFL OL before it's all over. Showed up about 340 pounds and has dropped to 310 now.

Guess Collins should go ahead and prep a Liggins package on defense because I guarantee you we will see him in the Egg Bowl at QB just like we saw Nkemdiche playing RB before Chris Jones welcomed him to SEC football. I don't understand why if Bo Wallace is so amazing that they feel the need to publicly say they may take him out for a 310 pound TE/OL to play QB in goal line situations.

Well, rumor has it that Bo has a fumbling problem near the goal line.

TrapGame
07-25-2014, 09:19 AM
If they have to use Liggins on OL they're in deep do-do. I'm sure Chris Jones would love to see Liggins lined up as a QB. He'd treat him just like he did Kimdouche last year!

dickiedawg
07-25-2014, 09:21 AM
People don't understand how bad their OL could be this year. 2 guys coming off injury, JUCO plug-ins, and an overweight QB as a TE (for blocking I can gaurantee). When Tunsil or Morris get hurt again they are in a world of hurt.

FIFY

maroonmania
07-25-2014, 09:21 AM
If they have to use Liggins on OL they're in deep do-do. I'm sure Chris Jones would love to see Liggins lined up as a QB. He'd treat him just like he did Kimdouche last year!

Liggins at QB might even make Jarod Larenzen look like a shrimp.

codeDawg
07-25-2014, 09:22 AM

If he's quick enough to play TE, I'm assuming they think he's quick enough to play FB at the goal line. NK's issue in the Egg Bowl was he wasn't fast enough to try and run like a RB and he stopped running forward when somebody got in his face. Big boys can be effective if they run fast straight ahead and just keep moving their feet. He might even be a decent lead blocker.

The best thing for Liggins is to get over himself and just move to OL where he can have a career instead of playing these silly roles that probably won't work. He's going to be Liggins "the fat guy that couldn't punch it in at the goaline" instead of Liggins "the guy that converted OT and made it big".

LC Dawg
07-25-2014, 09:25 AM
I think Ole Miss is smart installing a goal line package with Liggins at QB and Nkemdiche at RB. They should have great success in practice against that smallish front seven of theirs.

thunderclap
07-25-2014, 09:43 AM
That could work out great if they can stop him from eating the football when it's snapped to him.

deltadawg99
07-25-2014, 10:00 AM
I would be curious to know how fast and quick he is at 300+ pounds. He would probably be hard to stop going downhill once he got going, but it would also take him a while to get going full speed.

They are doing this because they have nobody that they can give it to on 3rd and 2 and run between the tackles and get the first down.

Martianlander
07-25-2014, 10:04 AM
Liggins will need to practice up on his Wallaceing.

CadaverDawg
07-25-2014, 10:14 AM
I'll be shocked if Liggins plays any significant minutes this year, and stunned if he comes in on the goal line. This is lip service and nothing more by Hugh IMO.

MetEdDawg
07-25-2014, 10:16 AM
I would be curious to know how fast and quick he is at 300+ pounds. He would probably be hard to stop going downhill once he got going, but it would also take him a while to get going full speed.

They are doing this because they have nobody that they can give it to on 3rd and 2 and run between the tackles and get the first down.

This is the big thing here. You make moves like this out of necessity. You don't put DL or TE at RB and QB because you are bored and think it's fun to do. You do it because you have a deficiency somewhere and you have to find ways to fill it. They can't run well between the tackles and they don't have a QB that has the arm to put the ball in small windows close to the goal.

As a fan, I would be pretty concerned if my head coach told ESPN in July that my 310 pound TE/OL will be used in goal line situations. I would be pretty concerned that my starting QB, who is apparently "100%" for the first time in his career, has already lost some of his duties.

scottycameron
07-25-2014, 10:18 AM
I'll be shocked if Liggins plays any significant minutes this year, and stunned if he comes in on the goal line. This is lip service and nothing more by Hugh IMO.

I guarantee he'll play QB in short yardage. They got to do something. He'll play in short yardage in the first game, watch and see.

justwin
07-25-2014, 10:28 AM
http://espn.go.com/blog/sec/post/_/id/85650/jeremy-liggins-gives-ole-miss-options

I nearly fell out of my chair when I read this......"He might end up being an offensive lineman before it's all over -- an NFL one," Freeze said.

Political Hack
07-25-2014, 10:33 AM

excellent.

AlSwearengen
07-25-2014, 10:53 AM
Typical olemiss bullshit. Gives freeze something to feed their delusional fans and get them excited. Isn't ward playing te as well?

Covercorner2
07-25-2014, 11:08 AM
Just for clarity, although it may not make a huge difference and he is still WAY too overweight to play a lot of positions, I am pretty sure in the article Freeze says that he CAME IN at 310, and HAS SINCE lost 30 lbs. So I think he is closer to 280 than 300+ at this point. Again, he's still way too overweight and may not be able to stay in shape, but I think that opens up his options at least a little bit...

thunderclap
07-25-2014, 11:40 AM
http://espn.go.com/blog/sec/post/_/id/85650/jeremy-liggins-gives-ole-miss-options

I nearly fell out of my chair when I read this......"He might end up being an offensive lineman before it's all over -- an NFL one," Freeze said.

So they have a potential NFL lineman but aren't really sure if that's where they want him to play? Riiiiight...

War Machine Dawg
07-25-2014, 11:42 AM
This is the big thing here. You make moves like this out of necessity. You don't put DL or TE at RB and QB because you are bored and think it's fun to do. You do it because you have a deficiency somewhere and you have to find ways to fill it. They can't run well between the tackles and they don't have a QB that has the arm to put the ball in small windows close to the goal.

As a fan, I would be pretty concerned if my head coach told ESPN in July that my 310 pound TE/OL will be used in goal line situations. I would be pretty concerned that my starting QB, who is apparently "100%" for the first time in his career, has already lost some of his duties.

Exactly. I keep saying it, but maybe it'll be heard this time: They have no big back that can get tough yards. I heard some BearShark buddies saying they were RSing a big RB and he looked like their best RB in practice. I didn't say it (no point in stirring the bullshit of their delusion), but my thought was "If he's your best RB, why is he RSing? RB is the easiest position to get on the field as a freshman."

thf24
07-25-2014, 12:13 PM

In my opinion, if he was fast and agile enough to halfway-effectively play that role, he'd be starting on the D line instead.

RC3
07-25-2014, 12:17 PM
Nothing to worry about. Ole miss might not even make it into the redzone against us this year

Todd4State
07-25-2014, 12:23 PM
No wonder their player development sucks. "Well, we think you are a NFL OL, so we're going to play you at QB/TE." WTF?

bulldawg28
07-25-2014, 12:52 PM
No wonder their player development sucks. "Well, we think you are a NFL OL, so we're going to play you at QB/TE." WTF?

This.

Dawg61
07-25-2014, 12:54 PM
http://i.imgur.com/zivjXJe.gif

Tbonewannabe
07-25-2014, 02:19 PM
He looked closer to 410 than 310 from the pics around the time he signed. How many years does he have left? I know he went to 2 separate Jucos.

DawgHouseUnited
07-25-2014, 02:27 PM

This. This. This. +1

Coackjek
07-25-2014, 03:11 PM

+1

thedawg
07-25-2014, 03:27 PM
Liggins is fat really fat and wont ever be an every down player... He is however a lot better runner with the ball than Nkemdiche... Hes not gonna run sideways.. Hes gonna be fat and slow but he knows how to run the power down hill.

Coach34
07-25-2014, 03:59 PM

This all day long

FISHDAWG
07-25-2014, 04:22 PM

or possibly " Hello, I'm NICK JAMES b--ch" !!!

BossDawg
07-25-2014, 05:11 PM
I don't understand why if Bo Wallace is so amazing that they feel the need to publicly say they may take him out for a 310 pound TE/OL to play QB in goal line situations.

Probably because ol' Buck is just trying to be cute. "Look at these high school tricks I've got up my sleeve", he says.

BossDawg
07-25-2014, 05:27 PM

A while back I heard someone say that the main reason Nutt always failed is because he was a season builder, not a program builder. He was bad about just putting band-aids on problems and not looking at long term solutions (i.e..Masoli). I wonder if Buck is gonna be the same way.

archdog
07-25-2014, 07:17 PM
So they have a potential NFL lineman but aren't really sure if that's where they want him to play? Riiiiight...

My top wish right now is for Liggins to have the responsibilty on blocking Chris Jones on the line. QBs regardless of size haven't spent every snap since 7th grade learning how to pass and run block people who may be bigger and stronger than them. Please happen.

Todd4State
07-25-2014, 07:41 PM
A while back I heard someone say that the main reason Nutt always failed is because he was a season builder, not a program builder. He was bad about just putting band-aids on problems and not looking at long term solutions (i.e..Masoli). I wonder if Buck is gonna be the same way.

Maybe.

But stuff like this is why he is considered gimmicky.

I think part of it is he is trying to "win the day" (Hey, ESPN will talk about our 310 pound QB, and that's good for 'cruiting!). I think part of it is trying to keep recruiting promises. I think part of it is him trying to be too cute and show everyone how awesome he is.

mic
07-26-2014, 06:17 PM
Liggins at TE.. Is almost as ridiculous as having Channing Ward there..

mstatefan91
07-26-2014, 06:50 PM
Comment on the article after a state fan made a comment about our recruiting class. You can't make stuff like this up. lol

You MisStake fans are so adorable ... Lets see where that class ends up in February ... Typically the good ones are 'using' you to get better "offers" or waiting for the school they actually WANT to play at to offer and you actually believe they will STAY committed to you ...LOL. You're just their "safety net" if all else fails! Face it most players don't want to play for the race baiting hate monger known as Scientologist Dan *******.

The stars are Mullen(s) which I guess is not allowed here? Idk

Todd4State
07-26-2014, 09:04 PM
Comment on the article after a state fan made a comment about our recruiting class. You can't make stuff like this up. lol

The stars are Mullen(s) which I guess is not allowed here? Idk

Did an Ole Miss fan actually accuse US of race baiting?

Hey Ole Miss, Robert E Lee wants his flag back.

War Machine Dawg
07-26-2014, 09:18 PM
Did an Ole Miss fan actually accuse US of race baiting?

Hey Ole Miss, Robert E Lee wants his flag back.

I was thinking the same thing. Hell, they've had AT LEAST TWO race-baiting incidents on campus just in the last year. I can't remember the last time we've had one. Someone needs to pull out the "Ole Miss Tradition" video for them aGAIN. Or better yet, update the video to include the recent incidents.