PDA

View Full Version : What do you guys see our records being heading into the egg bowl?

Ladycici
07-24-2014, 07:59 PM
Many of you guys making the trip to Oxford?

TStationDawg
07-24-2014, 08:06 PM
Our record will be better than the player in your avatar. #imnofortuneteller #justsayin'

Saltydog
07-24-2014, 08:12 PM
nt

LC Dawg
07-24-2014, 08:37 PM
Many of you guys making the trip to Oxford?

Is that you Mrs. Freeze?

DudyDawg
07-24-2014, 08:39 PM
You misspelled y'all**

FISHDAWG
07-24-2014, 08:43 PM
beastman won't even have to breakout his double naught spy outfit for this one

dickiedawg
07-24-2014, 08:45 PM
We'll be 11-0. Ole miss will be 6-5.

sleepy dawg
07-24-2014, 08:45 PM
I think the mods should consider letting Ladicici hang around for a bit as a new anti mascot... Maybe she'll give us more hot hotel room pics too.

Esmerelda Villalobos
07-24-2014, 08:48 PM
Ill be in oxford.

RougeDawg
07-24-2014, 09:54 PM
Om will be 5-6 looking for a bowl birth when the D train rolls through Vaught Hemingway, hammering home the first bail in Bucky's coffin.

engie
07-24-2014, 10:05 PM
Om will be 5-6 looking for a bowl birth when the D train rolls through Vaught Hemingway, hammering home the first bail in Bucky's coffin.

Could you actually bury a beaver in a wooden coffin? Methinks no.

War Machine Dawg
07-24-2014, 10:31 PM

Well played, engie. This was a literal LOL for me! Gotta go for the upgrade to brass or steel for Beav.

RougeDawg
07-24-2014, 10:50 PM

It'd be difficult for any beaver to gnaw his way out of a wet paper napkin if he's well on his way to the white birch fields in the sky.

justwin
07-24-2014, 11:20 PM
OM: I see 5 or 6 wins.
@ BSU - win
@ Vandy - loss.
ULL - win
Memphis - win
Bama - loss
@ TXAM - loss. The new QB, Allen, will be rolling by this point & I don't think OM's defense will be able to keep up. In college station will be tough as well.
Tenn - this will be a very tough loss. Butch Jones has had horrendous QB play in year 1. If he goes with Dobbs early in the season, I see UT being the sleeper in the East. UT has multiple offensive players who can score.
@ LSU - another tough loss. By this time in the season, the LSU freshman will be gelling and in Death Valley
Aub - loss. Aub has too much firepower.
Presby - win
@ Ark - Alot of people are picking Ark to win this game. I'm not sure. I think Ark will be playing for 6 wins at this point and I"m not sure OM's DL is going to be able to stop the rushing attack.
MSU - loss. MSU returns too much talent and the 4Q of last year's egg bowl x 4 full quarters.

Overall, I see an inexperienced OL that is going to put a ton of pressure on OM's defense to keep games close, but everybody knows this. OM doesn't have a deep defense, but does have good players in Conner & Prewitt. I think the DL is getting much more hype than they deserve...I'm still not convinced that Nkemdiche is anything more than a slightly above avg SEC DL considering the meager stats he put up last year despite a ton of PT. On offense, you have 1 guy who can score TDs in Paidwell and he'll get double teamed so who will score?...Bo doesn't like to run as much, small rbs, and no second qb. Losing Moncrief is going to really hurt b/c he made gamechanging plays and opened up Paidwell. Engram will score a few tds like any other SEC TE so I just don't know who the main offensive OM playmaker will be. Could be one of those RBs. The best OM games to watch this year will be Vandy, Tenn, & Arkansas as those are all toss up games.

As for MSU...if we can finally beat LSU, I can see 10 wins before the egg bowl. If we lose to LSU, maybe we'll have 7 wins. It's nice to play LSU early in the season.

If I go to the EB, it would be nice to see some of this class I always hear about for once.

msstate7
07-25-2014, 07:03 AM
I just want OM to be 5-6 and keep them out of a bowl like we should've 2 years ago

starkvegasdawg
07-25-2014, 07:22 AM
I just want OM to be 5-6 and keep them out of a bowl like we should've 2 years ago

I'd rather them be 4-7 and already out of contention with nothing to play for and the fan base in meltdown mode. Although, I believe by the EB they will already be bowl eligible and just playing for which bowl they go to.
I think their season plays out like this:

Thu, Aug 28 vsBoise State - Win 1-0
Sat, Sept 6 @Vanderbilt - Win 2-0
Sat, Sept 13 vsLA-Lafayette Win 3-0
Sat, Sept 27 vsMemphis Win 4-0
Sat, Oct 4 vsAlabama Loss 4-1
Sat, Oct 11 @Texas A&M Win 5-1 (Toss up)
Sat, Oct 18 vsTennessee Loss 5-2
Sat, Oct 25 @LSU Loss 5-3
Sat, Nov 1 vsAuburn Loss 5-4 (Toss up)
Sat, Nov 8 vsPresbyterian Win 6-4
Sat, Nov 22 @Arkansas Win 7-4
Sat, Nov 29 vsMississippi St Loss 7-5

Esmerelda Villalobos
07-25-2014, 07:23 AM
Probably both 7-4ish

msstate7
07-25-2014, 07:32 AM
Yeah they'll most likely be bowl eligible when we play them. I would love to see a Boise upset. I really think their whole season could unravel

starkvegasdawg
07-25-2014, 08:05 AM
Yeah they'll most likely be bowl eligible when we play them. I would love to see a Boise upset. I really think their whole season could unravel

If they lose that opener to Boise you may well be right. That could be Jacksonville State all over again. I can't fathom they would start the season 0-2 and lose to Vandy too. I really think Vandy will be back to being Vandy. New coach, all the turmoil of the rape fiasco, and losing their best offensive weapons. I think they are back to a 2-3 win team. But if that somehow happens, then they tank for the season and they come into the Egg Bowl at best a 3 win team and Bucky is on a major hot seat the following season.

headcoach98
07-25-2014, 08:16 AM
We'll be 8-3 going, setting us up for our 10th win in the bowl game.

BrunswickDawg
07-25-2014, 08:28 AM
If they lose that opener to Boise you may well be right. That could be Jacksonville State all over again. I can't fathom they would start the season 0-2 and lose to Vandy too. I really think Vandy will be back to being Vandy. New coach, all the turmoil of the rape fiasco, and losing their best offensive weapons. I think they are back to a 2-3 win team. But if that somehow happens, then they tank for the season and they come into the Egg Bowl at best a 3 win team and Bucky is on a major hot seat the following season.
Vandy is 6-3 in their last 9 vs. OM - their '10 team that was 2-10 and beat OM says "hello"

jumbo
07-25-2014, 08:31 AM
we'll both be 8-3