PDA

View Full Version : Kentavious Thomas...

CadaverDawg
07-24-2014, 07:34 PM
Just saw one of our recruiting tweeters retweet Kentavious Thomas saying we will be getting another commitment next week. Any guesses on who? I don't even know where Thomas is from, but maybe a prospect he's close to. Wish it was Lewis or Adams

MetEdDawg
07-24-2014, 07:42 PM
He's from Georgia. My guess is possibly Trey Derouen, the OG from Georgia. He's got a lot of crystal ball predictions to us in the month of July and I think we really like him. He's got offers on 24/7 from Boston College, Duke, Illinois, and Georgia Tech. He's good size at 6' 3.5" and 309 pounds.

Would solve part of our OL need if we believe that we will take only two more. If we can get Danley or Rankin, obviously we would still take Patterson too to make 3 more and 5 total for the class. But I would be fine with Derouen being part of this class.

engie
07-24-2014, 07:43 PM
Just saw one of our recruiting tweeters retweet Kentavious Thomas saying we will be getting another commitment next week. Any guesses on who? I don't even know where Thomas is from, but maybe a prospect he's close to. Wish it was Lewis or Adams

He's from Georgia. Only other prospect we're after from there right now is Derouen, the 3* OG with offers from us, Duke, BC, Illinois, and Georgia Tech...

With this Dawgfam15 thing, I don't think we can assume it would be a Georgia prospect though...

Todd4State
07-24-2014, 07:48 PM
Gabe Campbell would be my guess.

Esmerelda Villalobos
07-24-2014, 07:50 PM
If it is campbell, mullen is playing this thing beautifully. Every time ole miss throws up their bs smoke, he tells one to commit.

#danhandled

mic
07-24-2014, 08:00 PM
Jamal Danley...

hailmari
07-24-2014, 08:31 PM
I hope it's Derouen. Dude is a wide load.

preachermatt83
07-24-2014, 08:46 PM
If it is campbell, mullen is playing this thing beautifully. Every time ole miss throws up their bs smoke, he tells one to commit.

#danhandled

I like that! Lets make that our official ED hashtag for every time mullen "reels one in"

War Machine Dawg
07-24-2014, 10:25 PM

#danhandled

Jamal Danley...

If it's Danley, that would give a whole new level of meaning to #DanHandled.

headcoach98
07-25-2014, 08:25 AM
I'm excited just to see Thomas stick with us, thought he would've backed out by now.

MetEdDawg
07-25-2014, 08:59 AM
I'm excited just to see Thomas stick with us, thought he would've backed out by now.

He's been pumping us and this class on twitter more than anyone else in the class. I think he really likes us and I'm hoping he can get his grades in order. He committed so early that he doesn't have any other offers, but I think he's a solid RB and a solid commit to us.

maroonmania
07-25-2014, 09:20 AM
He's been pumping us and this class on twitter more than anyone else in the class. I think he really likes us and I'm hoping he can get his grades in order. He committed so early that he doesn't have any other offers, but I think he's a solid RB and a solid commit to us.

We are going to have to have some sign and place guys or greyshirts in this class to in any way get the numbers to work out given the number of commits it looks like we are going to have.

jumbo
07-25-2014, 09:26 AM
a couple of guys on 24/7 claim to know who the commit is. anyone know who it is?

dickiedawg
07-25-2014, 09:26 AM
There are always one or two sign and place guys. We're evidently counting several back to 2014 also.

jumbo
07-25-2014, 09:28 AM
There are always one or two sign and place guys. We're evidently counting several back to 2014 also.

depending on what happens with Cooper and Pierce we can count 6-7 back which is why we can sign potentially 32. You can only sign 25 kids each year, which sign and place counts against, but early enrollees don't count against the 25 because they are technically a part of the 2014 class

edit: paul just said "could be someone that wants to commit, but can't right now" which leads me to believe its Derouen.