PDA

View Full Version : Dang. Stadium coming on quick now and we were wrong about bleacher color too

whosyourdawgy
07-24-2014, 01:41 PM
Low and behold when they flipped them over, maroon bleachers. Who woulda thunk?

huffy
07-24-2014, 02:16 PM
Not sure how I feel about the Mississippi tile being turned in this direction... I thought the bottom part of the state would be facing the outside of the stadium... now it looks upside down to me.

TheRef
07-24-2014, 02:17 PM
Not sure how I feel about the Mississippi tile being turned in this direction... I thought the bottom part of the state would be facing the outside of the stadium... now it looks upside down to me.

SS responded that it is oriented to true N-S

engie
07-24-2014, 02:22 PM
Yeah, what Ref said. Although my initial thoughts were the same as yours huffy.

huffy
07-24-2014, 02:22 PM
SS responded that it is oriented to true N-S

...meh

I think it would look better the other way.. but oh well.

CadaverDawg
07-24-2014, 02:27 PM
New pictures were added to the gallery yesterday for those interested. The 4th pic I believe, is incredible. Shows the new expansion from across the field and the sky is cloudy and dark...looks pretty intimidating. It's going to be rocking on Saturday nights in there. Can't wait.

TStationDawg
07-24-2014, 02:29 PM
For those that would know, I have a random expansion question. The walls on top of the concourse on both sides of the new jumbotron, are they just waiting to add those very last for some reason or did they get nixed from the original design altogether? Admittedly, I know zilch about construction or how its coming, it just looks from the camera view those back walls are awfully short- I have a feeling I'm going to get roasted for this question but its been bugging me!

huffy
07-24-2014, 02:33 PM
For those that would know, I have a random expansion question. The walls on top of the concourse on both sides of the new jumbotron, are they just waiting to add those very last for some reason or did they get nixed from the original design altogether? Admittedly, I know zilch about construction or how its coming, it just looks from the camera view those back walls are awfully short- I have a feeling I'm going to get roasted for this question but its been bugging me!

I've been wondering the same thing. I really hope the walls go up because it would look incredible... it looks like a very dangerous fall hazard at the moment.

engie
07-24-2014, 02:35 PM
Walls aren't going up anymore in the updated renderings. How it looks in the back is approximately how it will look.

DudyDawg
07-24-2014, 02:36 PM
Not sure what y'all are talking about. Anyone have a pic or can direct me on where to look on the stickied camera??

huffy
07-24-2014, 02:39 PM
Not sure what y'all are talking about. Anyone have a pic or can direct me on where to look on the stickied camera??

These walls:

DudyDawg
07-24-2014, 02:41 PM
Ahhh got you. Thanks

preachermatt83
07-24-2014, 02:53 PM
I've been wondering the same thing. I really hope the walls go up because it would look incredible... lookit s like a very dangerous fall hazard at the moment.

Nah, the barriers that are there now are much taller than they appear. Look at the camera and look at the ppl up there beside it. The barrier looks to be bricked on the back and concrete on the inside and is atleast 10 ft tall.

War Machine Dawg
07-24-2014, 03:00 PM
Nah, the barriers that are there now are much taller than they appear. Look at the camera and look at the ppl up there beside it. The barrier looks to be bricked on the back and concrete on the inside and is atleast 10 ft tall.

It's not the safety issue that pisses me off. It's that the 3 sides aren't connected now and you can't conveniently walk from one side to the other. I hate to drag them into this, but you can do that in the BearSharks expanded stadium. We screwed the pooch not doing that with our expansion.

And I'm still asking why the hell we won't pour some half-steps on the West Side. That seems like the cheapest, most common sense solution to implement in history, but for some reason we aren't even interested in having it done. Hell, I'm 6'2" and those steps are about too tall for me.

BulldogBear
07-24-2014, 03:08 PM
It's not the safety issue that pisses me off. It's that the 3 sides aren't connected now and you can't conveniently walk from one side to the other. I hate to drag them into this, but you can do that in the BearSharks expanded stadium. We screwed the pooch not doing that with our expansion.

And I'm still asking why the hell we won't pour some half-steps on the West Side. That seems like the cheapest, most common sense solution to implement in history, but for some reason we aren't even interested in having it done. Hell, I'm 6'2" and those steps are about too tall for me.

Huh? They're not gonna be connected? What the heck? I never dreamed they wouldn't be, at least in the back.

Esmerelda Villalobos
07-24-2014, 03:14 PM
There is a walkway from the 200 level staircase onto club level. Ive walked on it. Not sure about east side but you can walk on to gridiron from west side staircase, or will be able to.

They will police it just like any other entrance into premium seating. Show your ticket. Ill be walking it in a week or so and will give an update.

TStationDawg
07-24-2014, 03:28 PM
Thanks. Figured it was higher than it looked but couldn't find anything to scale it against. Sucks they dropped the walls though. That would have given it a little upscale touch in my opinion, but what do I know...

Esmerelda Villalobos
07-24-2014, 03:41 PM
This was told and shown to me at the spring game. I would assume that is still the plan. Considering the fellah I was talking to is in charge of facilities, Id imagine it is.

thf24
07-24-2014, 03:52 PM

Masterful troll by Stricklin.

Bark
07-24-2014, 03:56 PM
Pretty sure you'll be able to walk around on the stadium on the ground floor.

Dawg61
07-24-2014, 03:59 PM

anyone have a pic of this? thx

TheRef
07-24-2014, 04:01 PM
anyone have a pic of this? thx

https://oxblue.com/archive/0f1f8ae3fe7c7e4383b13a58d7e38c99/800x600.jpg?135

ShotgunDawg
07-24-2014, 04:07 PM
The concourses all connect to where you can freely walk from one end of the horshoe to the next. You just can't walk it inside the bowl.

The problem is that the original East and West sides were built at slightly different angles and elevations. Thank our excellent MSU forefathers for that one.

Dawg61
07-24-2014, 04:09 PM
https://oxblue.com/archive/0f1f8ae3fe7c7e4383b13a58d7e38c99/800x600.jpg?135

Awesome!! Looks much better

Dawg61
07-24-2014, 04:11 PM
Whoever sits right in front of the jumbotron is going to feel like everyone in the stadium is staring in their direction. Cause they are.

Esmerelda Villalobos
07-24-2014, 04:13 PM
Ill hold up an ED sign for yall

TentDawgs
07-24-2014, 05:17 PM
Will students standing up in front of loge seats block their view?

whosyourdawgy
07-24-2014, 05:43 PM
Not supposed to. And for those complaining about not being able to walk around the whole stadium, that's why there are premium sections. Don't want all the peeons walking thru there. Have y'all ever been to cowboy stadium? You can't go everywhere there either. Part of it.