PDA

View Full Version : Armani Linton Dandy Dozen

ShotgunDawg
07-24-2014, 12:00 PM
Just curious, has anyone seen this kid play, or is he just a token Ole Miss commit? I realize he must be pretty good for two SEC offers, but I just haven't seen tape of him. Has anyone else?

engie
07-24-2014, 12:03 PM
Yep, not at all surprising he got it... although he isn't one of the top 12 in the state...

Last one will obviously be Hibbler.

ShotgunDawg
07-24-2014, 12:10 PM
"Well, we have to be fair. Can't have Rebels canceling subscription." Says the CL

RealHastings
07-24-2014, 12:13 PM
Walnut is only 15 minutes from where I live. Armani is a good kid and good player, I don't know about top 12 though. He is likely an underrated prospect because there is little to no film of him out there. Also, he plays against very weak competition so its hard to properly evaluate his true abilities.

It's pretty hilarious how you called for him and Hibbler to fill the remaining 2 places in the Dandy Dozen.. The CL is a joke!

HancockCountyDog
07-24-2014, 12:14 PM
I thought we liked Linton. Did we drop him?

The guy that should be pissed about not making Dandy Dozen is Minshew. If this is supposed to be the best HS players in the state, Im not sure how you leave him off. This isn't supposed to be a top 10 most wanted list, though it appears it is going that way.

ShotgunDawg
07-24-2014, 12:20 PM

The guy that should be pissed about not making Dandy Dozen is Minshew. If this is supposed to be the best HS players in the state, Im not sure how you leave him off. This isn't supposed to be a top 10 most wanted list, though it appears it is going that way.

We did like Linton, but that doesn't mean he is a Dandy Dozen. I have no idea how good he is because there isn't video of him to watch, and, due to that, I'm not sure how the CL has any clue how good he is either, other than the fact that he is committed to OM.

If he was committed to MSU, would he still be a Dandy Dozen or would the CL have chosen someone else to balance things out? If the CL can't answer yes he would've still been a DD, then he shouldn't have made it.

He does have cool name though.

DawgHouseUnited
07-24-2014, 12:21 PM

Kind of like how the Conerly trophy seems to have turned into the Egg Bowl MVP trophy?

headcoach98
07-24-2014, 12:34 PM
Someone definitely called this one and I bet you're right about Hibbler being the last. I predicted Minshew would get the last spot and he honestly should but oh well.

codeDawg
07-24-2014, 12:38 PM
You know that paper can't ever make everyone happy. UM is getting it handed to them in-state this year. Rather than being swamped with phone calls, tweets, and cancellations, it's a lot easier to just drop in a couple of marginal UM commits on the back end. I don't blame them. Those guys do not get paid enough to deal with the crazies they have to deal with. At this point, they are lucky to get paid at all.

engie
07-24-2014, 12:49 PM
To be clear, Linton is a good player with alot of potential. And he was one of a group of possibilities for this(in reality) last spot in the DD. He's not better than Peters and McNair -- which are the two that IMO fill his "slot" in the class. I'm not at all sure that he's better than Mark McLaurin either.

I agree with others that this spot probably should have gone to Minshew...