PDA

View Full Version : De Runya deep post. I hope this year that we substitute DeRunya for Jameon on

cheewgumm
07-24-2014, 10:53 AM
the deep pas play over the middle. Maybe I am mis-remembering, but it seemed like last year Jameon got several looks on the deep post route and it never panned out. I think size had soemthing to do with it...not knocking Jameon, I just would lik eto see Wilson try that play.

DudyDawg
07-24-2014, 11:00 AM
I think we will see Bear running a lot more routes, both short and deep this year. And I think that mainly bc of him not being a true freshman. Most kids come out of high school with raw talent to run and catch, but not run routes, especially good ones. So I think that getting him a lot of experience last season will give us the option to call just about any routes we want to with him now. Would love to see Lewis running a post under bear on a deep post so Dak can pick a safety apart

SheltonChoked
07-24-2014, 01:12 PM
I'm hoping to see run and shoot concepts like levels and stick routes combined with our read option or running plays.

starkvegasdawg
07-24-2014, 01:23 PM
We've got the tools on offense to put a lot of pressure on defenses and cause mismatches in a lot of places. Time for Mullen to exploit those. I'd like to see a 4 WR package of Bear, RoJo, Lewis, and Holloway along with our new 6'7" TE. That is three size guys that can jump out of the stadium and two speed guys that can just run right past you or away from you. Coverage nightmare.

engie
07-24-2014, 01:45 PM
the deep pas play over the middle. Maybe I am mis-remembering, but it seemed like last year Jameon got several looks on the deep post route and it never panned out. I think size had soemthing to do with it...not knocking Jameon, I just would lik eto see Wilson try that play.

Bowl game Jameon torched Rice deep. Also, I agree with your basic premise for sure. But in breaking it down a bit more...

One thing not really being considered is that Jameon draws the nickel defender alot. As such, he's generally at best their 3rd best cover guy. When teams go pure man, that's what opens it up for Jameon to take a shot over the top.

Jameon is much more of a known commodity this year and will probably draw a primary corner. This should open it up for De'Runnya or RoJo...

thedawg
07-24-2014, 02:12 PM
we have a bunch of legitimate options for the first time in... ever... Jameon is getting all the ink right now and rightfully so but like engie said if you put your primary corner on him there is an immediate mismatch with Derunnya... and Ross and Brown I expect to make a jump this year... and I expect Malcolm and Rojo to be steady and guys you cant just forget about... and we are adding a 6'7 Tight End.... and if you vacate the box to cover all those guys we have the best running qb in the nation... can we just kick off already?

Dawgcentral
07-24-2014, 07:47 PM
Rice kept trying to bracket Jameon and he still found the soft spots in the coverage.

Dak knew where he was going to be since getting full time reps with the ones for a few weeks. Seems obvious to me that when the D tightens up the coverage that DeRunya is going to get some one on one match ups and take advantage.

All we really need is for Dak to have time to make the reads. According to history, we're looking at an almost 50/50 split on runs and passes when we have our way in ballgames. While I'd like to see Holloway make some receptions, we haven't seen that yet, and I think he's going to be included in some specialized sets. Wasn't be removed from the receiver set anyway? I see him running wide out of the backfield.

SDDawg
07-24-2014, 08:36 PM
#$yr

Todd4State
07-24-2014, 09:05 PM
I'm hoping to see run and shoot concepts like levels and stick routes combined with our read option or running plays.

I'm pretty sure we already do that.

Todd4State
07-24-2014, 09:10 PM

Outside WR and Slot are two totally different positions in our offense. I've seen us run post patterns with both since Dan has been here.

The biggest difference is the match-up in that Bear will be on a CB and then maybe a safety depending on the coverage and that Jameon will either be on a Nickle/LB/S.

The thing is we will have two established outside WR's with some length in Bear and Morrow for the first time in Dan's tenure.