PDA

View Full Version : OT: Slow Summer Day Question for ED Base

starkvegasdawg
07-24-2014, 09:05 AM
Everybody has that one coworker that makes you want to stab him or yourself in the eye with a sharp pencil. What is it they do that makes you want to climb a water tower?

My example: This person will floss his teeth at his desk, sounds like a horse eating oats when eating at his desk, and is never wrong and always has to have the last word in an argument. Also one of those that can make fun of someone else but as soon as the tables are turned he gets defensive. He is also a complete wimp. He ticked off a guy a while back and he threatened to whip his ass. Instead of standing up for himself he ran to his phone, picked it up, and threatened to call security.

DawgHouseUnited
07-24-2014, 09:38 AM
Any time the fellow across from me stands up, he shoves his hands in his pockets and rapidly commences Operation Scratch The Junk. This oftentimes continues even as he's walking around. He's also the office noob, and he will literally stop anyone walking by to ask them a question about something, even if they're obviously heading out the door. Those questions are rarely simple ones that get answered in a couple of seconds. You've got to look over his shoulder at something, flip through a folder, then maybe something on the computer, etc.

thf24
07-24-2014, 09:51 AM
We have an elderly salesman who doesn't have a lot of customers anymore, so he gets bored and walks around trying to find issues (or non-issues) to make his business. It gets obnoxious because it's impossible to convince him whatever he's fixated on is well in hand without giving him a complete rundown of the situation. I can't say it drives me insane though, because he's a nice guy just trying to stay relevant.

Oh, I have to help him reply to every single email he gets. That actually does push me pretty close to the edge.

MS_half-step
07-24-2014, 10:41 AM
A lady down the hall from me has been coughing for 6 months straight, I seriously think she has TB. I'm talking a minimum 1 cough every 2-3 minutes and it's one of those raspy phlegmy coughs where you hear stuff break up. I've done the math and extrapolated how many coughs a day it is, it's a LOT! Not only that, but she won't cover her mouth, won't shut her door, won't eat a cough drop, won't drink a glass of water, won't see a dr. And she will walk right by my door multiple times a day and let out a loud cough - kind of an F-U good morning.