PDA

View Full Version : New Baseball Commit.

MsStateBaseball
07-24-2014, 07:01 AM
I think. Hans Crouse tweeted it but I need another source. C Tyler Lasch 5-9 175 class of 2017. He is from same HS as Gavin Collins.

MsStateBaseball
07-24-2014, 07:05 AM
Yes he has Gene just said it. He's always trying to beat me to the punch. Hard to know when these Cali kids commit in the middle of the night!

MsStateBaseball
07-24-2014, 07:11 AM
He bats left throws right. Too early for PG to really rate him. All Cali 2017 class right now. Better be playing out there soon.

messageboardsuperhero
07-24-2014, 08:31 AM
He bats left throws right. Too early for PG to really rate him. All Cali 2017 class right now. Better be playing out there soon.

I agree that we need to play out there soon- which means that we can't back out of the Dodger Classic like we did the Houston tournament. But the great thing about the SEC network is that next season, these kids are going to be able to watch all of our games for free.

The network is really going to help our recruiting nationally.

MsStateBaseball
07-24-2014, 08:36 AM
I think that is a big reason Scott spruced up Dudy for the TV cameras. We really need to put out there our plans on getting another stadium. I will be interested if they do something else in the fall to spruce it up.

headcoach98
07-24-2014, 08:37 AM
I'm not familiar with early baseball commits but how likely is it for an early commit like this to stick with us?

MsStateBaseball
07-24-2014, 08:48 AM
It is very rare for a kid to switch commitments to another school. Usually it is a coaching change situation. A big part of recruiting now is to latch on to a travel team and get multiple recruits which means they will stick together and not leave, etc. They feel more comfortable. Ole Miss has done this with the Orlando Scorpions w the coach that left. Now I see he is getting those same guys to go to East Carolina. I think the coaches will ask a commit if they know of any one else on their travel team is interested and go from there. Other factors that I can think of is girlfriend issues (go to school with me, I am going to UCLA). Homesickness should be reduced bc you have your buddies with you. These guys travel a lot so they have been away from home and in the south some.

Todd4State
07-24-2014, 09:02 AM
I'm not familiar with early baseball commits but how likely is it for an early commit like this to stick with us?

It's pretty rare for baseball commits to flip. It happens, but it's not common and if it does it's not because of a bag man.

Todd4State
07-24-2014, 09:04 AM
Like I said the other day, we're going to start getting a lot of guys from California especially in the 2017 class. In fact, that's all our 2017 class is at the moment.