PDA

View Full Version : If we are 5-0 what are the odds that we "respect the bell" when Marshall goes under

TaleofTwoDogs
07-23-2014, 09:57 PM
center? I say a snow ball's chance in hell. DWS will be rockin' and this time those asshats wont escape with a 3-2. The wool continues to grow.

BulldogDX55
07-23-2014, 10:31 PM
With their offense, technically he never goes "under" center. Clearly that means we can ring the bells the whole time.

BeardoMSU
07-23-2014, 10:36 PM
If we beat LSU, I'll automatically assume either: 1) I'm so drunk I'm now hallucinating, or 2) My eyes are lying to me.... and 3) Both of these things are the essentially the same, so 17 it.

http://static.fjcdn.com/gifs/Jean_64bf42_590420.gif

However....If I wake the next day at noon and am told what I witnessed the day before actually DID happen, then I'm sure I'll....

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view1/1430111/charlie-going-crazy-o.gif

pivey14
07-23-2014, 11:24 PM
We ain't beating LSU...

joedog
07-23-2014, 11:41 PM
We ain't beating LSU...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nc_LIR5ExIU

It will be like this

http://i.imgur.com/UMcBk.gif

I seen it dawg
07-24-2014, 05:31 AM
We ain't beating LSU...

If we ever are this is the year. And this is the year.

BeastMan
07-24-2014, 05:52 AM
If we ever are this is the year. And this is the year.

That is said every single year.

I mark LSU as a loss automatically. Y'all think about this: I'm 30 and we've beaten LSU once in my lifetime (that I remember). My fandom memory starts in 1992.

The Croom Diaries
07-24-2014, 05:57 AM
I see it didn't take long for a misinterpretation of the rule. It's when the Center is over the ball, not when the QB is under Center.

pdawg10msu
07-24-2014, 07:33 AM
With their offense, technically he never goes "under" center. Clearly that means we can ring the bells the whole time.

We beat the system!!!!!

pdawg10msu
07-24-2014, 07:37 AM
I see it didn't take long for a misinterpretation of the rule. It's when the Center is over the ball, not when the QB is under Center.
Dang. We'll I still believe the bells will be rocking if we are undefeated coming into the game with Auburn. Me personally, when I have to "respect the bell" I just scream and clap as loud as I can. If everyone did that it would almost as effective as the bell. But don't get me wrong, I love the cowbell! In 9th grade music class, we were asked what out favorite instrument was. I said cowbell!

MarketingBully01
07-24-2014, 07:47 AM
We ain't beating LSU...

We have as good a chance as any this year. What got the ball rolling on our ineptitude with LSU was Jackie. When he was at A&M, he really sucked against LSU and that trend just continued. Ironically before Jackie came, our record against LSU was fairly respectable (in MSU terms anyway). Once LSU hired Saban, all bets were off as LSU really began to build into what they are now. However with that said, new QB, new RB and new receivers against our defense, my prediction is a 24-14 win. I just don't think their offense will score much at all. We will stack the box and force that true freshman to beat us in the air. That LSU team this year does not scare me.

Statefan
07-24-2014, 08:23 AM
We have as good a chance as any this year. What got the ball rolling on our ineptitude with LSU was Jackie. When he was at A&M, he really sucked against LSU and that trend just continued. Ironically before Jackie came, our record against LSU was fairly respectable (in MSU terms anyway). Once LSU hired Saban, all bets were off as LSU really began to build into what they are now. However with that said, new QB, new RB and new receivers against our defense, my prediction is a 24-14 win. I just don't think their offense will score much at all. We will stack the box and force that true freshman to beat us in the air. That LSU team this year does not scare me.

I agree with this. I would never say we should be confident going into the LSU game, but with all new pieces on offense, one would think that our defense could really hold them to a low point total. Especially if they seem to struggle passing the ball against Wisconsin in their first game. If our defense is as good as it is supposed to be, and our offense just shows up we should be in this game. But it sucks that its in Death Valley

RougeDawg
07-24-2014, 09:25 AM
Dang. We'll I still believe the bells will be rocking if we are undefeated coming into the game with Auburn. Me personally, when I have to "respect the bell" I just scream and clap as loud as I can. If everyone did that it would almost as effective as the bell. But don't get me wrong, I love the cowbell! In 9th grade music class, we were asked what out favorite instrument was. I said cowbell!

Yelling is a lot louder on the field than ringing cowbells. As has been discussed before multiple times the last two seasons, the stadium is much louder when everyone yells. Reason being that the majority of the sound emitted from the ringing bells is directed toward the sky and out of the stadium.

FISHDAWG
07-24-2014, 09:34 AM
zero I hope ... I will gladly trade a win for the fine

engie
07-24-2014, 09:34 AM
Yelling is a lot louder on the field than ringing cowbells. As has been discussed before multiple times the last two seasons, the stadium is much louder when everyone yells. Reason being that the majority of the sound emitted from the ringing bells is directed toward the sky and out of the stadium.

Yep.

And the transition from high pitch to a low pitched roar is cool as hell. But we'll have our same dumbasses that ring all game regardless and never open their mouths at all...

pdawg10msu
07-24-2014, 09:38 AM
Good point. I never looked at it that way. We'll there has only been one time that I didn't respect the bell. Last year vs TSUN after Dak scored in OT, I was so excited I didn't realize I was still ringing my bell all the way up till the fumble! Of course everyone around me was doing the same.

engie
07-24-2014, 09:41 AM
Good point. I never looked at it that way. We'll there has only been one time that I didn't respect the bell. Last year vs TSUN after Dak scored in OT, I was so excited I didn't realize I was still ringing my bell all the way up till the fumble! Of course everyone around me was doing the same.

There are times that this happens and it's fine...

I just wish we would do it right and it would make the bells INFINITELY "cooler" for everyone involved. The one time we really did(Arkansas 2010) was arguably the loudest I've heard Davis Wade. And definitely the most intimidating...

joedog
07-24-2014, 09:43 AM

I mark LSU as a loss automatically. Y'all think about this: I'm 30 and we've beaten LSU once in my lifetime (that I remember). My fandom memory starts in 1992.

I agree we have had a terrible record against them in the past as far as I can remember too. However, our perception (the fans) and the perception of our players has to change before we will ever beat them and be one of the big boys. We have to go into every game believing we are going to win. That includes LSU, Alabama, Auburn, or any one else.

Automatically counting any game as a loss and spewing it publicly plants seeds of doubt in anyone who reads it. Maybe one of our players reads this board, maybe a coach or maybe just other fans. Sentiment like that can spread like wildfire and have a detrimental effect. I know the whole #webelieve moment blew up during the game a couple of years ago against bama but look at what it did do. Our players went into that game with 110% of MSU's fanbase worldwide supporting them.

To prevent your past from defining your future, you need to put it firmly where it belongs - behind you, in the past, a memory with no power to influence your future. Don't make the mistake of using your past as the reason or excuse for your failure to achieve your goals. The past might have led you to where you are now, but it cannot reach out and hold you back unless you let it.

There is nothing wrong with picking certain games as a tough one or a potentially difficult however until we ALL decide that we are good enough to play with the big boys and forget the past we won't ever be on the same level.

BulldogBear
07-24-2014, 10:02 AM
I ring my bell downward but, shifting gears here.....

Honestly, I wish that if indeed we were 5-0 going into this game that we would make a huge campaign to leave the bells at home and just yell. Even ban them for the game and have the portals do their best to catch violators. When we kicked their tail I would love to shove it in their face (and Shug's) that they can't blame the dadgum bells because there were ZERO inside.

....because you know they will. Even if we more or less follow the rules, they will hide behind the cowbell excuse when we win. I am 17ing sick of it. Message to all SEC schools coming to Starkville: It sucks to play on the road. Get over it and grow up.

MarketingBully01
07-24-2014, 10:15 AM
I agree we have had a terrible record against them in the past as far as I can remember too. However, our perception (the fans) and the perception of our players has to change before we will ever beat them and be one of the big boys. We have to go into every game believing we are going to win. That includes LSU, Alabama, Auburn, or any one else.

Automatically counting any game as a loss and spewing it publicly plants seeds of doubt in anyone who reads it. Maybe one of our players reads this board, maybe a coach or maybe just other fans. Sentiment like that can spread like wildfire and have a detrimental effect. I know the whole #webelieve moment blew up during the game a couple of years ago against bama but look at what it did do. Our players went into that game with 110% of MSU's fanbase worldwide supporting them.

To prevent your past from defining your future, you need to put it firmly where it belongs - behind you, in the past, a memory with no power to influence your future. Don't make the mistake of using your past as the reason or excuse for your failure to achieve your goals. The past might have led you to where you are now, but it cannot reach out and hold you back unless you let it.

There is nothing wrong with picking certain games as a tough one or a potentially difficult however until we ALL decide that we are good enough to play with the big boys and forget the past we won't ever be on the same level.

I think the biggest difference between this year's team and Mullen's teams in the past is we have legitimate leaders. This really is the first time you could say that in Mullen's tenure. When the going got tough in past years with Mullen, we would fold up like a cheap tent. This year will be different simply because of Prescott and McKinney. Leadership is the difference between winning on the road verses getting blown out. We finally have real player leadership and that to me is why I am so optimistic for this football season.

BulldogBear
07-24-2014, 10:17 AM
I said this in the other thread too. I apologize but I want some feedback on this so I'm putting it in both threads.

In fact I wouldn't mind having it become a new tradition with the new addition that home games versus Auburn be cowbell-less. Does anyone like this idea and if so, who do I send it to? Scott?

Please understand I love the bells and really wish other schools would just STFU and we could ring them whenever we dang well please. I yell and ring. But I'm trying to play nice here and if so, let's thumb our noses at Shug by not having them so 17ing Auburn never has an excuse.

Reason2succeed
07-24-2014, 11:12 AM
I said this in the other thread too. I apologize but I want some feedback on this so I'm putting it in both threads.

In fact I wouldn't mind having it become a new tradition with the new addition that home games versus Auburn be cowbell-less. Does anyone like this idea and if so, who do I send it to? Scott?

Please understand I love the bells and really wish other schools would just STFU and we could ring them whenever we dang well please. I yell and ring. But I'm trying to play nice here and if so, let's thumb our noses at Shug by not having them so 17ing Auburn never has an excuse.

I would feel naked going to a State game without my cowbell. I think a better solution would be to create a new tradition of yelling once the center is over the ball. It would go like this. Before big time third and fourth down plays cowbells would be going nuts right up until the center bends over and then the cowbells go silent and the yelling starts. The contrast between the two sounds would be more jarring than the monotone of cowbells which according to players eventually gets tuned out. If the center ever raises up off the ball to turn around then cowbells start again for that quick moment. In other words we should follow the rule to the tee and watch how annoying it is.

ghostofjackie
07-24-2014, 11:19 AM
We won't beat LSU. Go ahead and get that out of your heads. We have a chance for an outstanding season. But MSU doesn't beat LSU.

I seen it dawg
07-24-2014, 11:21 AM

This is the best chance in July we have had in your lifetime. Hell the law of averages says we are bound to win soon.

DudyDawg
07-24-2014, 11:22 AM
We won't beat LSU. Go ahead and get that out of your heads. We have a chance for an outstanding season. But MSU doesn't beat LSU

Why post something like this. I just don't get it. I understand our fans predicting we won't win, hell, I don't think we will, but this thread is IF we do, then what. That IF is now more possible than ever before. No need to post things like this in a thread largely about cowbells. Go start an LSU-MSU prediction thread if you want to talk about having no chance of winning.