View Full Version : Tim Washington?

Big4Dawg
07-23-2014, 09:48 PM
Timothy Washington @timwashington52 ? 53m
My recruitment is still open.

Anyone know anything?

engie
07-23-2014, 09:50 PM
I wouldn't read anything into it, other than him wanting to continue being recruited and us to continue being on our toes.

Following recruits on twitter will drive you crazy if you try to draw overarching implications into everything they say.

preachermatt83
07-23-2014, 10:06 PM
I have a feeling he is making a point, the bears said we didn't have any players they wanted... well guess we are about to find out.

deltadawg99
07-23-2014, 11:04 PM
He likely just wants some attention.

Jamoral Graham tweeted ridiculous stuff like this all the time.

headcoach98
07-24-2014, 08:45 AM
I agree following these young men on twitter will raise your stress level, just let them enjoy the process and make the best decision for them and their family.

RealHastings
07-24-2014, 08:47 AM
Also, the OM recruiting coordinator tweeted this morning:

"Making sure we have good line on our reels this morning, there is a chance a big one could be taking our bait early! #OleMissFB"

Hoping this isn't correlated with Tim Washington but we shall see?

FISHDAWG
07-24-2014, 08:51 AM
did he ever commit to us officially or just considered a target ?

engie
07-24-2014, 08:53 AM
He's committed to us...

starkvegasdawg
07-24-2014, 08:53 AM

"Making sure we have good line on our reels this morning, there is a chance a big one could be taking our bait early! #OleMissFB"

Can't be. All of our commits are not worth their time of day. They're Sunbelt talent at best. Isn't that what Yancy and all the bear sheep are saying?

headcoach98
07-24-2014, 09:42 AM
Ehhhhhhh gotta expect this every year now from tsun. Hopefully our commits will stick with us.

thf24
07-24-2014, 09:55 AM
Ehhhhhhh gotta expect this every year now from tsun. Hopefully our commits will stick with us.

Yep. Best thing we can do is just stay rational and try not to say too much about individual recruits.

1998Dawg
07-24-2014, 09:58 AM
guys like Washington are men of character and the kind that gravitate to us. Nothing wrong with enjoying the process. Hell I'd probably visit every school I could and get treated like a king too. Maybe..and I mean maybe even visit Northern MS University.

engie
07-24-2014, 10:01 AM
They were talking the same noise about Champion yesterday too. Today, according to David Johnson, they aren't after him that hard -- maybe late in the process if they miss on some guys which is easy to take to really mean that they made a push and he wasn't that interested.

Just ignore it. This same rinse, repeat story happens every year with them. "They are about to flip one of our guys" to "well, the can flip him whenever they want, but he's behind a few other guys, so maybe late in the process" to "he signed with MSU because we really didn't want him". This is the case with almost every player we get with an OM offer. Read through it. Too many State fans allow them to shape the perception for you. If you allow this, you are still their bitch -- regardless of how many times we beat them on the field.

Washington is from Yazoo City. I shouldn't have to tell everyone -- we do extremely well in Yazoo City. It's about as "MSU" as a town can get. I really don't remember when we last lost a prospect from there that we wanted. Fletcher flirted with them a bit -- Yancy thought they had him the week before signing day -- then he signed with us. Let things play out -- I'll be shocked if in the end BOTH Washington and Campbell aren't Bulldogs. Stranger things have happened -- and we damn sure don't need to take them for granted -- and have to continue recruiting them extremely hard -- but that is just my thoughts on the matter.

starkvegasdawg
07-24-2014, 10:12 AM

How appropriate they use fishing analogies and bait, specifically.

From Webster's:
Bait - prepare (a hook, trap, net, or fishing area) with bait to entice fish or animals as prey.

Translation - they can't sale TSUN on its own merits so they create a false front like a worm on a hook to entice recruits to commit. Then they get there and realize it is not what they were promised. Then they have the transfer and screw up rate that they do.

Pollodawg
07-24-2014, 10:14 AM
They were talking the same noise about Champion yesterday too. Today, according to David Johnson, they aren't after him that hard -- maybe late in the process if they miss on some guys which is easy to take to really mean that they made a push and he wasn't that interested.

Just ignore it. This same rinse, repeat story happens every year with them. "They are about to flip one of our guys" to "well, the can flip him whenever they want, but he's behind a few other guys, so maybe late in the process" to "he signed with MSU because we really didn't want him". This is the case with almost every player we get with an OM offer. Read through it. Too many State fans allow them to shape the perception for you. If you allow this, you are still their bitch -- regardless of how many times we beat them on the field.

Washington is from Yazoo City. I shouldn't have to tell everyone -- we do extremely well in Yazoo City. It's about as "MSU" as a town can get. I really don't remember when we last lost a prospect from there that we wanted. Fletcher flirted with them a bit -- Yancy thought they had him the week before signing day -- then he signed with us. Let things play out -- I'll be shocked if in the end BOTH Washington and Campbell aren't Bulldogs. Stranger things have happened -- and we damn sure don't need to take them for granted -- and have to continue recruiting them extremely hard -- but that is just my thoughts on the matter.

This. State fans have to get to the point, and many of us have, that you don't even flinch anymore. It'll be ok. In all honesty, OM has flipped legit maybe a handful of recruits that were ever honestly coming here. And really only one comes to mind in Mullen's tenure.

Covercorner2
07-24-2014, 10:35 AM
They are probably talking about that JUCO CB that is committed to AU

AlSwearengen
07-24-2014, 10:39 AM
Any recruit that goes to ole miss runs the risk of not being developed as well as they would have at State, or getting caught up in the bullshit that goes on over there. There is a big difference in the two coaching staffs and that needs to be a big selling point for us. NFL AND b.j.'s or b.j.'s and no nfl.

UMCDawg16
07-24-2014, 10:40 AM

Let's be honest, has their ever been a player sign with us that OM "wanted?" According to them, NO. And what makes it so bad is 90% of their fanbase believes that.

MarketingBully01
07-24-2014, 10:41 AM

So you just assume this is about Tim Washington? Based on what? Shit, who needs Ole Miss people when we have our own fans spreading doubt and negativism for them. We lead the nation in chicken little fans and it's not even close.

RealHastings
07-24-2014, 10:49 AM
So you just assume this is about Tim Washington? Based on what? Shit, who needs Ole Miss people when we have our own fans spreading doubt and negativism for them. We lead the nation in chicken little fans and it's not even close.

I'm not assuming anything, I was just saying that I hope it isn't Tim. I'm not the least bit worried about their class or them flipping any of our recruits. If Tim does flip to them, so be it. I like how we sit we Leo anyway. Obviously I'd like to take them both and I think that's most probable at this point.

ShotgunDawg
07-24-2014, 10:57 AM
Why are people even mentioning Washington could flip? Get a grip folks. All of our recruiting guys say there is nothing to worry about with him. Please lock this thread before people just start making stuff up.

HancockCountyDog
07-24-2014, 11:08 AM
Tim does need to be careful with these type of tweets. Our coaching staff isn't big on recruits waffling through social media.

I know for a fact that our coaching staff had some heart to heart talks with some of our commits about being true to their word and not going on faceobook/twitter/instagram and talking bullshit.

I am not worried in the least about this twitter post. For several reasons that Im not going to post here.

RealHastings
07-24-2014, 11:26 AM
True. As already mentioned, Jamoral Graham did the same thing with his tweets and such. Anything and everything a recruit says or tweets, the OM faithful automatically assume that they are about to flip to them. Its sad, really, how obsessed they are with recruits in general.

DudyDawg
07-24-2014, 11:28 AM
Why are people even mentioning Washington could flip? Get a grip folks. All of our recruiting guys say there is nothing to worry about with him. Please lock this thread before people just start making stuff up.

Completely agreed. Chill, see what happens (hint: nothing will happen). Lock this and let it fall down the page. Move on

EAVdog
07-24-2014, 11:30 AM
Well it's July and people need to stop worrying so much. Plenty of time. But if you want to see who Freeze is personally recruiting hard just go check who he follows on Twitter. There are very few 2015 players he follows.

Timothy Washington and Gabriel Cambell, Javon Patterson, Leo Lewis, and Fletcher Adams he follows. Tells you they are going to try their best to flip these guys. Just shows you, and Mullen, the work that is cut out for them this year.

Interestingly enough he follows Natrez Patrick from Georgia. My wife used to work with his mother. He's going to UGA, Ole Miss has zero chance. Good kid who wouldn't fit in in Oxford anyway.

RealHastings
07-24-2014, 12:03 PM
But if you want to see who Freeze is personally recruiting hard just go check who he follows on Twitter.

Jesus H. Christ man, you can't be serious? I love recruiting as much as the next guy, but saying to check who a coach is following on twitter as an indicator of who he is recruiting hard is one of the most idiotic things I've ever heard......

EAVdog
07-24-2014, 12:15 PM
Jesus H. Christ man, you can't be serious? I love recruiting as much as the next guy, but saying to check who a coach is following on twitter as an indicator of who he is recruiting hard is one of the most idiotic things I've ever heard......

why is it idiotic? When a Coach only follows a small group of 2015 kids it is a good indicator.

headcoach98
07-24-2014, 12:37 PM
They'll have to throw tons of loot out if they want to flip our commits, alot of our commits are genuinely solid to us and that means a bunch.

starkvegasdawg
07-24-2014, 12:43 PM
Just went over to the dark side otherwise known as Nafoom and they have a thread going where some think they will flip him. To their credit (man it hurts to say that) several of the posters over there are saying Yancy is an idiot for what all he said about Peters being the only one we want. Some are also wondering if it is even possible to flip him. Just found it interesting that the same rumor floating here is also floating there too.

engie
07-24-2014, 01:01 PM
Yancy puts it out -- it disperses to everyone. Putting what Yancy says out there, even when disagreeing, gives him tremendous power. It's best to ignore the whispers in public and formulate a response in your head for the possibilities. Our fanbase needs to learn swagger instead of self-depreciation. Our class is going to be elite -- and no amount of tinkering, "flipping", or other bs thrown out there by them is going to stop that from happening. We're opening a brand new chapter in MSU football both on and off the field -- and they can't stop it unless we let them.

starkvegasdawg
07-24-2014, 01:08 PM
Yancy puts it out -- it disperses to everyone. Putting what Yancy says out there, even when disagreeing, gives him tremendous power. It's best to ignore the whispers in public and formulate a response in your head for the possibilities. Our fanbase needs to learn swagger instead of self-depreciation. Our class is going to be elite -- and no amount of tinkering, "flipping", or other bs thrown out there by them is going to stop that from happening. We're opening a brand new chapter in MSU football both on and off the field -- and they can't stop it unless we let them.

Here's hoping he agrees with you.

http://www.sonofthesouth.net/union-generals/sioux-indians/pictures/indian.jpg

preachermatt83
07-24-2014, 02:13 PM
just to ease some of your freak outs of that one little tweet, his next tweet was a "Welcome aboard" type tweet to McLarin.

Bully Dee Williams
07-24-2014, 02:32 PM
Tim's actively recruiting people. Nothing to see here. Kid is having fun.

smootness
07-24-2014, 06:55 PM
Anybody think we may be playing the game some now? As in, we know they're going to come hard after a few commits, so get the most solid guys (Washington, maybe Adams?) to throw some bait out there and get them to spend all their energy on guys who won't ever flip instead of the more borderline guys.

FISHDAWG
07-24-2014, 07:09 PM
Anybody think we may be playing the game some now? As in, we know they're going to come hard after a few commits, so get the most solid guys (Washington, maybe Adams?) to throw some bait out there and get them to spend all their energy on guys who won't ever flip instead of the more borderline guys.

not convinced here

preachermatt83
07-24-2014, 08:41 PM

very very likely. I mean like I would be willing to bet on it... I remember nelson's tweet last year when Tee Signed with OM.. He said "I know one they won't EVER get" or something very close to that. Of course he was referencing his brother Fletcher.

msstate7
07-24-2014, 08:57 PM
very very likely. I mean like I would be willing to bet on it... I remember nelson's tweet last year when Tee Signed with OM.. He said "I know one they won't EVER get" or something very close to that. Of course he was referencing his brother Fletcher.

Hope he keeps that promise

BeastMan
07-24-2014, 09:26 PM

Um. You don't understand how things work. A coach's personal text and phone calls are limited. Social media communication is not. If Freeze follows those guys (& they follow back) then they can message each other with no limits. It absolutely matters. EAV is right that it's an indicator

preachermatt83
07-24-2014, 10:06 PM
Hope he keeps that promise

This is the tweet I was talking about. It was from signing day last year. Trust me when I say that Nelson and Fletcher are close.

Nelson Adams
‏@NelsonAdams12 I guarantee they won't get this one ------> @FletcherAdams43
2:44 PM - 5 Feb 2014