PDA

View Full Version : Hogville gets it

BeastMan
07-23-2014, 04:32 PM
I wish Dan Mullen would understand this too!1!!1!1!!! Looking at you Shump!

http://i1213.photobucket.com/albums/cc473/stoms31/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zps6043d7f1.jpg

TheRef
07-23-2014, 04:35 PM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-kcw7PsriI2Q/U1EoeDIqiHI/AAAAAAAABns/DuoMFtNvwyA/s1600/seriously.gif

DudyDawg
07-23-2014, 04:42 PM
That's why Jameon cut his!! Now he's about to look like Percy Harvin

CadaverDawg
07-23-2014, 04:44 PM
As crazy as it sounds, I agree. I've always thought it would have to add some weight....not much, but why add any weight if you don't have to?

Todd4State
07-23-2014, 04:46 PM
As crazy as it sounds, I agree. I've always thought it would have to add some weight....not much, but why add any weight if you don't have to?

The weight of a player's hair is negligible. It weighs less than a pound.

Hair is only an issue if you are Samson.

Covercorner2
07-23-2014, 04:47 PM
Signed,

Jadeveon Clowney

CadaverDawg
07-23-2014, 04:50 PM

Well I'm definitely not saying it slows them down....just that I agree that it has to add a little weight. And I just don't understand why anybody would want that extra weight and heat. Seems like it would be uncomfortable

DudyDawg
07-23-2014, 04:51 PM
Seems like it would be uncomfortable

That's what I think when I see it haha. No way that feels good in a helmet. And no wayyyyy I have hair that someone can legally pull me down with. No part of my being wants to feel that pain

Johnson85
07-23-2014, 04:55 PM

If you're playing in the Southeast in August and September, I think hair still matters. Pretty decent difference between how fast you can cool off with a head full of hair versus shaved or short hair. Not sure if it really impacts anybody's performance, but it makes a noticeable difference in my comfort level when I work out in the summer and I need a haircut versus right after I've had one.

Smitty
07-23-2014, 04:59 PM
Does the extra weight benefit on the goal line?

Leroy Jenkins
07-23-2014, 05:00 PM
Seems like the water would weigh the same inside his body as it does outside... ? What am I missing?

mstatefan91
07-23-2014, 05:03 PM
Seems like the water would weigh the same inside his body as it does outside... ? What am I missing?

Nothing. Hair makes no difference in a player's ability to make plays other than it maybe getting grabbed.

DudyDawg
07-23-2014, 05:03 PM

I think they're trying to say that the water he would otherwise lose in sweat stays in his hair making it heavier

Dawg61
07-23-2014, 05:08 PM
But does a thick layering of padding from having lots of hair provide a buffer against concussions?

TStationDawg
07-23-2014, 05:11 PM
Ricky Williams, Lenny Kravitz and Samson say "keep the locks flowing"

Todd4State
07-23-2014, 05:58 PM
Well I'm definitely not saying it slows them down....just that I agree that it has to add a little weight. And I just don't understand why anybody would want that extra weight and heat. Seems like it would be uncomfortable

I wouldn't like to have a lot of hair like that either, but there are some guys like Clay Matthews the third where it is kind of their persona and I guess it makes them more comfortable in their own skin I guess.

One thing we can all agree on though:

Sweat soaked hair isn't five pounds.

BulldogBear
07-23-2014, 06:01 PM
But does a thick layering of padding from having lots of hair provide a buffer against concussions?

Be careful or the NCAA will require all players to grow long hair.

Someone design a special long hair helmet***

archdog
07-23-2014, 07:38 PM
Be careful or the NCAA will require all players to grow long hair.

Someone design a special long hair helmet***

Seems to me, no one really cares how they wear their hair as long as they are good students, good team players, and represents our university with class on and off the field. As long as they meet that criteria while being a badass on the field, I don't think anyone cares how they chose to wear their hair.

DudyDawg
07-23-2014, 07:41 PM
Seems to me, no one really cares how they wear their hair as long as they are good students, good team players, and represents our university with class on and off the field. As long as they meet that criteria while being a badass on the field, I don't think anyone cares how they chose to wear their hair.

... What

defiantdog
07-23-2014, 07:42 PM
Alex Collins had 190 attempts for 1,026 yards rushing with a 5.40 rushing average. And he was a true freshman.... keep the damn hair kid, you deserve it!

archdog
07-23-2014, 07:42 PM
All that, and I understand the comments and why people are making them. My first impression of dreads is that they would be hot and just something else that can be used to tackle you.

archdog
07-23-2014, 07:43 PM
Alex Collins had 190 attempts for 1,026 yards rushing with a 5.40 rushing average. And he was a true freshman.... keep the damn hair kid, you deserve it!

Agreed.

MSUDawg4Life
07-23-2014, 07:46 PM
All that, and I understand the comments and why people are making them. My first impression of dreads is that they would be hot and just something else that can be used to tackle you.

Your impression doesn't have anything to do with these athletes choices to wear dreads. If the dreads aren't on your head, why should it matter how hot you and others think it is? Your opinions don't matter.

thedawg
07-23-2014, 08:00 PM
The Dreads do legitimately make it hard to properly fit a helmet and can for sure lead to concussions

Coackjek
07-24-2014, 01:51 AM
That's why Jameon cut his!! Now he's about to look like Percy Harvin

It seems he to me that he got tired of getting yanked down by it last year. He had a several plays over the middle were a linebacker/ safety couldn't quite wrap him up so easiest thing to do was grab his flowing locks. I could be thinking of other games were guys were taken down by their hair though.

Mjoelner34
07-24-2014, 02:30 AM
Wouldn't more hair/heavier head help keep your pad level low? **

BeastMan
07-24-2014, 05:49 AM
Wouldn't more hair/heavier head help keep your pad level low? **

Exactly. That's lowered pad level also helps keeping the hips loose**

FISHDAWG
07-24-2014, 09:17 AM
no, but it makes it harder to hold onto the football in overtime **