PDA

View Full Version : SBW Baseball Opponent Announced

TheRef
07-23-2014, 02:12 PM
Looks like we will be hosting Florida for Super Bulldog Weekend's baseball series. SBW is April 17-19.

messageboardsuperhero
07-23-2014, 02:27 PM
That'll be a big series. Florida (obviously) will be one of the favorites to win the league- hopefully the big crowds can help us win that series.

I'm sure Cohen would love to stick it to Sullivan in front of 14,000+.

Todd4State
07-23-2014, 03:59 PM
Sweet. I prefer it be a SEC East team personally.

MsStateBaseball
07-23-2014, 04:24 PM
I love the fact that Florida has maybe 3000 for games and when they show up SBW, it will be 14000 at each game. Those highly recruited players on Florida might wished they came to State.

MsStateBaseball
07-23-2014, 04:27 PM
And my guess at the other East opponents should be Georgia, Missouri and Tennessee. Prob dropped Vanderbilt.

SFloridaDawg
07-23-2014, 06:09 PM
And my guess at the other East opponents should be Georgia, Missouri and Tennessee. Prob dropped Vanderbilt.

I noticed that LSU released their baseball schedule yesterday and now we have the weekend dates for the Florida series. Any idea when the full schedule will be released?

MsStateBaseball
07-23-2014, 06:46 PM
Full SEC by the SEC office should be in August. We won't release the whole schedule until October I think.

SFloridaDawg
07-23-2014, 07:17 PM
Full SEC by the SEC office should be in August. We won't release the whole schedule until October I think.

Thank you, I appreciate it!

messageboardsuperhero
07-23-2014, 07:32 PM

I'd hope so anyway. I'm pretty sure we've played them for seven years straight.

ETA: Yep, we've played Vandy every year since 2008. We're LONG overdue to have them off the schedule. Of course we've had to play Vandy every year while they've been on this great stretch.

Todd4State
07-23-2014, 08:02 PM

You think we will miss South Carolina again?

I wouldn't complain about it if we did. That would put us with LSU, Bama, and Auburn at home and then Ole Miss, Arkansas, and A&M on the road. Obviously Florida is at home. With the three opponents you mentioned from the East, if you are correct I would feel OK about our chances wherever we play them although Georgia would be at home and UT would be in Knoxville.

To me, that schedule would be even more favorable than what we had last year. Add in an easier OOC than what we had last year too.

But my guess is they give us South Carolina on the road because if we play Mizzou again, it would have to be in Columbia for the second year in a row otherwise we would have one more home series than road series.