PDA

View Full Version : David Morris former Ole Miss QB/Current QB coach on Dak Prescott

Out of Bounds
07-23-2014, 01:54 PM
Hey guys, David Morris, who played at Ole Miss (super guy), has built a great QB development business in the Southeast. David coached Dak Prescott at the Manning Passing Academy. Here's what he had to say about DP?
Podcast here: July 22nd, hour #1 http://*******/1eXbfjL & http://*******/1l69XZN

Cheers,

Bo Bounds
Host, The Out of Bounds Show
ESPN 105.9 The Zone
thezone1059.com
Twitter: @bobounds

pdawg10msu
07-23-2014, 03:09 PM
Anybody able to listen to it wanna give me a brief rundown?

SDDawg
07-23-2014, 03:22 PM
Net- David says that Dak is a physical specimen, throws the ball very well and carried himself well with campers and off the field. Also had a lot of good stuff to say about Bo but didn't watch him throw. Apparently Dak was part of Eli's group for some drills and coaching. Said that "Prescott was one of my top 3" at the event overall, which is really cool. "May be more physically impressive than anybody."

An aside, David Morris sounds like the nicest guy in the world. Definitely a humble, well spoken person and a person that Ole Miss fans should be proud to have represent them. YMMV

oldjoedawg
07-23-2014, 03:25 PM
Anybody able to listen to it wanna give me a brief rundown?

Listened to the segment (kind of short)...had some really complimentary things to say about Dak... in particular about what an athletic specimen he was... not much said about technique, but several comments about the great way he related to the other counselors and to the kids who were there for training.... also talked about how humble and sincere Dak was. That's about it.

Esmerelda Villalobos
07-23-2014, 03:42 PM
I sure didnt like him when they went for 2 in 1997

Todd4State
07-23-2014, 03:48 PM
I sure didnt like him when they went for 2 in 1997

That was Stewart Patridge. Morris was the walk-on who replaced Romaro Miller and played the 1998 Egg Bowl when we won the SEC West.

SDDawg
07-23-2014, 03:49 PM
Ennis- I hear you. Just listening to him talk about all of the guys, he seems real down to Earth. I couldn't detect any "homer" at all, I guess his business is all about getting kids ready to play and go on to as many schools as possible so it may just be good business. Still, sounds like a heckuva guy to me... :)

chainedup_Dawg
07-23-2014, 04:01 PM
I want to make sure I wasn't hearing things but I swear I heard him say "yeah, that's nothing to be worried about this year" when he was asked about Dak's accuracy

maroonmania
07-23-2014, 04:46 PM
I want to make sure I wasn't hearing things but I swear I heard him say "yeah, that's nothing to be worried about this year" when he was asked about Dak's accuracy

I think folks worried about Dak's accuracy are holding to their early impressions. From the TA&M game forward from last year Dak has been pretty dead on with most all passes I saw him throw. And he is SO much faster on reading the defense and getting rid of the ball than Tyler ever was.

engie
07-23-2014, 05:06 PM
I just thought it was a bit of a "puff piece"... It praised 10-15 QBs with no real negatives on any of them. I get that it's basically his job to promote a business through this and didn't want to offend anyone though.

Personally, I'd love to have his "REAL" opinion on all of this outside of the court of public opinion -- because he's becoming really renowned around the southeast as a QB developer, and I guarantee he had far deeper/better insight than he revealed in the interview...

engie
07-23-2014, 05:08 PM
I think folks worried about Dak's accuracy are holding to their early impressions. From the TA&M game forward from last year Dak has been pretty dead on with most all passes I saw him throw. And he is SO much faster on reading the defense and getting rid of the ball than Tyler ever was.

His continual development is what's so eye-popping to me. In 2012, he couldn't throw it very well at all. Early last year, he struggled. Watch the throws in the bowl game down field. Totally, TOTALLY different player.

The scary thing is that Damian Williams is WAY further along as a passer than Dak was at the same point in his career IMO...

engie
07-23-2014, 05:11 PM
And Bo, I love how the podcast is being broken down now. I passed the advice to you awhile back, when I got the impression you were already on it, but it's great to be able to catch these amazing interviews as stand-alone listens and get fully caught up on your show in 20-30 minutes a day thru the OOB app. That's the wave of the future IMO. Hope you figure out a decent way to monetize it as you get more and more interest in that format that can't listen to an hour worth of commercials and a 3 hour show every day...

SDDawg
07-23-2014, 05:33 PM
Bo is doing a tremendous job with OOB for the past year, I've enjoyed it a lot more since the Egg Bowl (for obvious reasons), but good momentum with the program.