PDA

View Full Version : Allow me to retort RebelBruiser

BeastMan
07-23-2014, 11:05 AM
I didn't care for the data he used to describe who was lucky in 2013 and use that as a measuring stick going forward. Close game scores doesn't tell the whole story. Instead, I defined a "critical weakness" as a bottom 4 placing in a team statistical category. I then added up how many times all the SEC teams finished in the bottom 4 of 52 statistical categories. So who had the most critical weaknesses and what did the data tell us?

http://3rdand57.com/luckiest-sec-teams-from-2013/

TheRef
07-23-2014, 11:07 AM
Good stuff, Beast.

Eric Nies Grind Time
07-23-2014, 11:12 AM
I didn't care for the data he used to describe who was lucky in 2013 and use that as a measuring stick going forward. Close game scores doesn't tell the whole story. Instead, I defined a "critical weakness" as a bottom 4 placing in a team statistical category. I then added up how many times all the SEC teams finished in the bottom 4 of 52 statistical categories. So who had the most critical weaknesses and what did the data tell us?

Bruiser is a fair weathered piece of shit.

CadaverDawg
07-23-2014, 11:19 AM
Thanks BeastMan...great read. How did you keep from saying that it looks like Mullen out coached Freeze in tight games? It looks that way to me

Bully041184
07-23-2014, 11:20 AM
Well done, beast.

Irondawg
07-23-2014, 11:42 AM
That's a good statistical analysis, but we all know watching the games if a team is forutnate. No MSU fan is not going to say we got some good luck in the ARK and OM games, but it was also some bad luck we didn't have Dak for those games.

OM got unlucky somewhat at MSU, but was pretty lucky against LSU that for some reason they didn't bludgeon them to death on the ground and threw some many picks. They were both unlucky and lucky at the same time in the Vandy game.

AU was as the stats show a clear outlier. They had a horseshoe up their rear the whole year

msstate7
07-23-2014, 11:57 AM
That's a good statistical analysis, but we all know watching the games if a team is forutnate. No MSU fan is not going to say we got some good luck in the ARK and OM games, but it was also some bad luck we didn't have Dak for those games.

OM got unlucky somewhat at MSU, but was pretty lucky against LSU that for some reason they didn't bludgeon them to death on the ground and threw some many picks. They were both unlucky and lucky at the same time in the Vandy game.

AU was as the stats show a clear outlier. They had a horseshoe up their rear the whole year

I'd say OM got lucky against us. How many turnovers were missed? Their only td was on a blocked punt

jimbo352
07-23-2014, 12:04 PM

Really good stuff...

In OM's case, I'd say they played well in those close losses, but those weaknesses came back to bite them in the ass... They lost to better teams, so they definitely weren't unlucky.

I feel like our perceived weaknesses allowed teams to hang around that normally wouldn't... Some of those teams were lucky they kept the games close against us IMO.

Not sure if that makes sense as I type it, but it works in my head movies...

blacklistedbully
07-23-2014, 12:26 PM
I'd say OM got lucky against us. How many turnovers were missed? Their only td was on a blocked punt

EXACTLY! Think you're way off on this one, Irondog. OM was FAR more lucky in our matchup.

messageboardsuperhero
07-23-2014, 12:32 PM

You might could say that about Arkansas, but not the UM game. The only TD they scored all game was on a botched punt on our part- plus there were multiple missed turnovers that should have gone our way. Frankly, UM was lucky that game even went into OT.

DownwardDawg
07-23-2014, 12:42 PM

OM is VERY lucky the Egg Bowl wasn't a blowout. If Dak had played 50% of the game, it would have been ugly. The two missed turnovers made them extremely lucky.

yjnkdawg
07-23-2014, 03:12 PM
[QUOTE=Irondawg;216994]
OM got unlucky somewhat at MSU, but was pretty lucky against LSU that for some reason they didn't bludgeon them to death on the ground and threw some many picks.

LSU probably had the worst game plan of any game they played last season. Real conservative play calling, not utilizing their future NFL receivers,etc. It looked liked LSU did not show up and just weren''t ready to play. This was not the same LSU we played.

jimbo352
07-23-2014, 03:40 PM
[QUOTE=Irondawg;216994]
OM got unlucky somewhat at MSU, but was pretty lucky against LSU that for some reason they didn't bludgeon them to death on the ground and threw some many picks.

LSU probably had the worst game plan of any game they played last season. Real conservative play calling, not utilizing their future NFL receivers,etc. It looked liked LSU did not show up and just weren''t ready to play. This was not the same LSU we played.

IMO... If they had really been conservative, they would have won that game. The reason they lost, is because they kept letting mettenberger air it out and throw picks... Had they just lined up and run it down the bears throat, they would have worn them down by halftime...

Coach34
07-23-2014, 03:58 PM
[QUOTE=yjnkdawg;217162]

IMO... If they had really been conservative, they would have won that game. The reason they lost, is because they kept letting mettenberger air it out and throw picks... Had they just lined up and run it down the bears throat, they would have worn them down by halftime...

agreed-and 2 Metts picks were thrown on post routes- maybe all 3 cant remember the 3rd...couldnt figure out why they kept throwing that route- it wasnt there

chainedup_Dawg
07-23-2014, 04:42 PM
OM is lucky they didn't end up with 2 more loses, LSU and Vandy.

jimbo352
07-23-2014, 08:21 PM
[QUOTE=jimbo352;217180]

agreed-and 2 Metts picks were thrown on post routes- maybe all 3 cant remember the 3rd...couldnt figure out why they kept throwing that route- it wasnt there

I could be wrong, but I think all 3 were post routes... At least it seemed that way. Every pick was between the hash marks if I remember correctly... 2 were terrible, he just threw them up for grabs as far as I'm concerned... Why they didn't' come out with a 2 TE set and run the damn ball, I'll never understand...

RedneckFromTech
07-27-2014, 02:12 AM

only beat OM by 7

Bubb Rubb
07-27-2014, 08:22 AM
Troll on, brother.

Pollodawg
07-27-2014, 10:35 AM
only beat OM by 7

4/5. Call somebody up when OM can claim relevance in this rivalry again. It really is like when you put your hand on the forehead of someone shorter than you and just watch them swing away.