PDA

View Full Version : Hadad interviews Jerry Meyer(Malik Newman)...

engie
07-23-2014, 09:44 AM
http://media.vsporto.s3.amazonaws.com/_shows/bulldogsportsradio/2014-07-22-1377860768-instantreplaymeyer.mp3

Over/Under 3 posts before one of a handful of people hijack the thread into oblivion speaking in absolutes?

Coach34
07-23-2014, 09:48 AM
Summary for those of us stuck at work?

pdawg10msu
07-23-2014, 09:53 AM

Yes please. Work is quiet and busy today. Would piss the people off with me listening to a radio clip.

starkvegasdawg
07-23-2014, 10:00 AM
Over/Under 3 posts before one of a handful of people hijack the thread into oblivion speaking in absolutes?

I have an impeccable inside source that says we're absolutely going to get him beyond a shadow of a doubt unless he goes somewhere else.

engie
07-23-2014, 10:01 AM
Basically says that he picked him to MSU based largely on Horatio's involvement. Confirmed that he's a 1 and done player. Thinks he wants to stay nearby to let Horatio handle most of the potential issues with scouts and runners vs basically having to have an "outside" handler if he went elsewhere. Said the package with Diamond Stone isn't a real thing and never really was... Just something they talked about on twitter and people ran with it. Thinks there would be FEWER distractions for Malik at MSU in comparison to the basketball powerhouses...

Also went pretty in depth on his thoughts about Rick Ray -- compares his approach to Wichita(seems I've heard that somewhere before) -- says Malik and our improvement this year will start to define Ray -- basically calls a bunch of our guys "good, under the radar" prospects, etc...

C222
07-23-2014, 10:06 AM

Meyer said he changed his Crystal Ball prediction because he doesn't believe the package deal will happen and Malik wants to stay close to home. If he goes out of state (Kansas, UK), Horatio and Mailk's group will "lose control" of him.

Meyer said Andrew Slater is one of the best at the Crystal Ball. He changed to MSU also.

In order to build our program he said we have to target guys that the bigger schools aren't going after. Add them with a Mailk Newman, and we are back on track.

He doesn't know if Malik will sign early or not. He predicts he will sign in the spring.

thunderclap
07-23-2014, 10:15 AM
I have an impeccable inside source that says we're absolutely going to get him beyond a shadow of a doubt unless he goes somewhere else.

+1

MarketingBully01
07-23-2014, 11:07 AM
Basically says that he picked him to MSU based largely on Horatio's involvement. Confirmed that he's a 1 and done player. Thinks he wants to stay nearby to let Horatio handle most of the potential issues with scouts and runners vs basically having to have an "outside" handler if he went elsewhere. Said the package with Diamond Stone isn't a real thing and never really was... Just something they talked about on twitter and people ran with it. Thinks there would be FEWER distractions for Malik at MSU in comparison to the basketball powerhouses...

Also went pretty in depth on his thoughts about Rick Ray -- compares his approach to Wichita(seems I've heard that somewhere before) -- says Malik and our improvement this year will start to define Ray -- basically calls a bunch of our guys "good, under the radar" prospects, etc...

If he can sign Malik, consider me back on the Rick Ray train. Would be great if he could sign in the fall and pick us. That would add to our season and start the analysts talking about us again. Also would be great pub at the McDonald's All American game.

pdawg10msu
07-23-2014, 11:26 AM
My sources say Malik ain't coming. This same source was 150% sure Chris Jones was headed up north. So moral of the story is.... I need new sources.

TStationDawg
07-23-2014, 11:35 AM
Jerry is about as plugged in as it gets. Well, at least for those who will actually go on the record.

headcoach98
07-23-2014, 11:59 AM
People been saying in the past that our chances with Malik were better than some think, I'm really starting to believe it even more now.

Dawg61
07-23-2014, 12:40 PM

Umm no he didn't. There you go again bending the truth to what you want it to be or hear. He said Ray gets an "ok" grade for recruiting, a "to be determined" and then started talking about Wichita St. having success with signing under the radar players. At no point in that interview does he compare Ray to Gregg Marshall and MSU to Wichita. He simply talked about a program that was having success signing under the radar players and that program is WICHITA STATE. He gives zero reasons that Newman would pick MSU being Ray. Again like I said Newman would have MSU in his top 5 no matter the coach at MSU. Horatio wants Newman close to home so he can "handle" him better. Till he signs on the dotted line for MSU you should stop trying to add value to Ray's recruiting abilities. Listen to the damn interview again with open ears this time.

War Machine Dawg
07-23-2014, 12:58 PM
12 posts, Engie. Surprised it made it that long.

engie
07-23-2014, 12:59 PM
Umm no he didn't.
Yes he did.

There you go again bending the truth to what you want it to be or hear.
LOL -- when it's obvious everything you say from this point forward will be you doing the same thing while ALSO being the hypocrite about it.

He said Ray gets an "ok" grade for recruiting, a "to be determined"
Seems like that's what a whole bunch of us have been saying. Apparently Jerry Meyer doesn't know as much about basketball recruiting as dawg61 though...

and then started talking about Wichita St. having success with signing under the radar players.
Which is a comparison to MSU in showing that as the blueprint that we(RAY) are attempting to follow. As many of us have beat you over the head with while you are "starstruck" 100% of the time.

At no point in that interview does he compare Ray to Gregg Marshall and MSU to Wichita.
Where did I say that he compared Ray to Marshall?

Where did I say he compared MSU to Wichita?

Just more straw man bullshit from you. I said that he compared THE PATH that MSU is attempting to take to the one Wichita takes -- and that is EXACTLY WHAT WE ARE DOING.

He simply talked about a program that was having success signing under the radar players and that program is WICHITA STATE.
Funny -- Ray grabbed TWO players in last year's class that had Wichita offers. One in the previous class(Daniels). We've got 3 players on campus with Wichita St offers RIGHT NOW. Yeah -- we're not taking that approach to building or anything!1!1!!!1

He gives zero reasons that Newman would pick MSU being Ray.
Is this supposed to be a comprehensive sentence?

Again like I said Newman would have MSU in his top 5 no matter the coach at MSU. Horatio wants Newman close to home so he can "handle" him better. Till he signs on the dotted line for MSU you should stop trying to add value to Ray's recruiting abilities.
Ahhh -- already taking a big ass step back from the "NO CHANCE!11!11" "100% NOT GETTING NEWMAN!1!1" approach, huh?

Listen to the damn interview again with open ears this time.
I will. As soon as you reread what I actually wrote and actually comprehend it instead of spinning up a wad of bullshit in attempt to ruin another good basketball thread.

engie
07-23-2014, 01:04 PM

Me too.

Have about had enough of him making basketball recruiting and Malik Newman a totally undiscussable topic. Just constant useless bitching and bullshit. He's bringing nothing to the table but an argument for the argument's sake. Has no goal in mind. Just mindless bitching that doesn't even base itself in any form of reality most of the time.

Dawg61
07-23-2014, 01:06 PM
Also went pretty in depth on his thoughts about Rick Ray -- compares his approach to Wichita This sentence is complete bullshit. Doesn't surprise me one bit coming from Engie though.

Dawg61
07-23-2014, 01:09 PM
Me too.

Have about had enough of that dumb ass ruining every single basketball recruiting or Malik Newman thread with pointless, useless bitching and bullshit. He's bringing NOTHING to the table but an argument. For argument's sake. He has no goal in mind. Just mindless bitching.

Yea I have a goal bro and it's to stop dumbfu@k lying twats like you from adding value to a coach that shouldn't be the HC at MSU. You are trying to keep him here longer and I aint trying to have it. You got your shit wish for going on 3 years now. NOW IT'S TIME TO HIRE A REAL COACH.

preachermatt83
07-23-2014, 01:09 PM
Engie, you have become the most condescending, insufferable, and unfriendly poster lately. I hope it eases up soon. I always thought you added valuable football insight so I really don't want to have to block you but man it's getting where I can't even handle reading your posts. You don't always have to be so hateful in your responses.

C222
07-23-2014, 01:11 PM
Engie, you have become the most condescending, insufferable, and unfriendly poster lately. I hope it eases up soon. I always thought you added valuable football insight so I really don't want to have to block you but man it's getting where I can't even handle reading your posts. You don't always have to be so hateful in your responses.

You blocking Dawg61 too?

thf24
07-23-2014, 01:13 PM

That can be said of several posters on the other side of the issue as well.

preachermatt83
07-23-2014, 01:14 PM
You blocking Dawg61 too?

why would I?

C222
07-23-2014, 01:16 PM
why would I?

Well, he did just call anyone that agrees with Engie, "dumbfu@k lying twats." And since you are blocking Engie for being hateful, just curious if you would do the same with Dawg61. Or are you just blocking Engie because you don't agree with him?

DownwardDawg
07-23-2014, 01:17 PM

You posted this after reading this particular thread????? Did you read the particular post that engie replied to?

engie
07-23-2014, 01:18 PM

Please tell me -- who the hell do you think "started" this? It's funny that I'm the insufferable one -- when the thread was going perfectly till the idiot convention showed up(who you agree with -- thus your side-taking in this argument).

How many basketball posts does d61 have to ruin before I have the right to be all of these things? I'm sick of the few dumbasses ruining this board. And, yes, my fuse is short as hell with ignorance parading itself as knowledge and derailment of good threads into bitchfests. Especially when they are my own threads. Same exact thing applies with you and baseball.

The funny thing about my "valuable football insight" is that it's my third most knowledgeable sport -- by a lot. Baseball is my first. And that's the one you choose to argue about.

How about we do each other a favor and block each other -- that way I don't have to get any dumber by reading your posts -- and you don't have to see my condescension when idiots ruin threads.

DownwardDawg
07-23-2014, 01:19 PM
why would I?

Dawg61 started this shit show by basically calling engie out for no reason. I guess that's cool though since you don't care for engie.

preachermatt83
07-23-2014, 01:19 PM
That can be said of several posters on the other side of the issue as well.

If it where just this issue that is one thing, but I am not just referring to this one issue. It has gotten to the point where if you disagree with him about ANYTHING he loses it.

engie
07-23-2014, 01:20 PM
This sentence is complete bullshit. Doesn't surprise me one bit coming from Engie though.

Right. He just brought up Wichita for the fun of it. He wasn't making an analogy in comparison to our building approach. That's it.

Dumb. Ass.

Dawg61
07-23-2014, 01:21 PM
Well, he did just call anyone that agrees with Engie, "dumbfu@k lying twats." No I called Engie a dumbfu@k lying twat. How the hell do you twist that into me calling everyone that that agrees with Engie?

preachermatt83
07-23-2014, 01:21 PM
Please tell me -- who the hell do you think "started" this? It's funny that I'm the insufferable one -- when the thread was going perfectly till the idiot convention showed up(who you agree with -- thus your side-taking in this argument).

How many basketball posts does d61 have to ruin before I have the right to be all of these things? I'm sick of the few dumbasses ruining this board. And, yes, my fuse is short as hell with ignorance parading itself as knowledge and derailment of good threads into bitchfests. Especially when they are my own threads. Same exact thing applies with you and baseball.

The funny thing about my "valuable football insight" is that it's my third most knowledgeable sport -- by a lot. Baseball is my first. And that's the one you choose to argue about.

How about we do each other a favor and block each other -- that way I don't have to get any dumber by reading your posts -- and you don't have to see my condescension when idiots ruin threads.

see^^ It cant just be a cordial conversation about it. I posted directly to you in a nice manner and look at your reaction. It's all about how right you are and how wrong everyone else is.

starkvegasdawg
07-23-2014, 01:22 PM
I'm getting him on the phone now to get down here so we can settle all the grudge matches on this board in one evening.

http://thekevinburkeproject.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/buffer.jpg

engie
07-23-2014, 01:23 PM
Yea I have a goal bro and it's to stop dumbfu@k lying twats like you from adding value to a coach that shouldn't be the HC at MSU. You are trying to keep him here longer and I aint trying to have it. You got your shit wish for going on 3 years now. NOW IT'S TIME TO HIRE A REAL COACH.

Funny -- you don't argue a single point I made -- just jump straight to namecalling and "Fire Rick Ray!11!11 IMMEDIATELY!!!1!1" in the middle of the offseason again.

And you had the audacity to use the term DUMB **** when taking this approach? EL O EL

C222
07-23-2014, 01:24 PM
No I called Engie a dumbfu@k lying twat. How the hell do you twist that into me calling everyone that that agrees with Engie?

"it's to stop dumbfu@k lying twats like you"

Who are you referring to? Who is like Engie? People that agree with him and are willing to give Ray a 3rd year?

Dawg61
07-23-2014, 01:27 PM
http://media.vsporto.s3.amazonaws.com/_shows/bulldogsportsradio/2014-07-22-1377860768-instantreplaymeyer.mp3

Me too.

Have about had enough of him making basketball recruiting and Malik Newman a totally undiscussable topic. Just constant useless bitching and bullshit. He's bringing nothing to the table but an argument for the argument's sake. Has no goal in mind. Just mindless bitching that doesn't even base itself in any form of reality most of the time.

Dawg61 started this shit show by basically calling engie out for no reason. I guess that's cool though since you don't care for engie.

Engie is practically begging me to join his thread.

engie
07-23-2014, 01:30 PM
see^^ It cant just be a cordial conversation about it. I posted directly to you in a nice manner and look at your reaction. It's all about how right you are and how wrong everyone else is.

No you didn't. You took the opposite side in an argument that was OBVIOUSLY not started by me -- in support of the person that starts arguments in every basketball thread -- while calling me out basically for responding at all and "threatening" to block me. If you regularly find yourself constantly supporting idiots -- as you do in the two sports I understand the best -- then the shoe fits.

You wanted an explanation -- I gave you one. You don't like the explanation, the block button is easy to find -- and we would be doing each other and the board a favor by clicking it.

engie
07-23-2014, 01:33 PM

Who are you referring to? Who is like Engie? People that agree with him and are willing to give Ray a 3rd year?

Yep. He's perfectly fine with going straw man and totally fubaring reading comprehension when it suits him...Lying about what you(I) said, then lying about what HE actually said. This thread is a perfect example of D61's entire existence on this board. Nothing but bullshit. No foundation. No structure. No consistency. Just endless, mindless bitching and trolling.

engie
07-23-2014, 01:34 PM
Engie is practically begging me to join his thread.

No I wasn't. I was waiting for what I knew was coming -- and you didn't disappoint.

MadDawg
07-23-2014, 01:35 PM

Lately????

Dawg61
07-23-2014, 01:35 PM
Originally Posted by engie
Me too.

Have about had enough of that dumb ass ruining every single basketball recruiting or Malik Newman thread with pointless, useless bitching and bullshit. He's bringing NOTHING to the table but an argument. For argument's sake. He has no goal in mind. Just mindless bitching.

Stop trying to make my post about you C222. I am clearly speaking to Engie alone.

DudyDawg
07-23-2014, 01:36 PM
I just wish one basketball recruiting thread would stay on basketball recruiting and not a war. 61, I agree with most of your posts on things, and my jury is out on ray still, but you shouldn't always come into these guns blazing. I realize that you want him gone, I realize engine mayyyyy have provoked you by saying that the thread would get hijacked (tho he didn't name you), but you need to chill. You're ruining basketball threads for anyone who wants to talk basketball. That's my third party opinion

engie
07-23-2014, 01:39 PM

Stop trying to make my post about you C222. I am clearly speaking to Engie alone.

You are ****ing stupid. You know that?

Twats - plural.
"like" = similar
you = me

So the goal is to stop "others like me" that are, consequently, dumb****s that lie.

It's hilarious to use the term "dumb****" in a broken, run-on sentence before completely failing to understand elementary English and sentence structure.

Dawg61
07-23-2014, 01:40 PM
Yep. He's perfectly fine with going straw man and totally fubaring reading comprehension when it suits him...Lying about what you(I) said, then lying about what HE actually said. This thread is a perfect example of D61's entire existence on this board. Nothing but bullshit. No foundation. No structure. No consistency. Just endless, mindless bitching and trolling.

Says the lying dumbfu@k twat that just went back and edited his post so that he can appear to look like he didn't call me a dumbass and start it. You baited me into your lying thread and then threw a couple "dumbass" jabs at me and tried to incite a reaction from me. Well guess what? You got one. Ya lying pos. Keep lying Engie.

engie
07-23-2014, 01:42 PM
You're ruining basketball threads for anyone who wants to talk basketball. That's my third party opinion

Bingo.

It's bad when you know your basketball thread is going to be ruined before you even start it. Nothing I said should have "provoked" him. It was an expectation of what was to come -- and that's exactly what did come.

You can't talk basketball on either public MSU board without him totally hijacking and ruining the threads. EVERY.SINGLE.THREAD. I'm sick of it.

Dawg61
07-23-2014, 01:43 PM
You are ****ing stupid. You know that?

Twats - plural.
"like" = similar
you = me

So the goal is to stop "others like me" that are, consequently, dumb****s that lie.

It's hilarious to use the term "dumb****" in a broken, run-on sentence before completely failing to understand elementary English and sentence structure.

Thanks teach

http://38.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lxmdkuadbN1qas5xlo1_500.gif

Dawg61
07-23-2014, 01:46 PM
Bingo.

It's bad when you know your basketball thread is going to be ruined before you even start it. Nothing I said should have "provoked" him. It was an expectation of what was to come -- and that's exactly what did come.

You can't talk basketball on either public MSU board without him totally hijacking and ruining the threads. EVERY.SINGLE.THREAD. I'm sick of it.

Quit lying and I won't have to join your threads. You lie and try to influence other MSU fans about basketball. I've seen you lie so many damn times that I can not stand back and let it continue. You will do anything to get people to have a favorable mindset of Ray.

engie
07-23-2014, 01:48 PM
Says the lying dumbfu@k twat that just went back and edited his post so that he can appear to look like he didn't call me a dumbass and start it. You baited me into your lying thread and then threw a couple "dumbass" jabs at me and tried to incite a reaction from me. Well guess what? You got one. Ya lying pos. Keep lying Engie.

"Just went back and edited" what post? I didn't just go back and edit shit, dumb ass. You called me a liar among other things in your VERY FIRST post here. But I started it? That's ****ing rich.

You keep making up bullshit about me -- I'm going to keep telling the truth about you.

engie
07-23-2014, 01:49 PM
Quit lying and I won't have to join your threads. You lie and try to influence other MSU fans about basketball. I've seen you lie so many damn times that I can not stand back and let it continue. You will do anything to get people to have a favorable mindset of Ray.

Lulz. So predictably ignorant.

It's funny -- you are the ONLY person that took any issue with my relation of the interview. ONLY ONE. Why do you think that is?

Let me guess -- it's because you think you are smarter than everyone else.

Dawg61
07-23-2014, 01:55 PM
"Just went back and edited" what post? I didn't just go back and edit shit, dumb ass. You called me a liar among other things in your VERY FIRST post here. But I started it? That's ****ing rich.

You keep making up bullshit about me -- I'm going to keep telling the truth about you.

And here you are again flat out lying to everyone. Post #15 in this thread "Last edited by engie; 07-23-2014 at 02:07 PM."

You started it by baiting me into this thread, then you lied about what the interview said, then you called me a dumbass, then you went back and edited out the part you called me a dumbass and now you are lying again. Keep lying Engie.

Dawg61
07-23-2014, 01:58 PM
Lulz. So predictably ignorant.

It's funny -- you are the ONLY person that took any issue with my relation of the interview. ONLY ONE. Why do you think that is?

Let me guess -- it's because you think you are smarter than everyone else.

I took issue because I am the only one that caught your lie. Others scanned over your post and didn't catch it. I did. I don't think I am smarter than everyone else. I have no wishes to be that person and I never would be anyways. Being smarter than everyone else would not be a good thing it would be a curse.

thf24
07-23-2014, 02:01 PM
I finally got a few minutes to listen to the interview, and I'm having trouble taking it as anything other than more or less what engie initially said.

MadDawg
07-23-2014, 02:06 PM

"Just went back and edited" what post? I didn't just go back and edit shit, dumb ass." - engie

Dawg61
07-23-2014, 02:07 PM
I finally got a few minutes to listen to the interview, and I'm having trouble taking it as anything other than more or less what engie initially said.

Most of what Engie said was what the interview talked about except for this one part. "Also went pretty in depth on his thoughts about Rick Ray -- compares his approach to Wichita"

That is the part I took issue with. Meyer doesn't go in depth on his thoughts about Ray and he doesn't compare MSU to Wichita State. Engie said he did.

maroonmania
07-23-2014, 02:07 PM
Dang 61, wish you would just take a break from basketball threads. Tired of hearing your negative rant. We restrict OM fans from this forum but they would be much more pleasant to read than you when a basketball topic comes up. We know you don't like what Ray is doing or the way he was hired but a lot of us MSU fans plan to give the guy a chance while he is still the BB HC at MSU regardless of how he got here. Seems like you've taken it on as a full time job to snuff out any ray of hope that might come out that Ray could in anyway pull the BB program out of the crapper and it is really getting old.

I seen it dawg
07-23-2014, 02:08 PM
Engie and dawg61 you 2 need to reign it in and go ****ing fight thru pm. You 2 have gone overboard at each other instead of the subject at hand and it needs to stop yesterday. Both of you take care of this.

engie
07-23-2014, 02:11 PM
And here you are again flat out lying to everyone. Post #15 in this thread "Last edited by engie; 07-23-2014 at 02:07 PM."

You started it by baiting me into this thread, then you lied about what the interview said, then you called me a dumbass, then you went back and edited out the part you called me a dumbass and now you are lying again. Keep lying Engie.

So you mean to tell me that I edited a post THREE FULL MINUTES after I wrote it -- and FIVE FULL MINUTES before you replied to it? The hell you say!1!1!1

Yeah -- that's "going back and editing" it. Just more D61 lies while accusing others of lying. You started it by calling me a liar in your first post in the thread, you ****ING IDIOT.

thf24
07-23-2014, 02:12 PM
Most of what Engie said was what the interview talked about except for this one part. "Also went pretty in depth on his thoughts about Rick Ray -- compares his approach to Wichita"

That is the part I took issue with. Meyer doesn't go in depth on his thoughts about Ray and he doesn't compare MSU to Wichita State. Engie said he did.

I mean he didn't sit there and run down a detailed list of similarities, but he did say the type of player Ray has managed to get and is currently recruiting are very similar to those that Witchita State recruits. I don't think it's misleading in the slightest to say that the two of us take a similar approach, and infer that Meyer was saying as much.

engie
07-23-2014, 02:13 PM

"Just went back and edited" what post? I didn't just go back and edit shit, dumb ass." - engie

"Just went back and edited" implies recent and trying to change the course of the thread. It doesn't imply an edit PRIOR TO THE RESPONSE and basically as soon as I hit send the first time.

engie
07-23-2014, 02:14 PM
Dang 61, wish you would just take a break from basketball threads. Tired of hearing your negative rant. We restrict OM fans from this forum but they would be much more pleasant to read than you when a basketball topic comes up. We know you don't like what Ray is doing or the way he was hired but a lot of us MSU fans plan to give the guy a chance while he is still the BB HC at MSU regardless of how he got here. Seems like you've taken it on as a full time job to snuff out any ray of hope that might come out that Ray could in anyway pull the BB program out of the crapper and it is really getting old.

Exactly.

I seen it dawg
07-23-2014, 02:14 PM
Locked for stupidity.