PDA

View Full Version : Hump Day Question of the Day: Which will you watch?

curmudgeon
07-23-2014, 07:57 AM
Will you still watch College Gameday on Saturday mornings, or will you watch SEC Nation?

Dawg61
07-23-2014, 08:06 AM
Both just not live

Statefan
07-23-2014, 08:10 AM
Probably the SEC show, but it will be weird to get adjusted to a new crew after all these years. However, the less time spent salivating over Ohio State, Penn State, Michigan, Notre Dame, Stanford, etc etc is a major draw

DownwardDawg
07-23-2014, 08:22 AM
SEC Nation. I can't take much more of watching Corso since his stroke. I love him but it's brutal. I hate this happened to him.

RossDawg82
07-23-2014, 08:32 AM
SEC nation. I don't need to watch gameday and hear about how great the Buckeyes are and how this is the year the Trojans make it back to the top

CadaverDawg
07-23-2014, 08:32 AM
I will watch the SEC show live and record Gameday. Then fast forward through Gameday until I see their discussion on our game. Watch it, then delete it

engie
07-23-2014, 08:47 AM
Both...

My favorite hour of gameday is the first one that starts at 8AM now and basically covers everything in the first hour only to be brought back in detail later in the show...Probably because that's the one "uninterrupted" hour I get every Saturday before tailgating, cooking out, et... Then watching both to see how I like SECNation. I think Tessitore is going to be awesome -- we'll see on the rest.

Personally, I already think we have a tendency to fall into our own little bubble where "what the SEC is doing is all that matters" and the new network is going to make it even more cultish -- and I like to try to widen and diversify my knowledge as much as possible. Even if we have been dominating -- doesn't mean they care any less about college football in other parts of the country than they traditionally have. I like knowing what UCLA and Baylor are bringing back and what they are expected to do...

Smitty
07-23-2014, 08:47 AM
I stopped watching Gameday a few years ago so SEC show for me

Political Hack
07-23-2014, 08:51 AM
we're all going to be chanting "SEC SEC SEC" in our livin rooms at 8 AM the Saturday morning of the first away game. I'll watch SEC Nation, but I imagine Gameday will likely start an hour earlier. Be nice to get the first hour there (as Engie said) and then flip over to SEC Nation.

BulldogBear
07-23-2014, 08:55 AM
I haven't seen athing on SECNetwork programming as of yet so I assume this is going to be a morning kickoff show similar to gameday. If so, I will probably watch it and flip to gameday at certain times. I'm sure they will give in depth talking points about each SEC game. Will they talk of other games as well?

DudyDawg
07-23-2014, 09:04 AM
Neither, usually. At least not all the way through. I may flip on the SEC one while waking up and getting ready and stuff but i won't set my alarm to watch. Mostly depends on when/where our game is. If I don't go to an away game then I'll watch some

curmudgeon
07-23-2014, 09:13 AM
I haven't seen athing on SECNetwork programming as of yet so I assume this is going to be a morning kickoff show similar to gameday. If so, I will probably watch it and flip to gameday at certain times. I'm sure they will give in depth talking points about each SEC game. Will they talk of other games as well?

Yes, its a Gameday type show that is focused on the SEC. Will visit all 14 campuses every year. Most likely will be in Starkville for the Auburn game. It is expected to be completely SEC focused, so little to no talk about games that do not involve SEC teams until maybe later in the season when teams are jockeying for playoff spots.

Gameday will probably only have 1 or 2 SEC locales all season, rather than the 5-6 they have averaged over the past few years.

SEC Nation will have Tebow as the Kirk Herbstreit and Paul Finebaum as the Corso. Testatore as the Fowler.

DudyDawg
07-23-2014, 09:15 AM
Yes, its a Gameday type show that is focused on the SEC. Will visit all 14 campuses every year. Most likely will be in Starkville for the Auburn game. It is expected to be completely SEC focused, so little to no talk about games that do not involve SEC teams until maybe later in the season when teams are jockeying for playoff spots.

Gameday will probably only have 1 or 2 SEC locales all season, rather than the 5-6 they have averaged over the past few years.

SEC Nation will have Tebow as the Kirk Herbstreit and Paul Finebaum as the Corso. Testatore as the Fowler.

When you say they'll be at every school, do you mean they'll be outside at a set and all that stuff like game day or some other set up?

curmudgeon
07-23-2014, 09:28 AM
When you say they'll be at every school, do you mean they'll be outside at a set and all that stuff like game day or some other set up?

It will be a full Gameday like set with the crowds and signs and all. 10-12 on Saturday mornings with the exception of 4-6 Thursday night before South Carolina- A&M.

First few locales:
August 28: Columbia, SC (USC vs. A&M)
August 30: Auburn, AL (Auburn vs. Arkansas)
September 6: Nashville, TN (Ole Miss vs. Vandy)
September 13: Gainesville, FL (Kentucky vs. Florida)

September 20: Baton Rouge (MSU vs. LSU) or Tuscaloosa (Florida vs. Alabama)
September 27: Athens, GA (UT vs. UGA) or College Station (Arkansas vs. A&M)
October 4: Lexington (USC vs. UK) or Oxford (Ole Miss vs. Alabama) or Starkville (A&M vs. MSU)
October 11: Starkville (Auburn vs. MSU) or CoMo (UGA vs. Mizzou)

There will be no repeated locations. There are 13 Saturdays in the season + the SEC Thursday kickoff as the 14th locale. They are going to try to feature every team as a home and away team, which would make Auburn-MSU more likely than A&M-MSU because of A&M being in the first game. Also think we'll get the 9/20 at LSU date as well.

FISHDAWG
07-23-2014, 09:53 AM
this is a big reason for me to watch the SEC show over Gameday

jumbo
07-23-2014, 10:05 AM
Will you still watch College Gameday on Saturday mornings, or will you watch SEC Nation?

back and forth between the two

dawgs
07-23-2014, 10:42 AM
Probably the SEC show, but it will be weird to get adjusted to a new crew after all these years. However, the less time spent salivating over Ohio State, Penn State, Michigan, Notre Dame, Stanford, etc etc is a major draw

So instead you are gonna have more time spent salivating over Bama, Florida, lsu, auburn, uga, etc etc?

engie
07-23-2014, 10:50 AM
There are 14 Saturdays this season as well as last season... Just depends on how the calendar sets up every year...

sleepy dawg
07-23-2014, 10:54 AM
So instead you are gonna have more time spent salivating over Bama, Florida, lsu, auburn, uga, etc etc?

5 minutes of Mississippi State coverage is better than no Mississippi State coverage.

engie
07-23-2014, 10:56 AM
this is a big reason for me to watch the SEC show over Gameday

Many are very, very knowledgeable about all of the schools and traditions in the SEC as well. Listen to Head-To-Head's interview with Joe Tessitore -- it's pretty crazy how well-researched he already is. Really looking forward to his role in all of this...http://www.supertalk.fm/audio-joe-tessitore-on-h2h/

Statefan
07-23-2014, 11:06 AM

I feel like this year at least, we will have our fair share of coverage on SEC Network

And I would rather watch coverage on these SEC teams then have ESPN tell me how elite ND's is, or that Stanford's defense would shine in the SEC, how Mariota deserves Heisman after the first 3 games and so on. I also think that College Gameday may have less SEC coverage than before because of this new network

preachermatt83
07-23-2014, 11:12 AM
I will watch the SEC show live and record Gameday. Then fast forward through Gameday until I see their discussion on our game. Watch it, then delete it

this is me too.

PMDawg
07-23-2014, 11:19 AM

this. i will probably watch more than cadaver, but not much.

thunderclap
07-23-2014, 11:30 AM
Neither. I start watching at kickoff. I can't stand pregame shows anymore.

curmudgeon
07-23-2014, 12:32 PM
I feel like this year at least, we will have our fair share of coverage on SEC Network

And I would rather watch coverage on these SEC teams then have ESPN tell me how elite ND's is, or that Stanford's defense would shine in the SEC, how Mariota deserves Heisman after the first 3 games and so on. I also think that College Gameday may have less SEC coverage than before because of this new network

It is not impossible for the SEC Nation show to have equal ratings as Gameday this year.

Johnson85
07-23-2014, 01:37 PM

Probably not going to watch anything that prominently features Finebaum. As far as I can tell, he has basically zero sports knowledge and just relies on saying outrageous things.

archdog
07-23-2014, 01:44 PM
SEC Nation. I can't take much more of watching Corso since his stroke. I love him but it's brutal. I hate this happened to him.

Corso had a stroke? I thought that is the way he has always been.

archdog
07-23-2014, 01:45 PM
this. i will probably watch more than cadaver, but not much.

Sounds about what I do now.

Dawgcentral
07-23-2014, 05:51 PM
Maybe Finebaum will have a stroke.

CadaverDawg
07-23-2014, 05:58 PM
Wait, Lou Holtz won't be on the SEC Network??.....

http://images.terezowens.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/Screen-Shot-2013-01-16-at-4.11.38-PM.png

thedawg
07-23-2014, 08:12 PM
So does this mean that Starkville will never get that coveted game day that we all dreamed of? I mean I can totally see the logic of ESPN of we had the dream season to say nah we arnt going to Starkville the sec show has already been there.

CadaverDawg
07-23-2014, 11:01 PM
So does this mean that Starkville will never get that coveted game day that we all dreamed of? I mean I can totally see the logic of ESPN of we had the dream season to say nah we arnt going to Starkville the sec show has already been there.

It will be interesting to see how much less, if any, Gameday talks about SEC games

engie
07-23-2014, 11:04 PM
It will be interesting to see how much less, if any, Gameday talks about SEC games

Gameday won't change at all, I wouldn't think. ESPN will still be covering all the games they've always covered before in essence...

Dawgface
07-24-2014, 06:52 AM
Neither. I start watching at kickoff. I can't stand pregame shows anymore.

Same here. I usually play golf before kickoff.